Status
Not open for further replies.

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
Well mixed them all up tonight and now they sit for 3 days. Will update this thread when I get a chance to vape them. I tell you what though this stuff smells so gooooood. The gumball definitely smells like bazooka joe lol. I also got my small bottle of ezsweetner ( sucralose ) and added it to my Apple Pie and Fudge Brownie and you can def taste a huge lift in sweetness for sure. I think I will be using this stuff a lot and now may pick up some Malic acid powder for the fruity flavors.

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
Bazooka Joe! Yess...

Hopefully it keeps it flavor a little longer than the Joe. :) I remember it being gone in like 3 chews.

Right? I think thats the point though lol. Why would they make like a zillion little packages? Damn you bazooka joe I never got my ring either !!!

chrismp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Australia
Just ordered -

Dutch Chocolate Mint
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
French Toast
Raspberry
Sweet Strawberry

Hopefully they are all decent :) Haven't heard anyone talk about Dutch Chocolate Mint yet...

Also grabbed some EZ-Sweetz sweetener...anyone used this brand before?

Hrm just checked ingredients-

Filter Water, Sucralose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Succinic Acid, and Citric Acid

Don't like the sound of the potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate...hopefully it doesn't cause problems with atty clogging. Apparently it's super concentrated 1 drop - 2 teaspoons of sugar, so should be alright.

Found a free sample for you Americans - EZ-Sweetz® Free Sample

Although you have to pay $3 shipping....

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
Just ordered -

Dutch Chocolate Mint
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
French Toast
Raspberry
Sweet Strawberry

Hopefully they are all decent :) Haven't heard anyone talk about Dutch Chocolate Mint yet...

Also grabbed some EZ-Sweetz sweetener...anyone used this brand before?

Hrm just checked ingredients-

Filter Water, Sucralose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Succinic Acid, and Citric Acid

Don't like the sound of the potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate...hopefully it doesn't cause problems with atty clogging. Apparently it's super concentrated 1 drop - 2 teaspoons of sugar, so should be alright.

Found a free sample for you Americans - EZ-Sweetz® Free Sample

Although you have to pay $3 shipping....

It comes in the smallest bottle ever haha. I just used the ez sweetner with my Apple Pie and Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I think it really helps them out cause alone those flavors arent overly sweet enough I think. I wouldnt put more than a drop in 10-20 mil. Its very concentrated for sure.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
The Dutch Chocolate Mint is one of my regular flavors that I vape daily. Sometimes I add a little Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Marshmallow and of course EM... I really like it

Capella doesn't sweeten any of their flavorings so many benefit from sweetener although many are very sweet on their own. Still I always add a good amount of EM.

I had been using Stevia to sweeten my mixes but the last few I've made I used EZ-Sweetz and I like it. It is very strong and like ToweKnee said, one drop is plenty. In the small quantity we use I wouldn't be too concerned about the ingredients, I doubt they're measurable.

chrismp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Australia
Thanks for the info guys :)

Probably a two week wait until my new Capella stuff arrives...so plenty of time to look forward to it.

Here's a quick e-mail I got from the owner of a very popular e-juice company. Was from over a year ago so excuse the noobness (lol sweetening with PG)

Don't mess with water and PG as an attempt to sweeten. Ethyl Maltol, while
in the sugar family, doesn't lend a sweetness on the palette, but rather it
mostly lends a spun/burnt sugar FLAVOR, without being sweet on the palette.
So, this would be inadequate for sweetening. You CAN however, go to your
local mart and purchase (in liquid form) either sucralose or Stevia I've
heard is great for liquids. Just be sure and use a separate mixing bottle
and add the sweetener in moderation. This way, if you under or over
sweeten, you don't ruin a LOT of your liquids trying to find your "sweet
spot".

Probably stuff most of you guys already know. That's not to say Ethyl Maltol isn't useful! I've always got the stuff on hand :)

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Thanks for the info guys :)

Probably a two week wait until my new Capella stuff arrives...so plenty of time to look forward to it.

Here's a quick e-mail I got from the owner of a very popular e-juice company. Was from over a year ago so excuse the noobness (lol sweetening with PG)

Probably stuff most of you guys already know. That's not to say Ethyl Maltol isn't useful! I've always got the stuff on hand :)

That may be true but I hate stevia its got a bitter aftertaste not sweet to me and I have tried several brands. As for the sucaralose aka Splenda I don't do phoney sugar as it gave me migraines. I am experimenting with creating xylitol liquid sweetener of my own right now as we always have that on hand as well as maltitol in crystal form as my husband is diabetic and he gets side effects from sucralose- wild mood swings, headaches, overeating-- so we resorted to the sugar alcohol's family- xylitol and maltitol. Neither has the horrid aftertaste of Splenda but you have to go easy on them.

chrismp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Australia
Does sucralose have a horrid after-taste? I'm not really sure...never been interested in it for food/drink related stuff. Pretty sure I've had it in my coffee before, I remember it being not as good as sugar, but not horrible.

I definitely don't get a horrid aftertaste with sucralose in e-juice...it just does what it's meant to do IME; sweeten.

My mother claims to get headaches from MSG but I've done experiments on her several times, when I tell her the food contains MSG she'll complain of a headache, even if it doesn't. Othertimes I've added heaps of MSG and she's fine...(so long as I don't tell her) Not saying it's the same thing! Just saying be careful about trusting yourself, our minds can play funny tricks. (then again if we can't trust ourselves, who can we trust? My answer would be -science...but that's let us down in the past a few times I guess)

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Does sucralose have a horrid after-taste? I'm not really sure...never been interested in it for food/drink related stuff. Pretty sure I've had it in my coffee before, I remember it being not as good as sugar, but not horrible.

I definitely don't get a horrid aftertaste with sucralose in e-juice...it just does what it's meant to do IME; sweeten.

My mother claims to get headaches from MSG but I've done experiments on her several times, when I tell her the food contains MSG she'll complain of a headache, even if it doesn't. Othertimes I've added heaps of MSG and she's fine...(so long as I don't tell her) Not saying it's the same thing! Just saying be careful about trusting yourself, our minds can play funny tricks. (then again if we can't trust ourselves, who can we trust? My answer would be -science...but that's let us down in the past a few times I guess)

I dont get any bad aftertaste with sucralose . Stevia i do (tastes like chewed up tylenol . Sucrolose just add sweetness like that of pure sugar . It will be like sucking on sugar cubes if you add too much though so 1 drop per 5-10ml is plenty

ALso i agree EM does not add sweetness to the palette .If you taste it by itself theres no sweetness however in ejuice it gives a sweetening effect .

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There

Look up side effects for sucralose. Some people have no troubles with it and others do. If you've ever had a diet soda you know what it tastes like. I understand what you mean and why you are sharing this info but some people don't tolerate sucralose well and that was my only point. Its not in a person's head-- they either like it or they don't. Have side effects or don't.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Look up side effects for sucralose. Some people have no troubles with it and others do. If you've ever had a diet soda you know what it tastes like. I understand what you mean and why you are sharing this info but some people don't tolerate sucralose well and that was my only point. Its not in a person's head-- they either like it or they don't. Have side effects or don't.

I like sucrolose but HAAATTTTTEEEEEEE diet soda . Not even close to the same taste imo . Diet soda is more like Stevia's aftertaste . Sucrolose just tastes like a sugar cube .I dont think its the sucralose in diet soda that gives it that horrid taste .

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I like sucrolose but HAAATTTTTEEEEEEE diet soda . Not even close to the same taste imo . Diet soda is more like Stevia's aftertaste . Sucrolose just tastes like a sugar cube .I dont think its the sucralose in diet soda that gives it that horrid taste .

OK you may be right the soda is a bad example as that has aspartame I believe. Either way, I'd rather not have this argument-- I was just defending EM. If you don't need something super sweet it works just fine.

chrismp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Australia
some people don't tolerate sucralose well and that was my only point. Its not in a person's head-- they either like it or they don't. Have side effects or don't.

Good point :)

EM kicksarse ....... definitely adds sugary goodness. Tastes good = is good.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
OK you may be right the soda is a bad example as that has aspartame I believe. Either way, I'd rather not have this argument-- I was just defending EM. If you don't need something super sweet it works just fine.

No your right though and that some people cant tolerate artificial sugars .My mom is that way . Em will sweeten your juice up and give it body even though EMs not really sweet on the tongue .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread