CASAA | Voting Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Due to a problem in the original voting ballot last night, the CASAA Board Elections have been restarted. Our apologies to everyone who voted, and most especially to the CASAA Nominees.

Please be familiar with the following before casting your vote

CASAA's Goals

1. To inform and educate the general public as to the available options for reduced harm tobacco and nicotine alternatives and provide documentation to reputable medical and news items.

2. To establish a membership of users, suppliers and manufacturers of these devices for the sharing of information and substantiated data, support of users and unified industry support.

3. To maintain a social support network and web-based community for all members and their shared experiences.

4. Formation of a collective voice for the urging of more positive political, medical and legal representation of the electronic cigarette and smoke-free alternative community in congress, the medical community and the media.

5. Encourage and support manufacturers and suppliers to:

- Provide accurate documentation and safety information to their customers.
- Provide fair and legal advertising or marketing claims on packaging, and web sites
- Require purchases be conducted using appropriate identification to prevent sales to minors.

6. Establish guidelines for responsible, fair and ethical business practices that manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers are required to maintain in order to receive group approval.

7. Act as a clearinghouse for information about products and services that adhere to ethical practices, high standards of quality and demonstrate true representation of products intended for consumers.

8. Support studies, clinical trials and independent research based on improving the relative safety and effectiveness of "e-cigarettes", smokeless tobacco products, nicotine replacements, and smoking cessation or replacement products.

9. Provide a physical office and staff to dispense live technically valid and informative information as well as campaigning supplies or advice .

CASAA Goal Strategy

The goals of CASAA will be obtained by:

1. Definition of initial CASAA Board positions and duties.

2. Election of CASAA Board and Officers.

3. Procurement and provisioning of professional services.

4. Completion of CASAA bylaws and legal non-profit status.

5. Completion of CASAA.ORG web presence/social network/mailing list and appointment of Content Moderators.

6. Design, development and implementation of a physical presence. This includes a home office, mailing address, staff and redundant network of physical servers, IT support and basic brick-and-mortar infrastructure.

7. Establishing a liaison effort of shared information and marketing data with other organizations to ensure efforts aren’t diluted and the collective message advocating the continued legalization of electronic cigarettes is universal.

8. Dissemination of current news, bans, approved test results, political decisions or press releases to the public as a responsible collective on behalf of the electronic cigarette industry in general. This will be done in concert with the efforts of the Electronic Cigarette Organization, Right to Vape, and any other group that promotes electronic cigarettes in a productive and positive light.

9. Public postings of political or public events to members where a CASAA member presence can be beneficial to promoting public awareness of the benefits of electronic cigarettes and smoking alternatives.

10. Providing materials and support for any individual or grass root efforts to promote public awareness.

11. Scheduling of regular meetings and member events to gather support for the CASAA Movement.

12. Encouragement of US and foreign manufacturer compliance and participation.

Voting Board

1) The CASAA Board shall consist of 12 voting members.

2) Each Board Member has one, equal vote.

3) The Board will be comprised of (no more than) three suppliers (or manufacturers), three subject experts (SE) Directors and six general users.

4) The six AT-LARGE users will be made up of individuals from all walks of life.

5) The three Subject Experts (SE) will be comprised of experts in the field of Legal/Financial, Science/Medical and Communications/PR issues.

6) Each SE will manage a team of users who will help in making recommendations to the Board and provide depth in the event that the SE isn't available or drops out.

7) Standard positions of Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer will be elected by the Board from within it's own ranks. Board positions will be one year and a Chairman will server no more than two consecutive terms.

CASAA.ORG

HOME (introduction, members gallery, most recent news/events - the rest fall off into the archive areas, join and support links and navigation menu) and users poll with link to archived polls

ABOUT CASAA (mission statement, org charter, board info, financials, terms of use, privacy policy, etc)

RESOURCES ( ECF links, glossary of terms, gov't agency mailing addresses, congressman’s' contact info, sister agency links and document library, etc.)

NEWS (searchable archive of news posts)

Support CASAA (donations, links to banners and icons for your web site, stickers and downloadable items, etc. This may evolve into an online “store” at some point)

Membership (Free membership info, benefits and reasons to join)

Lifestyle (tips, tricks and commentary from fellow users. This is NOT a duplication of ECF - it is a source for non-frontpage-news items such as how to guides (tea bag mods, stir stick mods, newbie tips) and feedback from fellow users worthy of being documented. Think, "things that are repeated every week in ECF")

Event Calendar (searchable/sortable event calendar)

Contact Us (physical mailing address info, phone numbers and webforms)

Heard Enough?

Then VOTE! http://www.casaa.org/member.asp

mtndude

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Roan Mountain, TN
Never got my e-mail conformation on registering, but it did let me vote if you can see that it showed up webby.

hmmm... did you have to log in?? If not, I'm betting it didn't register.

Webby should know for sure.

Gave it the test:

second voting attempt got "Your vote has already been recorded. Voting will end at Midnight, October 25th "

Last edited:

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
>sigh<

So far, so good. I see everyone's name listed in the database (thank you those who sayed up tonight to test the process) and only one vote has been registered per IP.

The fact that none of you know what the current polls show is proof enough to me that the system is doing what it should. Rest assured that the votes match the logins. Let the SQL database log the votes, and let's all move on to other CASAA matters. We'll open this time capsule in six days, ten hours and fourty minutes...

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
I want to thank all the candidates who posted their resumes in the now closed “CASAA | Board Nominees & Elections” thread. I spent the better part of three hours and read every word of every post. Your poignant and touching resumes helped me make my decision for whom to vote. Many thanks to all the nominees for their commitment to the Casaa project, and their commitment to protect our rights to choose. Please consider me an advocate and don’t hesitate to call on me if you need some extra help in the trenches.

Good Luck To All
Christopher R. Nubel DC

Last edited:

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Just curious - can you see who voted for whom, too?

I am SO glad you asked.

Yes. This is why I have no problem with allowing a delegation to have access to monitor the results. in fact, I really think it's a good idea. I just don't think all the nominees need access to the results page or they would probably watch it like day traders and we all have lives and families.

I get 600-800 emails a day and on a good day I almost break even. I relish the thought of having twelve people watching this process and can't wait until Sunday.

I've also dedicated a great deal of time to keeping this a democratic process. Hopefully, everyone involved trusts me to make this an honest campaign. It would be easy for me to skew the votes but it would be an insult to everything I've done up to this point to make CASAA respectible.

How about this?

Five nominees will have access to the results login to keep it above board.

I nominate Sun Vaporer as one of the five. next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread