Cartomizers compatible with Halo G6 batts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinxyBee

Jan 29, 2015
I'm fairly new to vaping, and have recently found out that other cartos can be compatible with the batteries I have from Halo G6. It is my understanding that these are kr808 batteries/cartos.

I've been looking around online to find better deals on cartos, than what is the case through Halo itself. The price of the cartos itself aren't THAT bad, but the shipping and handling makes it really expensive to buy from them (at least from Norway, Europe) especially if you want your items fairly fast as well. Some other companies offer much cheaper s&h throug for example DHL - which is also fast, but so far I haven't found such a company that have kr808 blank cartos as well.

So, does anyone know where I can get good but cheap kr808 cartos from a company that also have good shipping prices to Europe and at the same time fast shipping (for instance with DHL or something)? I wouldn't mind if the prices of the cartos where lower than at Halo (8,99 USD for 5 packs) and at the same time had reasonable shipping prices. At the same time I would prefer if the cartos where fairly good quality, and at least not had bad quality. If anyone knows of a company IN Europe (which would maybe automatically be cheaper and faster for shipping, I don't know) I of course wouldn't mind that either.

So far I like the Halo gear, and company and will probably keep buying batteries and gear from them, but since the shipping and handling are so expensive if I want my items fast I would love to find a better solution for my regular carto purchases at least.

I have found (throug this forum) some websites that offer good priced kr808 cartos, but which at the same time doesn't ship to Europe at all, so the site I'm buying from of course have to ship to Europe and my home country Norway. Either good shipping prices from the US or a good company in Europe.

Thank you, in advance, if someone can help me with this!

TinxyBee

Jan 29, 2015
Thank you, Lori! Apparently VaporKing does not ship to Norway, but Madvapes does. Norway didn't show up in the list of countries where they estimate shipping etc, but I contacted them and found out that they actually do anyway. So, hopefully I will come to the bottom of the whole shipping estimation/choosing country thing, and we'll see. At least the cartos themselves were cheaper there, so if I wind up trying to order from there let's hope they work well also.

I tried to look for threads on kr808 cartomizers myself too, but didn't find anything either. That's why I created my own thread instead, but maybe there aren't a lot of people on the forum that uses those, I don't know.

Anyways, thanks a lot for trying to help, and at least the one link you posted might definitely come in handy :)

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
808's are not as common as they used to be (the 808 and 901 threading is the same, both have been mostly obsoleted by the prevalence of the 510 connector, but some cigalike models like the G6 still use it). I don't recall what the difference between the D-1 and D-2 designation is. There is also an 808DM-1, which is a little wider overall, but will still thread on to a standard 808 connector if I remember right

I'm sure there are some other US vendors that will ship to you, but I know international shipping can be costly and a pain for vendors so I don't know offhand who does or doesn't. I searched around for UK suppliers and it appears to be slim pickings there, too. This one has high resistance ones in stock (LR out of stock).

Hope you can find what you're looking for :)

Lori2014

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
https://www.canvape.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1851

Hi again, Motorrazor

I've dealt with the above company (in Canada). Since I already have an account with them, they default to Canada as the destination country, so I can't check to see if they ship to Norway. However, the price is only $5.95 Cdn per 5 pack, so that is half of your requirements, at least.

TinxyBee

Jan 29, 2015
808's are not as common as they used to be (the 808 and 901 threading is the same, both have been mostly obsoleted by the prevalence of the 510 connector, but some cigalike models like the G6 still use it). I don't recall what the difference between the D-1 and D-2 designation is. There is also an 808DM-1, which is a little wider overall, but will still thread on to a standard 808 connector if I remember right

I'm sure there are some other US vendors that will ship to you, but I know international shipping can be costly and a pain for vendors so I don't know offhand who does or doesn't. I searched around for UK suppliers and it appears to be slim pickings there, too. This one has high resistance ones in stock (LR out of stock).

Hope you can find what you're looking for :)

Hmm, it seems it might have been more beneficial in regards to finding alternative vendors for cartomizers if I had other type batteries than the g6, then. I guess I'll see if I find another vendor to buy them from or if I continue to buy them directly from Halo anyway. I have suggested to Halo that it is possible with a less expensive shipping solution with for instance DHL, as I have seen at least one other e cig company that offer that type of less pricey AND fast shipping, and the person I talked to about it responded that she was going to take the suggestion up with someone that was involved in those kinds of decisions, so I'll just have to see. Of course I'm not sure if I will continue using the Halo e cigs in the long run, or If I find out I would like to/that it's more beneficial with another one - things like access to components, shipping etc might be part of that type of decision - but for now I'll probably keep using them, since I have invested in those to begin with. When you are forced to buy from abroad (as I am, since only use of, and not selling e cigs are legal in Norway for now) things like supply in addition to shipping cost (and not just the cost of the components and juices and such) must play a part in what and from where you choose to buy things - at least if you are on a budget.

Well... bla bla bla, haha. Anyways; thank you very much for trying to help, and for information about the 808 connections vs the 510 etc. Not sure about the low/high resistance cartos vs regular (?) though, since the ones I have been using from Halo isn't marked with high or anything, so maybe they are somewhere in between high and low. I know they have some LR ones on their website in addition to the "regulars" they have in many different colors. I guess I will keep trying to research these things, and look for vendors and wait and see if Halo will consider offering for example the DHL shipping option or something like that. But for now thanks a lot for trying to help, it is much appreciated, and if anyone else have any advice to add it might come in handy as well. I'm still vaping away at least :)

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Not sure about the low/high resistance cartos vs regular (?) though, since the ones I have been using from Halo isn't marked with high or anything, so maybe they are somewhere in between high and low.

Oh, I totally wasn't thinking when I posted that bit . . . :facepalm: Yeah, you don't want the high resistance on something fixed-voltage like you have. Also LR is not really a good option since the battery is too small to handle much amp draw (and the electronics in the device can't handle much, either).

For a cigalike type device like that you probably want somewhere in the 2.0-2.5 ohm range. Lower could be bad for your battery, higher will give you reduced performance

TinxyBee

Jan 29, 2015
Oh, I totally wasn't thinking when I posted that bit . . . :facepalm: Yeah, you don't want the high resistance on something fixed-voltage like you have. Also LR is not really a good option since the battery is too small to handle much amp draw (and the electronics in the device can't handle much, either).

For a cigalike type device like that you probably want somewhere in the 2.0-2.5 ohm range. Lower could be bad for your battery, higher will give you reduced performance

I just checked and the Halo cartos I have right now is listed as being 2.4-2.8 ohms. I'm not sure why they're listed as being BETWEEN 2.4 and 2.8 though, if it doesn't have anything to do with what they're used on (and with what voltage, if used on something besides the g6's), and maybe that will change what the resistance is, or something?? As you can see I'm not exactly extremely knowledgeable when it comes to these things. It seems the more I learn about it the more aware I become on how little I actually know - or rather, the more I learn the less I in actuality know, haha. It almost makes me feel a bit dense from time to time :p

But thanks for advice on the resistance as well :)

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
They list a range for resistance because there can be some slight variation in the finished product after manufacturing. My guess is when they make them they shoot for 2.6 and have a tolerance of +/- .2, so anything in the 2.4-2.8 range would pass the final quality control check

That's actually pretty standard for cartomizers, the plus or minus about 0.2 ohms tolerance spread.

and hey, I'm glad I can give you some info you didn't already have :) Even seasoned veterans around here occasionally come across things that make them feel like n00bs all over again ;-)

TinxyBee

Jan 29, 2015
They list a range for resistance because there can be some slight variation in the finished product after manufacturing. My guess is when they make them they shoot for 2.6 and have a tolerance of +/- .2, so anything in the 2.4-2.8 range would pass the final quality control check

That's actually pretty standard for cartomizers, the plus or minus about 0.2 ohms tolerance spread.

and hey, I'm glad I can give you some info you didn't already have :) Even seasoned veterans around here occasionally come across things that make them feel like n00bs all over again ;-)

Ah yes, I see. Sounds like a reasonable guess that they're aiming for 2.6 ohm then. I wasn't aware that it was usual to list a range for resistance, but maybe I just haven't noticed it when looking around online.

Good to know that even the old timers can sometimes come across information that is new to them :p I must say the world of vaping and gear and juices and so forth seems pretty huge, and it's a LOT to learn for a newcomer. But one little piece at a time, I guess. I feel like I'm learning something new about this all the time, and that's actually pretty exciting even though it's very confusing at times as well. Love the fact that this forum exists, and everything I can learn from it - although some discussions can confuse a bit as well :p Different opinions and perceptions and stuff, you know ;-)

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Most won't actually list a range, they'll often just list the target resistance and sometimes include a disclaimer that some variance could occur

Don't sweat getting confused or overwhelmed with info. I've been vaping a long time and tobacco free for 4 years the end of this month, and back when I started the kit you're using would have been pretty much top of the line and an improvement over what I had at that time ;-) Vaping has evolved very quickly so keeping up with the hardware available from week to week is a full-time job in itself, the trick is to find what satisfies you and stick with it. Looks like you're kinda in that mode right now, so I really do hope you find a reliable source for your cartos :)

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Totally Wicked is located in the UK. Don't see any 808D1 carts but they do have 510 cartomizers that work with Titans so they would also work on the 808D1, you just need a 808-510 adapter. If you flip an email to the folks at TW, they may be able to suggest an alternate source for your 808D1's.

Electronic Cigarette Go e-cig Kit | TECC E-Cigarette Cartomizers

TinxyBee

Jan 29, 2015
Thanks everyone for trying to help. As it happens, I have now ordered some mini tanks from Halo to try out with my Go batteries. I might definitely buy some cartos again as well, so some of the tips might come in handy later on anyway, but for now I decided to try out the mini tanks firstly.

Of course, I have just gotten a few new e juices that won't work with the plastic tanks, and it seems difficult to find pyrex tanks for 808 threading, so I might invest in a new battery with 510 threading and pyrex tanks to use with those juices. Or I might just stick to cartos for those for now. Doing my research and evaluating the cost and so on, and I shall see.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
You could try out Smokeless Image for your 808 needs. When I was active on their sub-forum, they had a number of international customers.

Also Bloog, if they're still in business.

And technically there are 3 types of 808 threading, not including the DM and vGo styles. Though the latter 2 refer more to size than thread type. I've heard the Go Go labelled as the 808D-3, but it's incompatible with the others. The 808D-1/901(same threading, different airflow) are the most common type. The 808D-2 uses the same threading, but has a shorter spacing on the threads. You can use D-2 cartomizers on D-1 batteries, but you run the risk of over tightening and ruining the posts on the cart. The D-2 models are usually only used by branded companies like Mystic in order to try to "lock in" their customer base. The DM series, also in 1 or 2 is a 12 mm sized device rather than the standard 9 mm of the cig-alike. The vGo is the 808 version of the eGo, and is also 16 mm.

Actually, that is the biggest flaw with the 808 and probably why they aren't as popular as they used to be. Companies like Halo, Bloog, SI and V4L try to convince their customer base that there is something unique and special about their product vs, the competition when they are all basically either Kanger or Smoktek cartomizers. The 510 units rarely have this same branding issue, which opens up the market. I actually enjoyed dripping on 901 atomizers and I still would if could find a bottom feeder with 901 threading. :)

And I just saw the last post here is 3 weeks old. I'll keep this here anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread