Not open for further replies.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    On one hand, the judge can rule they are a drug delivery device and the FDA would be able to ban them.

On the other hand, the judge can rule they are a tobacco product and the FDA would not be able to ban them but they would become susceptible to the myriad local bans on public use and relegate us users to the smoking sections to suck second hand death.

I get the feeling the ruling just might come down from the other hand just so we can witness the slow erosion of our rights in the most painful manner possible. Should we be granted this stay of execution, salvation will not come from CASAA. It will not come from the actions of any one organization. Our salvation will only come from the combined efforts of all vapers and the cooperation of all the vaping advocacy groups.

I wish CASAA the best of success and congratulate the newly elected board members. I hope your efforts help build a better future.

DW

I agree that CASAA alone will not change things. CASAA will work along side and with other organizations such as RTV and ECA.

I want to thank all who voted in the board election. I'm honored to have been elected.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    I, too, am appreciative to the vote that put me on that board. There is much to be done.

Note that my personal position of retaining smokefree alternatives for smokers who cannot or will not quit cigarettes is the very title of CASAA. This group is not exclusively about e-cigs, as ECA is. E-cigs have served me almost two years now, but it's the world of smokefree alternatives that offers promise to every smoker, and it's a myriad of smokefree alternatives that keeps me off cigarettes.

We must combat ignorance and promote reduced-risk alternatives for those who choose to change their lifestyle. I'm proud to be part of that upcoming effort.

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
    Aug 22, 2009
    Concord, NC USA
    Congratulations to all of you. You are the leaders, but you are not alone by a long shot. Let us know how we can support you. I imagine whatever you need in this fight, we have the folks here that can do it. I, for one, will do whatever I can to help us further this cause, and I know I am not alone. Thank you for your willingness to stand up for us. We will do our best to hold you there when you need us.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2009
    Although I didn't get involved in the discussions about CASAA's creation or elections, I'll be pleased to assist CASAA however I can.

As one who helped organize, incorporate and serve on committees and boards of various smokefree and public health advocacy organizations over the past 25 years, I encourage the leaders of CASAA (and all other tobacco harm reduction advocates) to try focussing their time and energy on policy, legislative and media advocacy (i.e. communicating with public health groups/agencies, elected officials and the news media) instead of getting bogged down with organizational politics, fundraising and promotion (which often happens with boards of directors/trustees).

The success of our smokefree campaigns were primarily due to several dozen self funded and self motivated grass roots activists (who became frustrated with dealing with large established organizations like ACS, AHA, ALA, APHA, AMA, etc.) who focussed primarily on building large e-mail lists of supporters to mobilize policy/legislative activism (i.e. we generated hundreds of thousands of calls and letters to corporations and elected officials who were considering smokefree policies and legislation).

Webby

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2009
    USA
    Just an update -

The CASAA Board is voting on several key organizational issues right now and should emerge shortly with our org structure decided. As Bill pointed out, no one wants to be mired down in political pontification, but there are some infrastructure needs that have to be put in place so we are prepared to meet the goals we've set out to accomplish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread