Status
Not open for further replies.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
FYI according to the component lists on the TFA page here, Cheesecake and Marshmallow do have the "custard note(s)", even though their flavor descriptions don't mention them.

Spazzer, thank you VERY much for that information & link! The Marshmallow has 'custard notes'??? WAAAAH :( So does the Toasted Marshmallow :facepalm:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I have had similar trouble with RTS with their inaccurate descriptions. They sell the dark version of Graham Cracker without mentioning whether it is dark or the clear version. The dark contains food coloring and corn syrup. I asked them a while ago to clarify the description and never heard from them.... Some of these vendors are practically inviting the government to impose regulations with their irresponsible practices.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Hey we2rcool, just a quick update, and word of caution. RTS is keeping the ticket open. They contacted TFA and they indicated that they are just now discovering that "custard notes" (acetoin) are in the flavors. RTS is continuing to do more research, and I should know more tomorrow. Thanks for unraveling all of this.:confused:

Well, 'not sure which "they" you're referring to, but if we can find & update our lists with the current data from TFA (in order to spend money), a vendor taking money can certainly find & update their pages with the same data.

smarmy

Mar 22, 2014
Canandaigua, NY
Well, it has been 6 days since I received a reply from the "Director of Operations" from RTS saying they were going to research the issue, and replace the creams because they are not advertising them correctly. Sent another ticket reply, with no response. Web site still lists "no custard notes" but the TFA website indicates it does. Just like ExChanger said, they didn't respond.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Well, it has been 6 days since I received a reply from the "Director of Operations" from RTS saying they were going to research the issue, and replace the creams because they are not advertising them correctly. Sent another ticket reply, with no response. Web site still lists "no custard notes" but the TFA website indicates it does. Just like ExChanger said, they didn't respond.

'Sorry to hear that, smarmy. 'Sad to add...we're not surprised at all :(

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

smarmy

Mar 22, 2014
Canandaigua, NY
we2rcool, I was pleasently surprised today. I received an email from the RTS Director of Operations, and judging by the email he HAD been doing some research on the topic. He indicated that RTS will review further to see how the company will handle it in the future. Guess we'll have to see how things are represented on the web site in the days to come. He did seem genuinly interested, and surprised at the information he was finding. I did suggest that RTS could send out a blanket letter to their manufacurers requesting specific information on the products, or at least a list to post for consumers. This way RTS can make sure they are representing the flavors correctly based on the latest manufacurers information.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
we2rcool, I was pleasently surprised today. I received an email from the RTS Director of Operations, and judging by the email he HAD been doing some research on the topic. He indicated that RTS will review further to see how the company will handle it in the future. Guess we'll have to see how things are represented on the web site in the days to come. He did seem genuinly interested, and surprised at the information he was finding. I did suggest that RTS could send out a blanket letter to their manufacurers requesting specific information on the products, or at least a list to post for consumers. This way RTS can make sure they are representing the flavors correctly based on the latest manufacurers information.

'Glad to hear some time was put into it, and the response was courteous, and that they will 'review further'. That's a good thing.

On the other hand, a vaping retailer that's profiting from the sale of (and I quote, the operations manager from my ticket) "tens of thousands of vials weekly" from the vaping community...ahem, that's a mere 10,000 x 4.25 weeks monthly = 42,500 vials

let's see: 10ml vials range from 2.65 - 5.85 = a non-weighted average of $4.25 for each vial. $4.25 x 42,500 vials monthly = $180,625.00 per month = $2,167,500.00 per year...with that number underestimating the "per vial price" by not including the price of the various bigger vials sold. And if "tens of thousands of vials weekly" is actually 20,000 or 30,000 weekly, those number can be doubled or tripled​

So, a vaping company that has estimated retail sales for flavors alone of $180,625.00 monthly/$2,167,500.00 yearly (likely a very low estimate)...

...has already/previously opted to copy/paste data from TFA's website
...neglected in simple copy/paste upkeep from TFA's website (which caused unknowing buyers to purchase products they didn't want)
...we can assume has had knowledge of this overall issue for years
...bothers with no other disclosure of chemicals from any other vendor
...while stating clearly on their starting flavoring page of each manufacturer: "...While these are perfect for e-liquid flavoring, they can also be used for baking, cosmetics and much more!"

...appears to us (just like the majority of other companies) to be putting their bottom line above the concerns of disclosing the presence of chemicals that are known inhalation risks, while dangling a carrot to the authorities that are frothing at the mouth to take over the entire industry. That's anything but concern & integrity for the vaping community...from which they profit enormously.

In our opinion, the time for "review further", being genuinly interested, and surprised at the information he was finding (along with simple website maintenance via copy/pasting from TFA)...was a LONG friggin time before now. But hey, that's just our opinion.

Yeah, :::sigh::: ...follow the money trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread