Cartomizers/Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I got tired of dripping years ago inconvenient. I drive alot I went to cartomizer tanks now have been with coils. No difference in the wicking. Several primer puffs on each before use. I don't want to build coils. Any suggestions?
You lost me somewhere in your question. :blink:

I understood you used cartotanks, but I'm not sure what you are currently are using. Still using cartotanks? You are probably finding that cartos and cartotanks are slowly disappearing from the market. So, are you asking for suggestions for replacing your cartos and cartotanks?

I get that you aren't interested in making your own coils. So I'm thinking you should go with a clearomizer tank which uses factory-made replaceable coils. Clearomizer coils are easy to replace, and the latest generation coils are as good if not better than cartomizers.

I'll make a couple of recommendations for you. Both will give you a similar vaping experience as your old cartotanks.

Aspire Nautilus (regular or mini)

Kanger Pangu

The Nautilus uses 1.8 ohm coils, so you can use this tank on any battery device. The Pangu is a sub-ohm tank with 0.5 ohm coils, so your battery device must be able to fire sub-ohm coils.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

coolone1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Spring, TX
You lost me somewhere in your question. :blink:

I understood you used cartotanks, but I'm not sure what you are currently are using. Still using cartotanks? You are probably finding that cartos and cartotanks are slowly disappearing from the market. So, are you asking for suggestions for replacing your cartos and cartotanks?

I get that you aren't interested in making your own coils. So I'm thinking you should go with a clearomizer tank which uses factory-made replaceable coils. Clearomizer coils are easy to replace, and the latest generation coils are as good if not better than cartomizers.

I'll make a couple of recommendations for you. Both will give you a similar vaping experience as your old cartotanks.

Aspire Nautilus (regular or mini)

Kanger Pangu

The Nautilus uses 1.8 ohm coils, so you can use this tank on any battery device. The Pangu is a sub-ohm tank with 0.5 ohm coils, so your battery device must be able to fire sub-ohm coils.

Thank you for your response Baditude,
I have been using coils for quite sometime now and have been using 1.8 ohm and sub-ohm coils I just recently got a Joyetech eVIC AIO but there always seems to be a problem with wicking. I bought some cartos to resurrect some old carto tanks just to try them again same problem wicking that is why I went to coils in the first place. I always prime cartos and coils before using. it seems that I had the best results with the old bottom feeders. As new products came out I would try them. I have so many old VV's and other vape stuff I don't know what to do with them they all still work so I don't want to throw them away. It may just be me,
Thanks

penstyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2009
FL
Sometimes I have wicking issues when I take really long draws, chain vape or use high power.
But I do make my own coils, so I get in there and figure it out.

Some coils/wicking seem like they need to be broke in.
Like they dont reach their potential until after half a tank of use.
If you have not burned the cotton by that time. LOL. Then things get better.
Hope you find something that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread