Cartomizer, atomizer, whatthemizer do I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacholiday Dach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am a very noob to vaping. I know I have the ego-t 900mah battery(just figured that out). Right now I have 2 clearomizers, which I assume are disposable, as they dont come apart. And one Vision v-2 clearomizer, which does come apart.
I am looking to buy some more extras, but want something different. Can someone explain what the difference is in a cartomizer and atomizer. I would hate to oder something and find I need the innards to use it. I will probably order from madvapes, as they are close to me. The guy I bought mine from of course only wants me to buy from him, so I am limited on what he will explain to me.
For instance this item has a look I like, eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer, Flat Tip is it ready to go, just add juice or do I need other parts besides the battery to use it.

Another question on my V-2 how will I know when to replace the wick.
And last, are there wickless ones, or do they all have wicks.
Told ya I was dumb. :blush:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
A cartomizer has filling material in it to absorb your juice. An atomizer does not have the filler material and is used for dripping.

You can use ego Mega DC cartomizer on your ego-t without and adapter or anything else.

You will know when it's time to change the wick when the flavor and vapor drop off or you start to get a burnt taste.

All cartomizers and atomizers have a wick of some sort I believe. It is needed to hold juice. An atomizer I believe has a tiny wick but I've heard of some people who have de-wicked their atomizers to eliminate the burnt wick taste after they been used for awhile especially if you dry burn.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
The Vision V2 clearomizer has replaceable "heads" - when you take it apart the section with the wicks unscrews from the air tube.
Here are some of the replaceable heads at Mad Vapes:
2.8 Ohm Replaceable Coils for the Vision V2 eGo Clearomizer

The Vivi Nova tanks are popular, Mad Vapes is out of stock at the moment on the Vivi Nova 'Slims' (best for eGo batteries due to size)
Smok Tech Slim ViVi Nova Tank

I've been enjoying the Kanger T3 clearomizers lately. This is a "bottom coil" design, the wick and coil are located at the bottom of the tank. These seem to give me a better tasting vape from my DIY juice than the "top coil" clearomizers (like the Vision V2). I didn't see any of these at Mad Vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread