Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Thank you for that Mooby :)

Yes, there's always next year. More importantly, there is still this year!

I say this to everyone - just because you're not a board member doesn't mean your help isn't needed. If you have the time, then get involved with CASAA. Visit the forum, participate in the discussion, and make suggestions. Offer to help in any way you can.

I'm sure once the board gets together and begins to develop various initiatives, I'm sure there will be plenty for everyone to do. ;-)
+1!!

Thank you, Mooby. CASAA needs your support. Just because you're not on the board this time, doesn't mean there isn't a next time. And CASAA is not just the board - it's ALL of the members as a collective force. The members are the ones who need to do the real job. The board is just an organizational function.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Congrats to all of the elected board members.....I was delighted to see Tropical Bob made the cut(as if there was any doubt),and Sun as an advisor is a great move as well.This looks like a huge victory for everyone!!:)The Wiz!

Yup, picking Sun as advisor was indeed a wise move. And I'm glad to see TB in as well.

I have a feeling CASAA will be having it's work cut out for them this week though. I have a feeling Judge Leon will be making his ruling very soon and more than likely NOT on our side. Lets hope CASAA can be a strong voice. We need one right about now.

And congrats Kristin. CASAA needs writers like you. :)

jerrydon10

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
So, I have watched the evolution of democracy in action very carefully in the formation of CASAA.

From the name selection to the board elections, steps seem to have been taken to insure that ALL voices are heard and considered.

In any democratic process, opinions vary, disagreements arise and compromises are fomented via the process.

We are seeing democracy in this thread. Good.

The guy I voted for didn't win, but that's OK as some of my favorite posters in here did.

Now, let's join personalities in one accord and roar like a lion so that the masses will hear us and become educated. If we stay focused on the mission, I see huge accomplishments coming. This is an intelligent group of people and we can focus that intelligence!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Yup, picking Sun as advisor was indeed a wise move. And I'm glad to see TB in as well.

I have a feeling CASAA will be having it's work cut out for them this week though. I have a feeling Judge Leon will be making his ruling very soon and more than likely NOT on our side. Lets hope CASAA can be a strong voice. We need one right about now.

BigJim.....Why did you remove yourself??? I would have thought you would have been a strong favorite to get on the board!!....Confused!:)The Wiz!

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
BigJim.....Why did you remove yourself??? I would have thought you would have been a strong favorite to get on the board!!....Confused!:)The Wiz!

I decided at this time that my energies could be more served in other areas of support. I have enough on my plate now. :p

CASAA is an organization I intend to support. But ATM, being on the board would hinder my efforts of my style of support. Maybe next year. ;)

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
Congratulations to all the winners! I am proud to be a member of CASAA! This board, I believe, will jump start CASAA! It was refreshing to see that people voted on qualifications. I really appreciated the bios and used that information to make my decision.

Just a side note to Mooby...I can't say I read your bio because it pointed to another site. I skipped over it and by the time I had finished the others, I had made my choice. JMO, but it might have made a difference had your bio been published on the same thread as the others. Just my $.02 and I really don't intend to start a big fight....just a little friendly advice.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Congratulations to our Board members!
I would like to say I think we have a great team here! I hate to see that this thread has become a question on how voting was put together, calculated, etc- I think the most important issue is that the voted members will be our representation and that we ALL support them and the organization as a whole! If there is dissention in the ranks, it will be the downfall for all of us! Let's not go there people! I put in for the full 12 votes on mine and although 2 of my choices iddn't make it (It was a very hard choice between a few) I think of those that did, we have a nice, strong, diverse group standing for us and we need that!
I will be following this and other, more important issues from the CASAA from now on-
I only wish I knew that my husband could have also voted.... We didn't have him vote because my thought was that the votes would be watched by IP address (why would they not) & I didn't want it to negate my vote by his also coming in by the same IP...
Again, I think Congratulations is to all of us! A Strong team has been formed and as has been said, us as members and a united front is what will make this work!

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Problem.

Mooby gets only 89 votes. Before the election was "reset", he had a lot more than that.

This is the issue I addressed before. Votes lost that could have made a difference because of the reset.

Just an observation.

Possibly, but everyone had twice as many votes the first go around - all in the first 24 hrs? Methinks there may have been multiple issues at play.

1) yes, some people didn't vote the second time around; but

2) the first round was flawed in that since no one was required to register, there was no record of people who voted (i.e; accountability)

This time we have almost 1,000 names and email addresses (after validation) which will comprise the base membership of CASAA. The gain of 1,000 vairfiable souls on board (IMHO) make the second effort a more trustworthy total.

(incidently, BigJimW - I think you'd have handily made the board but I respect your reasons for withdrawing and you have my fullest respect. I'm happy to have your support)

Last edited:

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
A HUGE congrats to all elected! :)

And a HUGE congrats to ALL of the nominees who submitted themselves to offer us a choice. :)

Thanks for the bio's offered, as they changed my votes greatly the second go around.

As for all the other stuff.. "It is, what it is!"

Let's all join forces to help CASAA succeed.

Thanks Webby, for eduring this first task of many. ;)

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
(incidently, BigJimW - I think you'd have handily made the board but I respect your reasons for withdrawing and you have my fullest respect. I'm happy to have your support)

Common, tell the truth, I got the boot because I was caught raiding your liquor cabinet again. You did give me enough warnings after all. :D

Overall I am please with the results. While I think Mooby would have made a great board member, there's always next year. ;)

This year has a good group put together.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York

On one hand, the judge can rule they are a drug delivery device and the FDA would be able to ban them.

On the other hand, the judge can rule they are a tobacco product and the FDA would not be able to ban them but they would become susceptible to the myriad local bans on public use and relegate us users to the smoking sections to suck second hand death.

I get the feeling the ruling just might come down from the other hand just so we can witness the slow erosion of our rights in the most painful manner possible. Should we be granted this stay of execution, salvation will not come from CASAA. It will not come from the actions of any one organization. Our salvation will only come from the combined efforts of all vapers and the cooperation of all the vaping advocacy groups.

I wish CASAA the best of success and congratulate the newly elected board members. I hope your efforts help build a better future.

DW

nojoyet

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Canada, near Vancouver
A big thank you to those who put this together and to those who ran.

The bios posted on this site were the major factor in my voting decisions. Ten of my twelve were elected.

Congratulations to everyone.

To those who were not elected, this time, please stick around, you are all wonderful and talented and making choices was very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread