Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
www.rockymountainvapor.com
I have done this mod with a cart, and it does make a noticeable difference. I have had a odd flavor since doing it thou. I used a small coffee straw, and since doing it i have this really sweet taste in my hit. I'm using mocha so i wonder if this method just gives me better tasting hits or if there is something on the straw getting vaped in. Looking at the straw i notice no melting or burning. I'm a bit confused. I like the hits much more then normal but im scared im inhaling some other chem

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
OMG!

I just modified my 510 cart with a coffee stirrer. I've used poly fiberfil (greenbag/walmart) for several weeks now, and I am pretty efficient at building carts. Not too much - not too little, yada yada yada.

So I take a coffee stirrer (really has two small chambers but allow ample air and they are FLAT on one side). I cut it down to where it is apx. 1.2 milimeters from the lip, angle the bottom cut and set it aside.

Then I make a regular insert with the poly, but leave off a bit to allow for the tiny straw. I insert it...then pull it out apx. 2 milimeters and cut it off with scissors. I work it back in so it is just below the lip (as always), then I take my little straw and using the paperclip work it down along the sidewall. The little straw, btw, is maybe a 1/2 inch to 5/8s long? Pretty small, but perfect fit.

Then I dripped 20 drips EFFORTLESSLY on the poly side, not the straw, into the cart! It would have held more, but I was totally blown away at how it absorbed perfectly.

Then the test. I am using e-smokeytreats vanilla and first of all, the flavor is now perfect. I can't believe how good it tastes. BUT the DRAW is totally AWESOME! Light, smooth, and big vapor that doesn't let up!

I've turbo-charged my 510! This is an awesome, easy to do mod-idea that will blow you away.

Thank you, opusMorian!! You da man!

KreeL

Last edited:

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
Mebbe you should have rinsed the coffee stirrer before using it to vape!! :lol:

I have done this mod with a cart, and it does make a noticeable difference. I have had a odd flavor since doing it thou. I used a small coffee straw, and since doing it i have this really sweet taste in my hit. I'm using mocha so i wonder if this method just gives me better tasting hits or if there is something on the straw getting vaped in. Looking at the straw i notice no melting or burning. I'm a bit confused. I like the hits much more then normal but im scared im inhaling some other chem

dibbyb

Apr 14, 2009
Syracuse, NY
This thread seemed interesting. I have a ePipe 601. From the beginning, two of the carts didn't seem to flow well. So I took one of them and put a straw in it. Not a straw actually, could not find one. So I sacrificed one of the many cheap pens that no longer write that are strewn throughout the house. I cut off the end of the plastic tube the ink is in at about the length of the large cartridge that goes in the 601. I pulled out the poly stuffing, put the tube in and trimmed it so it was about 2 mm below the lip. Then I carefully stuffed the tube and poly back in. Filled the cart (which was already a bit wet with juice) with two eyedroppers full of Johnson Creek Peach 24mg. Thats about 50 drops.
First thing I noticed was the draw was much easier. Then I noticed that EVERY draw was producing great clouds of vapor and nice hits. Before I would have to huff a quick two, three times then draw hard to get a decent hit. And the flavor is great, the peach flavor was heavier before the mod, now I can tell there's some tobacco flavoring in there too.
I think I'm gonna put my super mini Smoking Everywhere cig on the shelf for a while.
Get a 601, you won't be sorry. It holds enough smoke juice and battery juice (thanks to the 900mah battery) to last a weekend. No messy paraphernalia kit to shlep around. And in public places nobody seems to mind a person with a pipe in his mouth as long as the smoke is pleasant, and what can be pleasanter than vape smoke. I haven't tried it but I'll bet you could walk right thru an airport and onto a plane with one without getting a second look, just throw it in the plastic bin with your keys and wallet, no x-rays. The only minus I have seen with the pipe is the mouth piece, its made of some kind of super plastic. I've been chewing on it for a couple weeks now and it looks like it just came out of the box, no teeth marks. If anybody finds a real pipe mouthpiece that can be modified to fit the 601 let me know.
Pipes make you look cool and sophisticated, like you have it under control. Cigarettes make you look ... :(
Thanks for greatly improving my e-smoking experience.
:hubba:

opusMorian

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Houston, TX
you don't get any excess liquid in the little resevoir at the bottom? (I believe you said to shorten the filling...for air space)

the Excess liquid is gravity feed back into the sponge material when you smoke. I experimented this by smoking until I taste a burn taste and pull the filler material out of the cart. It was empty.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
OMG... seriously... what a great, cheap mod (and we all know that we need as much cheap as possible... juice run anyone??). I forgot all about this, and the link was posted in another thread today.

BTW, if you have the cheap Q-Tips around they may be constructed of a perfect size hollow plastic straw. That is what I used today (I got this kind from a dollar store to use for craft projects, now they're all snipped up and sitting in my kit!!).

Is this better than punching an air flow hole in a cart? Haven't been brave enough to do that to my penstyle carts yet.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
OMG... seriously... what a great, cheap mod (and we all know that we need as much cheap as possible... juice run anyone??). I forgot all about this, and the link was posted in another thread today.

BTW, if you have the cheap Q-Tips around they may be constructed of a perfect size hollow plastic straw. That is what I used today (I got this kind from a dollar store to use for craft projects, now they're all snipped up and sitting in my kit!!).

Is this better than punching an air flow hole in a cart? Haven't been brave enough to do that to my penstyle carts yet.

Yeah, I was in the store the other day trying to check out which q-tips have the hollow plastic and which ones had paper...It's hard to tell through the packaging! :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread