Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Hi there, please indulge me, what is tpa fa and fw? Thank you!

I like to vape while I tinker, not tinker in order to vape.

You should read the stickies here in the DIY section . It explains all of that . TPA = ThePerfumersApprentice AKA TheFlavorapprentice(TFA) . FA=Flavorart . FW=Flavorwest

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I m just getting into DIY. Been vaping for a month or so.
I am sold on Capella from this thread. The question is, what flavors would you recommend?
If I were to get 30 of them (5 of the on sale sample packs) what flavors should I get for certain?
Feel free to just list them for times sake, if u don't want to comment that's fine! Just seems like time is of the essence, pun intended, with that year end sale, lol!

Thank u very much for your expertise!

I like to vape while I tinker, not tinker in order to vape.

Well I've only actually TRIED 6 of them (have another 12 on order) BUT....it really depends on the flavors you like in general! I will say vanilla custard though should definitely be purchased as it's a great standalone and would be used in a LOT of mixes. Think about the flavors that you enjoy personallly then choose them :) It wouldn't pay to get strawberry for example if you hated strawberries...ok...bad example, WHO in the world hates STRAWBERRIES???!!! You get my drift though.
I love peanut butter, but not in combo with a lot, so since I already have a peanut butter that I'm satisfied with, I didn't buy that, but if you looooove it, you should get it.

Get vanilla custard then start with your favorite flavors and go from there. You can always pick up a bottle or two later to add to your collection. There sizes are decent and even at $5.95 a pop it's a pretty good deal! (why oh WHY aren't vendors buying this WHOLESALE????!!!!)

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I got my flavors in from Capella yesterday. The first one I opened up was peanut butter and it smelled divine. So divine in fact that I tasted a drop. BIG mistake. It was like battery acid on my tongue, so I guess they're fairly potent. Mixed up a peanut butter/chocolate fudge brownie at 20%. Wasn't good and I ended up dumping it. Then mixed up a chocolate coconut almond at 10% and it was a little better, but just didn't wow me. Definitely improved a bit with sweetener added. I'm going to have to play around with them to see what kind of percentages work best with them.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I got my flavors in from Capella yesterday. The first one I opened up was peanut butter and it smelled divine. So divine in fact that I tasted a drop. BIG mistake. It was like battery acid on my tongue, so I guess they're fairly potent. Mixed up a peanut butter/chocolate fudge brownie at 20%. Wasn't good and I ended up dumping it. Then mixed up a chocolate coconut almond at 10% and it was a little better, but just didn't wow me. Definitely improved a bit with sweetener added. I'm going to have to play around with them to see what kind of percentages work best with them.

So far I've found 5-10% is plenty, but I don't like real strong flavors.
Chocolate has me so scared because of my history w/other companys' chocolates that I did the same with the choc. brownie. Battery acid describes the effect quite well! lol! I've put my fingertip on top of the bottle and sampled a few others though (not a full drop, just a tad) and not gotten that at all..

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Am I a bad person because I laugh, out loud, over the thought of people putting drops of flavoring in their mouth?

Reminds me of the poster who vaped straight flavorings and posted a neg. review of them. (Poster did figure out that there was a difference between flavorings and juice a bit after that post.)

Here's one that works great with Capella's. Take a plain vanilla ice cream and add 6-11 drops of Capella's Coconut flavoring and mush the bowl up and eat. If you like PF Chang's coconut ice cream, it will bring back memories of that stuff. (Coconut is my all time favorite Capella flavoring and I try to find other uses for it too.)

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Am I a bad person because I laugh, out loud, over the thought of people putting drops of flavoring in their mouth?

Reminds me of the poster who vaped straight flavorings and posted a neg. review of them. (Poster did figure out that there was a difference between flavorings and juice a bit after that post.)

Here's one that works great with Capella's. Take a plain vanilla ice cream and add 6-11 drops of Capella's Coconut flavoring and mush the bowl up and eat. If you like PF Chang's coconut ice cream, it will bring back memories of that stuff. (Coconut is my all time favorite Capella flavoring and I try to find other uses for it too.)

Oh yes...bad you ARE! :)
That's why not a drop, just enough to moisten the very tip of my finger. Honestly, if I'd tasted one more chocolate mix that was reminiscent of chocolate flavored perfume on the way back up, I might have to give up vaping altogether, hence I gladly paid the battery acid price ;)

I wish I liked coconut, however it's one of those once a year flavors for me. I get a craving for it, eat an almond joy and I'm done for another year.
Ya, I'm weird like that.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
PB from capellas is my second fav flavor out of the 100+ flavors i have .It is exact to real creamy PB . Capellas chocolates taste PERFECT ,just like a candy bar . Nothing even similar to nasty loranns,fa or tpa chocolates (well TPA double choco is ok) . Capellas chocolates and PB for that matter are rich and creamy and have zero perfume or alcohol taste . Just like hoosier said about the guy vaping flavoring . It doesnt make a good review if they are used or mixed wrong .Your not going to actually tell anything from putting any amount of flavoring in your mouth .These flavorings are like 100x stronger than a regular extract and too much flavor = Bad/no flavor

Last edited:

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
.......Your not going to actually tell anything from putting any amount of flavoring in your mouth .These flavorings are like 100x stronger than a regular extract and too much flavor = Bad/no flavor

Sorry, but I disagree! It told me EXACTLY what I needed to know! Though it gave me no indication (of course!) of the full extent/depth of flavor, it spoke volumes in that there was not a trace of a perfume!

One of the things that so impresses me with this company overall, is that when you open a bottle it actually smells like the name on the bottle. I've rarely found that in any other line (though my scope is limited with it, I'm having a fair amount of luck with FW as well, another rarely mentioned line). Smell goes a long with taste, especially I think when you're looking for flavor in something you're inhaling :2c:

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
I just tried 5 drops of the Cinnamon Danish Swirl in a 8 once cup of coffee as their site suggest and WOW does it taste great.I'm not even a coffee drinker.I mixed in a little Caramel creamer with it and got a big WOW.If my wife tries this I can say goodbye to my Capella's as she is the coffee drinker in the house.I can't wait until we get more snow and can make some Capella's snow cones for my daughter.Has to be way betetter then the Vanilla extract that most use.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I just tried 5 drops of the Cinnamon Danish Swirl in a 8 once cup of coffee as their site suggest and WOW does it taste great.I'm not even a coffee drinker.I mixed in a little Caramel creamer with it and got a big WOW.If my wife tries this I can say goodbye to my Capella's as she is the coffee drinker in the house.I can't wait until we get more snow and can make some Capella's snow cones for my daughter.Has to be way betetter then the Vanilla extract that most use.

Now this is a person I can like! I didn't even think of snow cones!

Now, I just need snow....

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Now this is a person I can like! I didn't even think of snow cones!

Now, I just need snow....

Well thank you LOL,every year we like to make snow cones with fresh fallen snow.So far we have only used vanilla and a few other store bought extracts.Now since Ive tried the Capella's,I think they will make some very interesting snow cone combo's.After all its the spending time with your family doing these little crazy experiments that means the most.

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
i am in the same boat my friend...always a deal when your broke as .... and when you have money, you cant find the what you are looking for without paying through the nose for it..lol

I know but my fixed budget won't allow at this time and I will miss one heck of a deal.It figures every time there is a great deal I have to pass up on it.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Well thank you LOL,every year we like to make snow cones with fresh fallen snow.So far we have only used vanilla and a few other store bought extracts.Now since Ive tried the Capella's,I think they will make some very interesting snow cone combo's.After all its the spending time with your family doing these little crazy experiments that means the most.

Actually my wife, we've been married for less than 4 months, is from New Orleans and she has been going on and on about looking forward to snow so she can have a snow cone flavored with condensed milk. Now the canned milk product doesn't sound appealing to me, but the Capella's angle will allow us to enjoy snow the same way when it does come to the just-north-of-central Indiana. (Apparently one could buy the shaved ice flavored with condensed milk in NO when she was a girl there.)

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
My daughter has left the following (for safe keeping of course) at my house…

m_machine.jpg

Y'all are giving me some wonderful ideas

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Actually my wife, we've been married for less than 4 months, is from New Orleans and she has been going on and on about looking forward to snow so she can have a snow cone flavored with condensed milk. Now the canned milk product doesn't sound appealing to me, but the Capella's angle will allow us to enjoy snow the same way when it does come to the just-north-of-central Indiana. (Apparently one could buy the shaved ice flavored with condensed milk in NO when she was a girl there.)

We use condensed milk as well.Believe it or not to me it adds a creaminess to the snow cones.That's the way as a child it was made so keeping on with tradition its the way I showed my kids.So I hope they will pass it to their kids but with a Capella's twist to it lol.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Condensed milk on snow cones, couple memories come to mind. Strawberries with c. milk, peaches with c. milk, oatmeal with c. milk. Long ago that is what Grandma gave us. Don't forget sausage gravy, but I don't think we want to vape that.

So, add some strawberry or peach flavor Capella to you c. milk snow cone, and then I can add some Capella to oatmeal to see if I will ever eat it again. It just might make it taste good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread