Cart Mod for better refilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zitan17

Jun 17, 2009
Very cool!

Make sure your straw doesn't get near your atomizer. That would not taste good. 8-o A metal straw might be a better idea. No worries about it melting.

This is the same reason people use syringes. Seems like this would be better than carrying needles around though.

so i just happened to have a piercing needles sitting on my desk, worked like a charm! and no worries about burning plastic, but it was a pain to cut

TheUltimateG

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Colorado
The straw melting was one of my concerns, but so far, with the liquid constantly being provided to the atomizer, I did not taste anything burnt. I was thinking about cutting a syringe, but not sure where I can get one at the time. I will be interested in seeing what else people can come up with as a straw that we can all use.

Try a needle for basketball pump

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com

FL0OD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Instead of the shrink tube why not just clean up an old WD-40 red spray extender?? That should tolerate any heat much better and not really melt in any noticeable way.

well I tried it. I took the stem off the WD40. I thought to myself well if this does not work and I can not get this stem clean it may be the first ever WD40 flavored e-liquid. I washed the stem with soap and water. Then I brought a cup of water to almost a boil and let it soak for about 30-45 minutes. I then rinsed the tube out with water again. I cut it, like in the first post, and it works wonderfully. I am vapping out of a 901 and my carts are not all that big. I tried with a coffee straw prior and did not have any burning issues but it still seemed to take up to much room. This is just right. I can get about 7-10 drops in the cart now and its flavorful and vaporful. Just thought I would share. BTW thanks for the suggestion.

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
Big thanks to OP.

I tried this mod with a Q-tip and it worked great in my 901 carts - but not with the original filler.

I tried it with the original filler and it didnt seem to make much difference. So I used Fluval to replace original cart filling and I am now able to top off up to 8 drips (previously I was only able to top off 4). So in essence I am able to vape twice as long now :)

Cheers.

Kula.

lkjetjoc

May 11, 2009
IOWA, USA
Thanks for the great tip! I've modified all my 901 carts now with the coffee stirrer and it's made all the difference. One thing I noticed is the difference in my 901 cart from the one used in the mod illustration (photo). My 901 cart has 2 flat sides, yours has only 1. Just design changes or are there different 901s? Seems the one flat sided model would be better. Definitely a bit more room.

iduditz

Jul 6, 2009
I used a coffee stirrer from circle K in my 510 cart and found that it was a little too large .. first i tried cutting some of the filler from the side otherwise it is like a squeezed sponge that will not hold liquid. Next i used scissors to cut off the extra mini straw from the stirrer (it has 2 hollows in the coffee stirrer). Not it is quite small and works much much better

CheeMiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BTW, if you have the cheap Q-Tips around they may be constructed of a perfect size hollow plastic straw. That is what I used today (I got this kind from a dollar store to use for craft projects, now they're all snipped up and sitting in my kit!!).

Now you're cooking with gas! :lol: Love this idea.....I have plenty of those laying around. Thanks for the great improv. Love it, just love it. Will try it now.

Results:
Yep, the $$$ store Q-tips are made with plastic tubing, just like you said. I managed to get 3 out of one tube for my M401 - 3 winged tiny cart. A bit of a work out getting the straw in there tho. Yes to getting more drops into this tiny baby. lololol and another yes to more vaping output.

EUREEEEEKA!!! You've stuck gold. I agree that with the other poster....you really should patent this idea. Much easier to buy them with a built in straw in the carts.
Hurry up before someone steals your idea.

Why not get in touch with Ted who created the Zi Moshi....he's in the process of hooking up with someone who is going to manufacture his new e-cig gadget. Maybe they can start implementing your idea into their carts before they hit the market.

Good luck to you and thank you so much for such an innovative idea to make my M401 less of a pain in the a****s. lolololol

Last edited:

sethinphx

Jun 28, 2009
Been vaping since Wed. of last week, loving it overall...but of course had plenty of newbie issues.

Finally got on here yesterday and studied for a couple hours, obviously there's a wealth of info here and thanks to everyone for their input!

Right away I tried the tube idea for allowing air out and more juice in the cart, used q-tip tubes and it works great! I have a 402, so small carts and this helps a lot.

I am wondering though if anyone else has noticed a slight plastic smell/flavor with the tubes in there? Could just be in my head, but is it possible they might be burning a little? Course my first thought is to just pop in the tube to refill, then remove it and use it on the next cart. Would still do the trick, but doesn't need to be in there all the time.

Any thoughts on this?

SethinPhx

CheeMiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Course my first thought is to just pop in the tube to refill, then remove it and use it on the next cart. Would still do the trick, but doesn't need to be in there all the time.
Any thoughts on this?SethinPhx

I was thinking the same thing? Well, no sense in just thinking about it, I am going to remove one of them right now and see how it goes. If all goes well, then there is no point in cutting down the tube to fit inside....we can then leave it longer & just pull it out after refill & reuse it again & again. Good point, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread