Status
Not open for further replies.

DonleyDoRight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Florida Panhandle
www.want2vape.com
Greetings again (or just use my last one.)
Quick question, We keep talking about giving money to a cause but I haven't seen how we are raising it yet. Ok so that's not a question but?..

I have a suggestion.
When The band shows up we will have a digital recording studio with us (we record all our gigs) We (probably I) will be more than happy to record both/all the bands and any speeches and such (better start writing) Mix it down and make it available for replication.

That CD could then be used as a fund raising reward. Donate $20 get a CD sort of thing. And it could be used for other promotions as well.

And the Gumbo competition could carry an entry fee also.
We all like to cook too.

Let me know what you think.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
This is so cool! Seems like things are coming together nicely...
Have we got a date set yet? A more precise time frame? It is End of November and I am looking to add this to our calendar soon!
& as far as giving donations to said organizations... What if we could find a University or hospital who is participating in a positive study on e-cigarettes or the plethora of diseases caused by analog cigarettes... Maybe donate to the research...
How very sad that ACS and AHA are against the e-cigs... I am glad my husbands doctor is in support of them.
Another idea is to use the proceeds to supply the service members going into war w/ e-cig kits so they don't have to resort to those foreign cigarettes.... Just an idea...

DonleyDoRight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Florida Panhandle
www.want2vape.com
I love that Idea, send the soldiers out with e-cigs w/o leds so as not give away their position.
You could include some "stealth" juice too.

Our drummer is already hollering about wanting more practice time. after all we DO want to make a good showing.

But I was wondering where the money is coming from. Maybe we could hold some raffles. Sell some tickets for prizes. If anyone thinks it's a good idea I'm in. I donate some gear and some juices.
And I bet we could persuade Webby to do the same (as if he hasn't done enough.)
I think it's going to fall on us members to help finance this project. We can't expect the under informed public to pay for anything.

We want to get the word out but folks will get shy if there are any fees attached. The ones that want could buy into raffles or Gumbo tasting or...

Maybe we could have some sort of carnival games for a fee.

Need ideas .

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
PROGRESS!

I had a very positive meeting with the Director of Public Events with the City of Mobile and he says we are a go with a booking date in March (January is too soon to line up all our ducks and February is Mardi Gras month) so we need to line up a date. We also need a name for the all day event (preferably a Saturday)

The folks at Make-A-Wish have no qualms about being involved in a benefit and we have free advertising from 93.1 WHIL and 92 WZEW as well as WKRG Channel 5

Gr8dane, as our officially unofficial cruise director (sitting in for Julie McCoy), can you check on package deals for March? I've also asked PCH Resorts to put together room and golfing packages (Robert Trent Jones Trail) for the Marriot Grand Hotel and Battlehouse, but will put together a list of other local hotels and discounts as we get closer to our date.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
I will make it work if at all possible.

I think March is better all around, Better weather and more time to plan.

You can count on me for anything you need. (except the wheelbarrow of cash)

Donaly,

Good seeing you today, and glad you could come by the office!

What do you think of CASAA's HQ?

DonleyDoRight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Florida Panhandle
www.want2vape.com
A real nice place you have.
Cool dark and quite.
I truly appreciate the the welcome, I know I just dropped in un-announced.

I will tell you all, that Webby's place overlooking the park is a dream location and he must of been on the waiting list for 25 years to get that office space.

And the park... If anybody is sitting on the fence deciding whether or not to go to the get-together don't!!!
Beautiful park in the Mobile garden district. Downtown with 100 year old Victorian homes all around.
Breath taking even in the rain.
Love Mobile, Love Webby,
Thanks again,
Donley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread