Cartos And Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
What a steal! But i am unfamiliar with those particular tanks!

Are they glass? It doesn't say in the description.

And will those tanks work with unflanged cartos?

Thanks!

I am pretty sure they're plastic.

I think (with little knowledge) that they want flanged cartos, but I am hoping someone else will be able to give you a better answer!

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
Recently grabbed a boatload of cartos on a clearance sale, smoktech unflanged xl 5 for a buck( bought around 4-500.... yes I'm a psycho ) and another batch of smoktech Pyrex dct's w flanges at a buck a piece ....probably 100 plus of those ..........Yes I totally agree TJ ........probably spent twice as much on kanger protank #1a ,2a,3a,mega,geni as well as aspire nautilus etc and heads none of which gave me as decent a vape as the cartos.......yeah I'm in deep in the carto thing :)

OK BackDoc! Please do tell where you got this most amazing deal on the pyrex tanks! Thank you!

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
OK BackDoc! Please do tell where you got this most amazing deal on the pyrex tanks! Thank you!

OK, now I'm sitting here like an e-bay bidder in the last 30 seconds of an auction punching the refresh button like a banshee in a desperate attempt to beat 10x to the site!

Oh wait a minute, I think I already got some of those ;-)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I was talking to a friend who says cartos and carto tanks are dead. He started vaping on clearos and graduated quickly to rebuildables. I had to argue this one. that being said, what are some of you guys favorite carto setups?

I don't use carto tanks, but I do pad my 30mm veritas up with cotton and soak it up with a few millilitres of juice like it's one rebuildable BIG FAT CARTO:
420722d1426810477-replacing-lemo-drop-wick-provided-cotton-balls-snapshot-1-2015-mar-19-08-17-pm-.jpg

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
OK, now I'm sitting here like an e-bay bidder in the last 30 seconds of an auction punching the refresh button like a banshee in a desperate attempt to beat 10x to the site!

Oh wait a minute, I think I already got some of those ;-)

I am rather excited myself!

Who says cartos are boring?:lol:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Top 2 post from Todays Post's are this and another Carto thread. Ha.

funny how that happens huh?

every week at some point you see two almost identical posts from two supposedly different persons, created within minutes of each other.

Yesterday there was a pair about 'sense Heracles'

I have a snapshot from yesterday:
Massive Spit back from Sense Herkales
Started by Bhakti Vedanta, Today 12:42 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 0
Last Post: Today 12:47 PMby defdock Go to last post
Forum:
New Members Forum

Replacement glass for Sense Herakles
Started by spartacus9, Today 12:40 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 0
Last Post: Today 12:40 PMby spartacus9 Go to last post
Forum:
New Members Forum

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Bought the Pyrex tanks from DFW a month ago, both the clear with colored o rings and the red,blue,silver ones a Pyrex sleeve inside , they were flanged .....but the un flanged work great in either of the tanks. Don't recall how I stumbled on DFW a few months ago, I too picked up 8 of the eroll kits as well as 6 emode kits( garbage) gave them away .....

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Hi 10x and dancing heritek , just pm me if you can't find any tanks and I'll send you a few DCT s, I tried the locking udct( yes they are polycarbonate ) and just didn't like the right draw .....not sure how they work a un flanged . Also I picked up a few AGR + tanks , they are locking and Pyrex ( I think movapes) for 5 bucks .....they are heavy duty but a little on the high maintenance side for me

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hi 10x and dancing heritek , just pm me if you can't find any tanks and I'll send you a few DCT s, I tried the locking udct( yes they are polycarbonate ) and just didn't like the right draw .....not sure how they work a un flanged . Also I picked up a few AGR + tanks , they are locking and Pyrex ( I think movapes) for 5 bucks .....they are heavy duty but a little on the high maintenance side for me

Maybe sitting too flush? Had a few cartos like that. Had to use a mini 510-510 or 510-ego adapter w/ short cone.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    USA

I also picked up a ton of the Pyrex carto tanks for $1. DFWVapor sold them at $1 for months until (I think) they finally ran out of stock. I bought several for myself and a bunch for friends as well.

And just like BackDoc, I bought and hated the plastic UDCTs. They don't wick well for me, no matter which carto I try or even with 80pg juice.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I am pretty sure they're plastic.

I think (with little knowledge) that they want flanged cartos, but I am hoping someone else will be able to give you a better answer!

Thanks! I think you are correct but I was hoping your answers would be different!

Yes, the UDCTs are plastic, and they need the flanged cartos -- I guess you could use the unflanged, but the locking ring wouldn't be able to catch and immobilize it, so it could spin, go up and down, etc. I like my UDCT a lot, but just got really tired of $16.50/mo for the cartos (I always got the 10-pk price reduction at IBtanked, plus $3 shipping -- cartos only last me about 3 days -- just not cost effective with the super-gunker juice I use).

Andria

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Yes, the UDCTs are plastic, and they need the flanged cartos -- I guess you could use the unflanged, but the locking ring wouldn't be able to catch and immobilize it, so it could spin, go up and down, etc. I like my UDCT a lot, but just got really tired of $16.50/mo for the cartos (I always got the 10-pk price reduction at IBtanked, plus $3 shipping -- cartos only last me about 3 days -- just not cost effective with the super-gunker juice I use).

Andria

But don't blame the cartos for that .... blame the juice.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Den, why ya here on a carto and tank thread?:laugh:

OP- "What are you guy favorite carto and tank set-ups?"

If I started using a less-gunky juice, I'm quite sure I'd start using it again -- not a single thing wrong with that technology, but it has its limitations -- juices that gunk don't do well in it. I'm now on the 3rd diff "ADV" I've enjoyed since I started vaping, so I know that tastes change, juices change -- and it's nice to know that some hardware remains the same. So, I try to stay abreast of any news or prices or just conversation about cartos and their tanks; never know what useful tidbits I might pick up.

Andria

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    If I started using a less-gunky juice, I'm quite sure I'd start using it again -- not a single thing wrong with that technology, but it has its limitations -- juices that gunk don't do well in it. I'm now on the 3rd diff "ADV" I've enjoyed since I started vaping, so I know that tastes change, juices change -- and it's nice to know that some hardware remains the same. So, I try to stay abreast of any news or prices or just conversation about cartos and their tanks; never know what useful tidbits I might pick up.

Andria

Got ya. Even as an unflavored user I sure understand that sometimes it comes down to the juice that gets/keeps people off the cigs. I've only ever needed something to deliver the nic with a reasonable amount of heat and vapor.

I'm lucky that I don't have to select my equipment to match my juice. You're lucky that you have so many choices in equipment nowadays.

Vape On.

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 13, 2013
    OC, NJ
    DFW vapor has smoktech unpunched , box of 5 for a buck again , JUST bought 2 bricks for 22$ delivered. Use discount code dfwjuices , I'm pretty sure and it knocks the shipping down to 2$ from 6

Hey BackDoc! Thanks again for the heads up on these cartos!:thumb: I am well stocked for a long, long time now. Thank you for your generous offer though. (Thanks to you I've got enough bricks now to build a small doghouse;)) I am so happy!:banana::banana: It is an epic deal and their CS was outstanding!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread