Status
Not open for further replies.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I am not understanding the benifits of a cartomizer. Why would you want one of these? Thanks :)

There are SO many reasons. 1. You get a new atomizer with every cart. 2. They are easy to refill. 3. You don't have to constantly buy new atomizers. 4. There are a ton of flavors. 5. If you want to change flavors, you don't have to search for the newest way to clean the atomizer. 6. You don't have to run to the aquarium store or find exotic tea bags, or fiddle with straws or staples. 7. You don't have to waste time constantly refilling 8. You can buy a cheap adapter and use it on an EGO

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
Thanks so much everyone that clears things up for me :) How about cost efficient ? I am coming into an adapter. How much do the cartos run and what is a good place to buy them cheap?

As long as you refill them they are cost efficient.

What kind of PV do you have? Some places carry certain adapters and not others.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
Most cartos I am familiar with fit a 901 or KR808D battery / fitting. There are also many mods that use connectors that have threads fitting cartos.

I currently use standard KR808D and also Greencig (my favorite) cartomizers. I'll never go back... they give a better throat hit without question, better vapor from my personal experience (although I have seen videos that show regular atomizers billowing out plenty of vapor no problem) and I have reused many cartos that have long outlasted any atomizer I've ever had. So life is not an issue either (if youu like refilling)

Take care,
- Hap

Paul42360

Feb 9, 2010
Michigan USA
I have a 510 but only use it for dripping while at home due to the constant refilling. It is a great e-cig but has its limits.

I bought a GreenCig (NOT a Green smoke) and I think this is the perfect e-cig. Lasts a long time and I can refill a cart in less than a minute.
I did buy a vapor King a week ago but so far the GreenCig is better for taste, vapor production and overall operation.

I might add that the GreenCig just feels good in the hand, I know seems trivial but just something Ive noticed. Its light weight, about the same size as a analog and has a nice finish to it. Costs a little more than a 510 but worth it. :D

Klynn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2010
Washington
Want to thank the OP and all the replies on this thread. I've been searching for the answer to this for a long time, guess I didn't know how to put it into words. And, I hesitate to ask such a newb question, but ... I can use cartomizers with my Joye 306, right????? Thanks for any replies. I know the 510 is compatible with the 306, but it's that exposed atty that confuses me and makes me wonder.

MercyPoetic

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
I just got an 808 last night, so this has been my first 24 hours using cartos, and so far I'm reasonably impressed. I was concerned at first about refilling, but after a friend showed me how incredibly easy it was... Well, so far it's pretty awesome. Not overly impressed on throat hit, but that's not overly important to me. The flavour is good, the vapor production is decent... I'd say go for it, give it a shot :D

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
in my experience cartomizers are good for convienience and it's a sacrifice on all the other factors I find important...vapor production, throat hit, flavor....but they are convienient so I only use them for work and long road trips...
They do perform reasonably better at High Voltage...
I find them slightly more costly...even when refilling them..if not refilling them but tossing them then horribly more expensive (yet still cheaper than regular cigs)

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Most cartos I am familiar with fit a 901 or KR808D battery / fitting. There are also many mods that use connectors that have threads fitting cartos.

I currently use standard KR808D and also Greencig (my favorite) cartomizers. I'll never go back... they give a better throat hit without question, better vapor from my personal experience (although I have seen videos that show regular atomizers billowing out plenty of vapor no problem) and I have reused many cartos that have long outlasted any atomizer I've ever had. So life is not an issue either (if youu like refilling)

Take care,
- Hap

I know something must have gone wrong with my one time experiment with GreenCig carts. I got no vapor. It was impossible to draw on, and the taste was horrible. I keep hearing how great they are, but at their price I am reluctant to try again. So, I am asking what makes them so special, and why might my experiment with them have failed so dramatically? I would love to try again if I thought I would get a different result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread