Carto HELP!!!! Ikenvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

islanderamy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
The Palmetto State
Ok, here's the situation. I've been using carto tanks for the last 2-3 years cuz they work and I'm lazy. Don't want to mess with a system that works for me, however, as we all know ... Cartos are becoming hard to find. I recently ordered some from Ikenvape bcuz I read a blog from someone popular on here recommended them. Seems the "fill" inside will not absorb the liquid like boges do. It just sits there not soaking in at all. I've tried condom method and let it sit for an hour and it seemed to semi work but when I went to fire it up I get NOTHING! It's on a Provari so I checked ohms and got error "OP". Tried same carto on a different Provari, same error. Put different carto tank on both Provaris, no problems. Any ideas? I'm not liking these Ikenvape cartos so far AT ALL!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Ok, here's the situation. I've been using carto tanks for the last 2-3 years cuz they work and I'm lazy. Don't want to mess with a system that works for me, however, as we all know ... Cartos are becoming hard to find. I recently ordered some from Ikenvape bcuz I read a blog from someone popular on here recommended them. Seems the "fill" inside will not absorb the liquid like boges do. It just sits there not soaking in at all. I've tried condom method and let it sit for an hour and it seemed to semi work but when I went to fire it up I get NOTHING! It's on a Provari so I checked ohms and got error "OP". Tried same carto on a different Provari, same error. Put different carto tank on both Provaris, no problems. Any ideas? I'm not liking these Ikenvape cartos so far AT ALL!

Hi islanderamy,

I know the carto love. I vaped cartos for most of my vaping life, and for the same reasons as you do.

I've not had the experience tho with the fill on the IKVs. I know that they "tweak" the filler and have done so to make definite improvements to their products. It's odd that your vliquid did not saturate after letting it sit all that time. (Are you using max VG by chance?) In fact, the last round of the IKV "K" series gave cartos that not only filled well, but held more liquid than any other I'd tried, so I'm a bit stumped. Hopefully some other IKV lovers will chime in, such as @5cardstud and @Bovinia.

As far as your Provi error goes, the "OP" means "Open" and the device does not have an atomizer/cartomizer connected, or the atty/carto (that reads open) has a reading higher than 9.9 ohms and should not be used. (paraphrased from the Provari Manual)

I'm wondering if those particular cartos are simply not making the connection in the 510 connector...

Musings, and prolly not as helpful as you'd like. Sorry.

Reactions: islanderamy

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
I've had that happen with carto's before. Sometimes, just a little extra twist will solve it. Don't twist enough to break anything, but just try to get the carto to turn another 1/8 inch or so. Other times, I've had to wiggle the center connector with a toothpick or something (if you use something metal make sure the Provari is off) to get it to rise up just a tad.

The thing is that the center pins aren't touching each other. There's probably about 1/32" between them. You just have to get them to touch.

Reactions: islanderamy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread