Cartimizer bad taste, blank freshly filled, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
My first comment would be that I definitely prefer kr808d regular or premium cartos to the 510 cartos, however I have and use both. The 510 holds a bit more juice, but also burns it quicker and hotter, much like the atomizers do.

My routine for setting up a new blank carto is to:
1) Pop the mouth cap so you can see what you're doing.(condom filling and such I just found way too messy). Verify that you can see clearly through the tube in the center of the carto. Also make sure it's fairly well lined up in the center too. Sometimes the manufacturing is a bit off.
2) Put the bottom rubber cap with it's plug on the carto.
3) Hold your carto at an angle and drip drops along the side of the barrel, careful not to get into center hole. Turn the carto as you go. Don't overfill and keep track of your drops.
4) Once you can see the juice wetting, but not flooding the wadding inside, stop and replace the condom(no need to replace cap yet). Then vigorously snap shake the carto like you would a thermometer.
5) Remove condom and then add more juice repeating step 4 until wadding won't hold anymore juice. Somewhere around 25-40 drops total, but go by sight more than exact count.
6) Replace cap and condom on the top of the carto and then set aside overnight, preferably standing up.
7) Next morning, take off condoms and cap and re-verify that you can still see through the center tube. If you can't, then gently blow a bit through the top and let the excess come out the connector end into a kleenex or paper towel. Don't blow everything out, just enough to clear the tube.
8) Replace cap and attach to a fresh battery.
9) Take several big drags but don't inhale yet, just blow them back out. Do this for about 3-5 minutes until you don't hear the carto popping and it seems to be settling down. You should almost be able to feel the taste change in your mouth. When you think it's safe, try taking a small drag and inhaling. If it still tastes foul then keep dragging without inhaling a few more times and try again.
10) Now pop your cap one more time and add maybe 3-6 more drops back into the carto to top it off and you should be good to go for awhile.

Most of this, you've probably read before, but the key elements are the order you do it in and what to watch for at each step. Once you've got a carto properly primed and setup, it's just a matter of topping off every hr or two and you can keep one running like this for days. But I've yet to find a carto that won't taste foul when it's new and not properly primed...especially with the 510's.

Hope that helps some!

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I am on carto #3. First 2 taste nasty. This one I will let sit for a day. Makes sense. I will say my blend is not strong on flavor. It is very mild but that is what I like about it. Do you clean these as in boiling water and alcohol soak then dry? That is the one thing I have not tried.

I am too lazy to wash out cartos. I use them until they start to taste old or get sluggish, usually 4-7 days, then I toss them and get out a new one. But that's just me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread