Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
LOL I've said similar things many times but always seemed to get shot down by TFA fans. Seabrook and others know that we tried to tell people. :facepalm: The enthusiasm of new DIYers is great but it sometimes overpowers the knowledge veteran DIYers try to convey. I can't count how many times me and others have posted that Capella is the best out there. Oh well, now you know and you can keep the future newbies straight. LOL You're lucky str8 is so outgoing and enthusiastic or it may have taken longer. ;)

exactly . I every time i mention Capellas i get shot down by TPA Fans .I guess because TPA has the most vendors selling it and more flavors as well as smaller bottle options . Capellas is really not expensive at all ,your getting a 13ml bottle . A lot of newbs dont realize that flavoring doesnt last very longs . A 4ml bottle of flavoring if used alone will only make a couple 30ml botlles of juice .

I like to really stress that Capellas is great because i feel that highly about there flavorings so people know to give them a try . They are far superior to the rest . I dont think tpas bad but just not the same as capellas . Tpas are more blan that capella which is good in its way but making a super tasty juice with just TPA is hard . Thats why i call TPA the "Tweakers" or "SPices" . They are great to alter the Capellas Base . Capellas is the meat and TPA the seasoning . You need both but you can eat seasoning with the meat .

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
I have so much to toss out..From now on I'm sticking to Capella for desserts and Flavourart for my tobaccos...:)

Are the FA tobacco's good?Ive tried TPA and only the TA I like.The others are too perfumey which has made me waste money and nic base.I only mix in 10ml batches but 10ml wasted is 10ml wasted.I do like Totally Wicked Cuban Supreme.Have you tried FA Cuban?

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Just can not wait for my stuff to arrive. Str8v8ping and all others what % are you using on your flavorings?

I got my first Capella's flavors recently and mixed up test batches of them all at 12%. They all turned out to be really good. I may eventually find that some need less and other need more, but to me 12 seemed to work well for now. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I got my first Capella's flavors recently and mixed up test batches of them all at 12%. They all turned out to be really good. I may eventually find that some need less and other need more, but to me 12 seemed to work well for now. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

I find thats another great thing about capellas is that they dont vary much . Usually 10-15% on most flavors .

On Fa i hear Black fire and Royal are decent tobaccos

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Are the FA tobacco's good?Ive tried TPA and only the TA I like.The others are too perfumey which has made me waste money and nic base.I only mix in 10ml batches but 10ml wasted is 10ml wasted.I do like Totally Wicked Cuban Supreme.Have you tried FA Cuban?
Yes chopper the FA Tobaccos are the best you can find. If you are looking in a tobacco vape. What I do is blend them. Because each flavor has a dominant note. Latakia for instance gives you a ashy smoky taste, where Dark Vapure gives you a metallic taste. Perique Black tastes dry. The Cuban is good but has to be tweaked also.. This is why they call it Flavourart.. We are the Artists... Black Fire is a great flavor on its own.. That is one of my all day vapes... As for perfume taste.. FA is not at all perfumey in the tobacco dept. Keep in mind though they are very strong. I don't go past 3% on these concentrations...

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
The link below supports what Jimi just said. They do not have black fire or latakia listed but the rest seem to be well represented. I have recently been working on a FA black fire/TE (tobacco extract) blend that seems like a pretty decent start. I'm still tweaking it but looks very promising.

Flavourart tobacco sensorial chart

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
The link below supports what Jimi just said. They do not have black fire or latakia listed but the rest seem to be well represented. I have recently been working on a FA black fire/TE (tobacco extract) blend that seems like a pretty decent start. I'm still tweaking it but looks very promising.

Flavourart tobacco sensorial chart
Try this.. Black Fire 2% and TE 1%....

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Just got 18 flavors from Capellas! Guess who will be mixing this afternoon!

Enjoy, but first do yourself a favor (if you haven't already)....open each bottle individually and smell them. They actually smell GOOD! Imagine that lol! Be sure and let us know how it goes.

My Boston Terrier is a nut, and has to check out (smell) every package that comes in the house. He joined me in testing the smells of the Capellas' flavors and actually tried to lick the bottle of a couple of them. Again, they're THAT GOOD! ;)

ckgjt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Ga
Because of the raves on this thread, I just made my first purchase with Capellas! YAY. Can't wait to try the vanilla custard. I have been making my own juice for about 8 months. I started out ordering a bunch of flavors from FlavorArt and recently found a cake shop where I can get a few LorAnns flavors. I have only been making single flavor juices b/c its easier. I have a simple recipe I use and it seems to work OK. I have never used vape wizard or magic mask. Do those really make a huge difference?

I thought FlavorArt was the bomb but after reading the wonderful opinions of Capellas, I just had to try them. Especially for the vanilla custard.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
You know how sometimes you get a little juice on the tip aftertopping off and don't realize it until you vape? Or that first hit when you've filled or slightly overfilled a carto leaves a bit of juice in your mouth?? I've always hated that and did my best to spit it out. Earlier today I mixed a 20 ml bottle of Capellas' cranberry (15 drops or so) and 10 drops tpa champagne with 5 drops of DiscountVapor's apple and actually licked my lips to taste the juice! I could almost drink this stuff! The cranberry on its' own was fantastic, I just had to experiment a bit since I seem to be on a roll ;)

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I did not really need to read this tread.
Just ordered,
1. Apple Pie
2. Caramel
3. Double Chocolate
4. Boston Cream Pie
5. Vanilla Cupcake
6. Vanilla Custard

Now I just have to get to the mail box before the wife.
LOL.. I have my vape stuff shipped to my work address.. Then I stuff them in my big cargo shorts pockets..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread