Cartomizer Tank Master List

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
So you can't use these with normal 2.0 Boge cartos??

Atomicvapors.com has the ez tank available for sale. Have the square black one and use boge in it with the long drip tip, and I love, love, love it. If you get from there, make sure you use the coupon code newbuyer10 for a 10% discount. Wow, they've got it in SS, too.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Good advice! I'm a jeweler and cut down my 1.5 Buzz tank to a 1" with a diamond saw made for cutting rocks, etc. a Dremel blade would be too small to control to cut and get it straight/even. I've never heard of a tube cutter before.... probably a pretty simple tool?

That's another good idea.

jtieri, I wouldn't try to cut the poly with a Dremel. Get a tubing cutter if at all possible, or borrow one. Much cleaner cut and it will automatically be straight.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
So you can't use these with normal 2.0 Boge cartos??

Let's try this again....

The ez tank has two clear tanks..the longer one is meant for XL cartos. That being said, the long tank CAN be used with regular boge cartos, IF you use a long drip tip. OR you can use the smaller included tank for the boge. That said, I like the long tank, long drip tip combo with the 2.0 regular boge cartos. Easy-peasey to fill, and it hits better than my shorty cartomators with the boge. So there's at least two ways you can use the boge with the included tanks, depending on if you have a longer drip tip.

Hope that helps.

Also hope they get my other ez's to me in short order.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Most likely the original post is kinda old, I notice that too a couple weeks ago when I found this thread. Or maybe he had just never heard of any of Arry's tanks. They sell out and disappear so fast it's like magic. POOF! they're gone! Maybe he only lists tanks in there that you can actually buy anywhere. :)

I had JUST started thinking about tanks about a month ago and started looking at how the different ones out there were made. Almost all of them seemed inherently flawed in design, relying on o-rings to not only seal the carto but also to more or less hold the tank in place. A light bulb lit up, "Hmm, I bet people accidentally pull the tank off the carto sometimes. Wow that would be a mess", and a cursory read around on the forums confirmed it. So I thought about it and it occurred to me, what somebody needs to do is come up with a tank that the cap/caps THREAD onto the tank, but also seal them off - and some better way to attach it to the 510 connector, so that you couldn't just pull the tank off of the carto. I started searching and discovered the ACTv3. Unfortunately by then, they had already sold out everywhere. :(

Hopefully the v4 will be around for a while and the list in this post can be updated to show Arry some love for his tanks. :) Looking like we'll have ours in a week or less, eh Joe? (crossing fingers and toes)

cheers,
Nic-holio

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Enjoying the crap out of my square and hex EZ tanks. Discovered that the boge will just barely make the bottom of the top XL tank, and longer drip tips seat well enough in the top lips to not lose any airflow. Result? Really easy tank to refill, more juice for the boge, and they inexplicably seem to hit really well in this configuration.

My joy (not joye) is diminished somewhat with EZ's new SS tank...the carto still barely fits, but my long drip tips won't seat very well. I'll try to see if I can find another that'll work, but it's not looking promising; may have to wrench the long tank off and try the shorty on it. Guess we'll see.

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
can the dual coil for the jtank sold by electronicstix be used with the 3ml jtank?

Using a xl carto in a standard size tank (dual coil or ressurector):
hold the carto next to the tank and match the top of the carto with the top of the tank tube. You will see how much carto will stick out the bottom and mark the carto with a sharpie 1/4" or so above the bottom cap of the tank. Punch the carto where you marked or use a jig that will punch it in this location. This is one way to use a lava tank with the GLV...

35izzu0.jpg

10character

Madagain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
AB, Canada
Not sure if this has been added yet. It's the Phiniac Pyrex Carto Tank. Since they're made out of pyrex then they won't be damaged if someone were to use, lets say cinnamon in them. Also, they're works of art too:

Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Tanks

e1-xl-124.jpg

Hah, the top one you have pictured is the one I bought last night. Fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. Can't wait to fill it up.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I recently got a chance to examine a Lil' Mama tank up close, and I'm convinced the ends *are not* bare stainless steel. They are quite clearly plated, very similar in appearance to the cheapie Madvapes/Smoktech "stainless" tanks. Some sites call those tanks "polished aluminum", some call them "stainless steel", but they are certainly a non-magnetic, plated metal that isn't bare stainless steel, and the Lil' Mama tank is basically identical in appearance.

Does anyone who owns one care to comment? Did they change the material? I was ready to order one because I wanted stainless, but after seeing the tank ends, I'm convinced they're plated...and I don't like the idea of plated anything in contact with juice.

Stainless steel, unless highly-polished, is dull in color, and looks "bare", like the following images.

Depth Charge tank:

img_3790.jpg

Torpedo tank:

sstorpedomini.jpg

Arry ACT4:

ACTv4.jpg

Appreciate any feedback. :)

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
I own the VPX Cartomator and the M1A1 Buzz tank.... I think I prefer the VPX as it doesn't seem to alter the juice taste AS MUCH. Does anyone know of the best tank to get that won't alter/degrade the flavor of the juice while vaping? I know the voltage also plays a part... lighter fruity juices vape better at lower voltages, etc. But I've noticed that tanks DO at times alter the flavor of juices...I'd love to get a tank for my Buzz Pro that keeps the juice tasting fresh. Any suggestions? *This is one reason I love my Reo... the juice always tastes fresh (regardless if I'm vaping at 3.7 OR 6 volts)! But I love by Buzz and want to get the best tank possible for it:)

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
You got me curious, so I took some of our small strong mini magnets that we use in jewelry and my VPX SS tank is magnetic on the bottom but NOT on the top.....but they look identical in material. Why would that be? Could the top be plated and the bottom solid stainless? I'm so sick of these expensive tanks not being as good as people say they are. I have the M1A1 and have found the VPX to be MUCH sturdier and it doesn't seem to degrade the flavor of the juice as much either. But I'm still searching for that perfect tank! I'm going to go through this list and try ONE more..... any suggestions? The Arry ACT4 looks intriguing....does it have any clear areas to show you how much liquid you have left in the tank?

I recently got a chance to examine a Lil' Mama tank up close, and I'm convinced the ends *are not* bare stainless steel. They are quite clearly plated, very similar in appearance to the cheapie Madvapes/Smoktech "stainless" tanks. Some sites call those tanks "polished aluminum", some call them "stainless steel", but they are certainly a non-magnetic, plated metal that isn't bare stainless steel, and the Lil' Mama tank is basically identical in appearance.

Does anyone who owns one care to comment? Did they change the material? I was ready to order one because I wanted stainless, but after seeing the tank ends, I'm convinced they're plated...and I don't like the idea of plated anything in contact with juice.

Stainless steel, unless highly-polished, is dull in color, and looks "bare", like the following images.

Depth Charge tank:

img_3790.jpg

Torpedo tank:

sstorpedomini.jpg

Arry ACT4:

ACTv4.jpg

Appreciate any feedback. :)

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio

I have been in PM contact with Lil' Mama, one of the owners of Big Daddy Vapor. I have been assured by her that the Lil' Mama tank is in fact machined in 303 stainless steel. It seems the individual who showed me the purported Lil' Mama Tank was in fact lying, because the tank he showed me (I was able to examine it and test it with a magnet, etc.) was apparently not a genuine BDV tank.

Since my original post is too old to edit, I'm posting this in the hope that no one is misled by my previous post.

The Lil' Mama tank is in fact a stainless steel tank. I have no reason to doubt the owners of BDV's word on this matter, and the tanks and accessories sold by BDV have a good reputation on ECF and elsewhere. I was duped by an individual who claimed to have a genuine BDV tank.

My apologies to Lil' Mama and the BDV company. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread