[CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boobsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2016
Indiana
What wattage? Theoretically the B cell should actually do better than the A cell at 35w or less. I would bet even at 35w the A cell comes up to temp or wattage significantly faster though. I'm actually trying to figure out if the 21700 cell will fit for even better performance. I suppose it's all in what you are looking for. Some folks like shiny artsy bobs and bits, I like pushing the envelope for performance.

I'm at 45 watts, now that I think about it, I'm sure my battery life being same or better is due to me turning off the pre heat last night. Either way, you knocked it out of the park on this one. Performance is outstanding, solid in hand, & looks great.
I will be considering the lack door & bezel, just because I like all black. I also would be in for a goon reducer.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Question for you guys:
I'm considering doing the LBC jr in aluminum built more to the LBC200 spec (crazy tight tolerances, carbon fiber plates, annodized) the pricing would be closer to the LBC200 cost.

I suppose what I'm really asking is what direction do,you think I should go? Back to cnc precision or just keep pumping out 3d. Personally I would love to have a true LBC jr but I'm not dropping 15k to make that happen on a whim.

I would love to see a CNC'd LBC JR but if you cant get the price down I don't think the market is ready for it. If you can make the 3D printed LBC Jr in different colors, you'll widen up the market a little bit too.
I think everyone who has a LBC Jr will agree, you're not gonna find a better built handmade dna 75 squonker for $250. I've never been willing to drop large sums of money on something from overseas not knowing how they are going to respond if something goes wrong. I have no problem dropping large sums of money on something Chowder has built as I know he'll fix it if something does go wrong. Hell, even spending less money gets me worried. Case in point, last year I bought a steam crave sqounker for $60. I immediately had problems with it and getting them to respond and actually admit there was something wrong was like pulling teeth. Not to mention I needed a Chinenglish translator to understand what the hell they were trying to say. I see the price on those is down to $40 now (wonder why)and trust me, its still not worth it. The performance between that and the LBC Jr is miles apart.

So if you're on the fence about the LBC Jr I'd say don't wait. Its worth every penny.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
I am perplexed at what appears to be fairly low demand for LBC Jr. on this forum.

I really considered getting on the list for round 2 of the jr, but it's just too big for me. The mod itself is taller than what I usually carry with an atty on top. Size is more important than anything else to me.

Build a compact, single 18650 DNA75. Make it as small as it can possibly be. Call it the LBC Mini or something. Keep the price point as low as possible (sub 200?) No fancy materials, but build it to last. My guess is you wouldn't be able to make them fast enough.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I really considered getting on the list for round 2 of the jr, but it's just too big for me. The mod itself is taller than what I usually carry with an atty on top. Size is more important than anything else to me.

Build a compact, single 18650 DNA75. Make it as small as it can possibly be. Call it the LBC Mini or something. Keep the price point as low as possible (sub 200?) No fancy materials, but build it to last. My guess is you wouldn't be able to make them fast enough.
You are barking up the wrong tree. I'm not willing to sacrifice performance for size. Those 14g wires don't like to be kinked and pinched. I would bet the mod you are comparing to uses 16-18g wire and craps out at 30-40%. There are dozens of mods that will do that and if I was to follow that path what's the point? That said if you have the chance to wrap a meat hook around an LBC jr I'd bet a paycheck you would change your tune; the rounded back and lightweight makes it feel like a much smaller mod. From pics sent to me by a great friend the jr is right in the middle in size between an e8 and an e7. Considering what the jr has under the hood in comparison I'm more than happy with that. Maybe someday I will do a micro but if it can't push the 50w all day long that I require I'm just not interested. When I started CAM I made inventory purchases based on what I wanted and low and behold others felt the same way more often than not.

And yes I did build a dna75/18650/Squonker and hated it. Even with hd2 batteries I couldn't get more than an hour out of it before it either flashed the battery icon (@3.7 volts and 45%) or just became plain anemic and slow to peak. We all have our opinions sure but I'm not backing a product I don't believe in. I do have 3 sets of prints and proofs for an 18650/dna75 for sale if you are so inclined.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
LBC200 vs LBC Jr

7mm in width feels more like 10mm with the round. Fun fact the 3s lipo in the LBC is 10.45 wh. The 20700a is 11.8w/h
IMG_4721.JPG
IMG_4722.JPG
IMG_4718.JPG
IMG_4723.JPG

Last edited:

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
You are barking up the wrong tree. I'm not willing to sacrifice performance for size. Those 14g wires don't like to be kinked and pinched. I would bet the mod you are comparing to uses 16-18g wire and craps out at 30-40%. There are dozens of mods that will do that and if I was to follow that path what's the point? That said if you have the chance to wrap a meat hook around an LBC jr I'd bet a paycheck you would change your tune; the rounded back and lightweight makes it feel like a much smaller mod. From pics sent to me by a great friend the jr is right in the middle in size between an e8 and an e7. Considering what the jr has under the hood in comparison I'm more than happy with that. Maybe someday I will do a micro but if it can't push the 50w all day long that I require I'm just not interested. When I started CAM I made inventory purchases based on what I wanted and low and behold others felt the same way more often than not.

And yes I did build a dna75/18650/Squonker and hated it. Even with hd2 batteries I couldn't get more than an hour out of it before it either flashed the battery icon (@3.7 volts and 45%) or just became plain anemic and slow to peak. We all have our opinions sure but I'm not backing a product I don't believe in. I do have 3 sets of prints and proofs for an 18650/dna75 for sale if you are so inclined.

Fair enough. Put me on the damn list.:thumb:

Reactions: rudedog

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Let's do this thing....

I'm waiting on Chad to finish up the doc but in the meantime let's get a list going.

LBC Jr Dna75/20700/3d printed nylon-carbon fiber/SVA Supersoft bottle- base $250
Second Run
1. Chance Bauer paid
2. Hold
3. Papa_frickin_Lazarou
4. V4Vendetta
5. Beez0527
6. bottomfeeder(plus 2 batteries)
7. MFT59 (two batteries please)
8. mrwilliams2 (plus 2 batteries)

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Lol... some folks just need the hard sell... Tough love man... nothing but love.
This is why I love Tom he is a no nonsense no bullsheet stand up guy. If you don't like your lbc Jr I will take it off your hands for what you paid. I got my 1st catfish atty from mota off the classifieds(fsm) and he sent me the link to cam thread and there was a serious rift with an individual who was basically saying Tom ripped him off, needless to say I was a lil Leary until all these people came out the woodwork standing behind Tom and his work and ethics. Turns out the other guy was just an azz and was trying to smear Tom and from that day forward I trust anything that comes out of his shop hell I'd give him my bank acct# and routing info and would never worry about it.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Let's do this thing....

I'm waiting on Chad to finish up the doc but in the meantime let's get a list going.

LBC Jr Dna75/20700/3d printed nylon-carbon fiber/SVA Supersoft bottle- base $250
Second Run
1. Chance Bauer paid
2. Hold
3. Papa_frickin_Lazarou
4. V4Vendetta
5. Beez0527 (blue& camo panels too)

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
This is why I love Tom he is a no nonsense no bullsheet stand up guy. If you don't like your lbc Jr I will take it off your hands for what you paid. I got my 1st catfish atty from mota off the classifieds(fsm) and he sent me the link to cam thread and there was a serious rift with an individual who was basically saying Tom ripped him off, needless to say I was a lil Leary until all these people came out the woodwork standing behind Tom and his work and ethics. Turns out the other guy was just an azz and was trying to smear Tom and from that day forward I trust anything that comes out of his shop hell I'd give him my bank acct# and routing info and would never worry about it.

That was a blast wasn't it... funny thing is I never saw or touched the mod in question, as far as I'm aware it was never even in the same state. But it was my fault.... the guy used the mod for 3 months and wanted to blame me for a swamped board failure? I have a very lenient repair policy but there are limits. And just to be clear the mod in question was a sunbox although the failure had nothing to do with Volpi and company either.

Another fun fact: I have never had to replace a LBC board due to being swamped with juice, not a single one. A few imbalanced batteries, 3 fried boards, and a single screen failure and one with a wonky magnet. Not bad for 104 mods? It would seem Evolv has gotten a lot better at juice proofing. The surprise to me is the fact that I have never seen a switch failure though one of my demos/prototypes had a fire button that was getting weird but it had over 60k hits and some crazy about of watts through it. Suffice to say you are not guinea pics, even my LBC juniors have been in very hard use (I vape a lot) and in much less than ideal conditions for months and thousands of hits. For the last 3 months I have used 2 LBC jrs exclusively. I would suspect over 10k on each of them.

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Let's do this thing....

Second Run
1. Chance Bauer paid
2. Hold
3. Papa_frickin_Lazarou PAID
4. V4Vendetta

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Let's do this thing....

Second Run
1. Chance Bauer paid
2. Hold
4. V4Vendetta
8. mrwilliams2 (plus 2 batteries) PAID

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Let's do this thing....

Second Run
1. Chance Bauer paid
2. Hold
4. V4Vendetta
5. Beez0527 (blue& camo panels too) Paid

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

V4Vendetta

Micro Coil Lover
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
SIN/BKK/SFO
Let's do this thing....

Second Run
1. Chance Bauer paid
2. Hold
4. V4Vendetta - PAID
5. Beez0527 (blue& camo panels too) Paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread