Capella's DIY Recipes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalian

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Saint Petersburg, FL
Just made up a 10ml test batch, I'll try to remember to post what I thought in a week or so.
Thanks for the recipe!
Ash

Great idea! Here's my first contribution.

Killer if you like super rich and buttery ;)
I call it Patti's (just kidding) Park Avenue Vanilla Cheesecake

Note: I don't like strong flavors, adjust according to your person preference

10% Capella's cheesecake
5% French Vanilla

Add to whatever base your using, shake well and let it steep at least 3 days (critical!), longer is better.
If it's not rich enough for you, you can add a few drops of butter as well.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
A few of the recipes on here refer to lemon juice - is this actually fresh squeezed (presumably filtered) lemon juice or one of the bottled lemon juices? Here in the UK we commonly have JIF lemon juice (for cooking/ pancakes etc) but when I checked the list of ingredients it said E223 preservative which (I checked) is sodium metabisulfite which is a well known irritant if inhaled (I used to use a solution of sodium metabisulfite to sterilise glassware and the fumes would really "bite" my throat/ chest!). I've also found a cake flavouring (well, it was with the baking ingredients in the supermarket and says use one teaspoon per 250g of icing/ buttercream) - the ingredients are listed as "alcohol, natural flavourings" - is this what I should use do you think?

I have read here on the threads of people using both real lemon juice (like the kind you get in the little lemon-shaped plastic bottles) and using lemon flavoring concentrate. But, I think only real lemon juice is going to change the PH of the juice and provide the optimal result. I am working on using lemon concentrate myself, thinking that the real lemon juice is too acidic to be vaping and also has a short expiration date, compared to a flavoring. If your bottled lemon juice contains those chemicals, I would not vape it, personally. Better safe than sorry. You could try fresh squeezed lemon juice, filtered, if you really wanted to try it out.

king of queens

Feb 21, 2014
Luxembourg
Just a quick newbie question concerning diy. I've just mixed up a 30ml bottle of 80pg/20vg 12mg nic and 5% marshmallow Capella flavor. I wasn't sure about the percentage of the flavor and I also made a Tasty Puff cotton mouth candy mix with the same proportions. Only the Tasty Puff "suggested percentage" I've read was not to go over 10% so I figured I try at 5% and see how it is.

So here is my question: Is the concentration of the Capella flavors in general less than say a Tasty Puff concentrate?

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
A few of the recipes on here refer to lemon juice - is this actually fresh squeezed (presumably filtered) lemon juice or one of the bottled lemon juices? Here in the UK we commonly have JIF lemon juice (for cooking/ pancakes etc) but when I checked the list of ingredients it said E223 preservative which (I checked) is sodium metabisulfite which is a well known irritant if inhaled (I used to use a solution of sodium metabisulfite to sterilise glassware and the fumes would really "bite" my throat/ chest!). I've also found a cake flavouring (well, it was with the baking ingredients in the supermarket and says use one teaspoon per 250g of icing/ buttercream) - the ingredients are listed as "alcohol, natural flavourings" - is this what I should use do you think?

If you're looking for a tartness, try some Malic Acid at 1-2%.

king of queens

Feb 21, 2014
Luxembourg
Where do you guys buy your Capella flavors. I am gluten free and not by choice so I am very happy that this list is here. No point in me looking at recipes that do not have Gluten free flavor in them. I suggested making the recipes by flavor company but that hasn't happened.

I get mine from here or here but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of US vendors out there.

Satiated

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chicago
There is several sites that sell them,or i believe you can also order direct from Capella.2 places i have dealt with that sell them are Bull city vapor and wizard labs just started selling them.

I'm happy that Wizard labs sells it because I already have an act with them and when I spoke with them about my nic order they were wonderful. I do need a recommendation for necessary sweeteners. I see lots of people get EM but is there another sweetener you'd recommend too. Also would love to know before I order the VG/PG if Wizards is tasteless or tastes good. I'm very sensitive to taste so if there is an after taste I'd like to know now before I make the next purchase.

thanks again for the help and links. :)

Satiated

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chicago
I also mix a French Vanilla Cappuccino that is really good.

The Capella Cappuccino is really nice! Not a real strong coffee flavor, but just right. Adds a nice creaminess to the juice. In that mix, you get more of the other ingredients with the undertones of the cappuccino. It's becoming my all day vape! (close second to the chocolate strawberry :drool: )

What Percentage do you use for the Cappuccino? Would love to make some of this up.

Satiated

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chicago
Well I'm in love with DIY ejuice. It's been about a week now so I gave my Banana Custard a try and wow. It is so much better than the one I just bought at a local B&B that comes from China. Capella I'm loving you right now and I haven't even added the EM yet or Nic yet.

Question does the Nic need to seep awhile after I add it and does it change the flavor if it is a Nic from Wizard lab?

Thank too all who posted recipes.

Last edited:

HoneyGram57

Mar 31, 2014
Kentucky
I'm sorry if this is posted inappropriately, hopefully you can move the post if this it the case.
I'm trying to make a sweet Orange Gingerbread vape in honor of a delicious cookie I had this week. I started out with TPA's Gingerbread, yuk; way to strong at any percentage. Looking for the best gingerbread flavoring is how I found my way to this corner of the forum; so now I have my gingerbread & it's good...can someone recommend an orange flavoring that will held me achieve a mild orange jest flavor without tasting like medicine? I was looking at Capella's Orange Marmalade but can't find a review of it; or the Orange Creme.
If I get this recipe nailed down I'll post it, especially if it's as good as that cookie was!

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
Some are, some are not. Depends on your taste.
Capella flavors I keep in stock are sweet strawberry, sugar cookie, french vanilla, gingerbread, vanilla cupcake, peanut butter, ny cheesecake, among others. Many go for the custards, but custard isn't really my thing personally. They are pretty forgiving flavors percentage wise. Worth ordering.

Ryan Lee

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Kansas
www.youtube.com
StrawNilla Custard

9% Vanilla Custard v2
5% Sweet Strawberry

Add a bit of Capella's Super Sweet, or Sweet Cream if you want it to be sweeter.

DickerSnoodle

8% Sugar Cookie
5% Cinnamon Danish Swirl
2% Vanilla Custard
2% Graham Cracker

I mix jugs of this stuff, and my buddies buy it all off of me before I even get to refill my tank! Capella's Sweet Strawberry and Vanilla Custard v2 are a staple for me. I always have 4oz bottles on hand. I generally vape on drippers around 0.3 ohms, and tend to stick around 20/80 pg/vg ratio at 5mg nicotine. I buy most of my stuff from Bull City Vapor, and get my nicotine from Wizard Labs.

Also just to note. I just got an order from OneOnOne, which is fairly new. They have a good variety of flavorings. I ordered the cereal sampler pack. Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Captain Crunch, Rice Krispy, Marshmallow "Lucky Charms", Apple Jacks, and Fruity Hoops. I also got some of their Milk Cream, which they recommended to mix with their cereal flavorings to make them more authentic. So far I have mixed Apple Jacks and Lucky Charms with the Milk Cream, and they are wonderful vapes.

Note, if you do try OneOnOne cereal flavorings, start VERY low. These are SUPER concentrated, which I like as they will last much longer. I usually start at 2%, anything over 5% and it is to in your face!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread