Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Okay. So after some reading of various searches and diff forums it sounds as if Capella V1s and V2s are worlds apart.
I think that my problem may have come from tasting everything v2 and not liking it.

Are they really that different?

Also, the chemical changes in v2s are supposed to be safer but most posts I have read have been people voicing the same opinions; 'more chemicals in the cigs I smoked', 'rush hour is worse for you lungs' etc...

Anybody have any opinions in this?

Reactions: dobroeutro

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
v2 has no diketones... Whereas the V1 have diacetyl, the bad AP or other questionables.
As far as the flavor, I can't stand the V2s, especially the ones containing Butyric acid (however its spelled) It tastes like vomit to me... The only one I've liked is Capella's Graham Cracker v2.. That one is good.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
The only thing I've tried from Capella is vanilla custard v1 and it's very good in fact I'm vaping it right now in a funnel cake recipe. Being that I never tried it I have no basis for comparison of their vanilla custard v2 but from what I've read they are worlds apart.

As far as the safety of v1 it's only a fraction of the harm compared to what you would get from cigarettes, after 40 years of smoking I to believe it's the lesser of 2 evils so I don't concern myself to much with the hype and just use moderation. This is just my take on it and you should follow your own common sense on this subject.

Last edited:

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Personally, I'm not overly concerned about diketones & use only CAP v1 concentrates for my juice. To me, having tried both, v1 just tastes/performs better. My better half, on the other hand, prefers not to have them in her juice. She has never had any v1 and is satisfied with v2 in the mixes I make for her. I also mix for a few other people and only use v2 for them. No complaints thus far. So basically, I have to have both v1 & v2 on hand. As an aside, I've found in small quantities, (1 - 3%) in mixes, I don't notice a significant difference in v1 & v2. YMMV... :D

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Okay. So after some reading of various searches and diff forums it sounds as if Capella V1s and V2s are worlds apart.
I think that my problem may have come from tasting everything v2 and not liking it.
Are they really that different?
Also, the chemical changes in v2s are supposed to be safer but most posts I have read have been people voicing the same opinions; 'more chemicals in the cigs I smoked', 'rush hour is worse for you lungs' etc...
Anybody have any opinions in this?
"It's funny, we're all concerned if flavors have anything bad in them and yet we smoked for years knowing it was all bad. I'm going to be ...... if I get hit by a bus. My last thought is going to be "But God, I only vaped the good flavors"."
http://..................com/threads/sweet-cream-substitute.94241/
V1 all the way and if I'm bumped from this fur ball a little sooner,you and I will never know. I'll only know up to the time I left, I left with a smile.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
"It's funny, we're all concerned if flavors have anything bad in them and yet we smoked for years knowing it was all bad. I'm going to be ...... if I get hit by a bus. My last thought is going to be "But God, I only vaped the good flavors"."
http://..................com/threads/sweet-cream-substitute.94241/
V1 all the way and if I'm bumped from this fur ball a little sooner,you and I will never know. I'll only know up to the time I left, I left with a smile.
The only justification I can see for that is we know the effects of smoking cigarettes. We don't know much of anything about the effects of these flavoring components for vaping.
I personally am not concerned about diketones overall... but if I can avoid them by using equally good flavors, I will. To each their own.

Reactions: jpasint

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Ok. I put my order in. I'm broke :( cos I've spent too much money on gear...
I've basically run out of juice apart from what's in the tanks right now :eek:

I've ordered all Capella
Vanilla V1
Vanilla custard V1 (yes I like vanilla)
Sweet strawberry (one to have right away while I wait for the others)
Cinnamon danish swirl
Blueberry cinnamon crumble.

Not too many mixers but I haven't mixed concentrates for a while
(Trying other things)
Do you think my favourite poly tanks kfun & phenomenon will be able to handle the cinnamon in the last two?
I know it's a cracker but will I get away with it?

Ta

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I haven't seen anything regarding Cinnamon Danish Swirl being harsh on plastic/tank cracker. It's usually the Cinnamon Red Hots/Candied cinnamon that I've heard of eroding plastic. Bakery cinnamon, not so much... But I could be wrong.

I hope your not ;)
Thanks

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
The only thing I've tried from Capella is vanilla custard v1 and it's very good in fact I'm vaping it right now in a funnel cake recipe. Being that I never tried it I have no basis for comparison of their vanilla custard v2 but from what I've read they are worlds apart.

As far as the safety of v1 it's only a fraction of the harm compared to what you would get from cigarettes, after 40 years of smoking I to believe it's the lesser of 2 evils so I don't concern myself to much with the hype and just use moderation. This is just my take on it and you should follow your own common sense on this subject.

How's the funnel cake recipe? I'm interested as I love that stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I haven't seen anything regarding Cinnamon Danish Swirl being harsh on plastic/tank cracker. It's usually the Cinnamon Red Hots/Candied cinnamon that I've heard of eroding plastic. Bakery cinnamon, not so much... But I could be wrong.
I have been vaping cinnamon churro, cinnamon cookie and cinnamon roll flavours as high as 20% flavour in poly tanks for months with zero issues.

I believe you are correct about the issues being more with red hot/candy type flavours. I could also be wrong, but so far so good for me....

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
The problem I have with V2 Custard, apart from it not imparting the creamy taste I crave, and thus not being an appropriate sub for V1, is that it's a weak flavor, an issue compounded by the fact that it starts tasting too butyric (vomity) at over 10%. In other words, its unpleasant artifacts start kicking in long before anything good it has to offer. I sincerely wanted to like it, but could not coax anything memorable out of the 30 mls I experimented with.

If I had to liken it to another flavor, I'd say it's similar (but still not close) to TFAs Vanilla Swirl. However, I don't get any butyric elements from Vanilla Swirl. In fact, I find VS quite useful (though still not as a sub for TFA or CAP VC1). It's one of the flavors I buy 120 mls of at a time.

I've tried several other of Capella's V2s. Like Rin13 above, the only one I've found useful is Graham Cracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread