Status
Not open for further replies.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
I feel ya there we (me) are building the ultimate grandkids playground in our back yard, playground area almost done waiting on some more topsoil and rubber nuggets just finished the wooden boarder today, swimming pool in 3 weeks , fire pit area done tree swings are done just need hung ( new 24 ft ladder bought yesterday to finish that job, then asphalt 1/3 of my mammoth driveway for the bball hoop already waiting.

Feel your pain as well Beez...this is just the demo phase. 40' carport, couple of out buildings and a crap ton of fencing. Then the remodel starts on the house, pool and landscaping will go in and then most important part, the two story shop/Man Cave will get completed. :)

Just picked up the temporary digs about a month ago...

Retired?....Yeah right. :?:

airstream2.png

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Couple questions for you Tom what 510 did you use with the jr I got and 2nd are the jr's not selling, haven't seen anyone asking or are you just doing them as people ask for them. I only ask because I'm going to be ready for #2 @ #3 shortly and also if you don't have one what the hell are you waiting for these are amazing mods and for the price what more could you ask for?

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk
I have a list on the FB page and I'm pretty sure I posted it here a few pages back; until I have the final fix parts in hand and a complete solution I'm not doing another run. I have moved to a rev 2 as glued in contacts seem very cheesy. Parts and tools will begin arriving tomorrow. I should have tracking info today or tomorrow on the REMY screws (similar to PEEK but much stronger). Feel free to jump on the google doc list to keep you in the next batch.
Catfish LBC jr. DNA 75 20700

And yes the price went up $20 to make up for the new silver negative buss bar system. This will alleviate the black wire at the top of the mod. This should also make the negative to 510 connection nearly perfect as well as cleaning up the top of the mod. I'll have pics up of what that looks like later this week. I have the first buss bar formed up but I had to order stronger duckbill pliers as 22g x 5/8" silver doesn't bend as easily as I had anticipated. The new pliers arrived this afternoon.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Just to clear up a bit of confusion....

The Door/Bezels are available separately or with purchase of the LBC Jr. If you order a bezel/door set with the purchase of the mod I will install the upgraded set and send the SS along with them. If you want it differently (i.e. Ss door/bezel set installed) contact me.

Also for those of you not confident enough to install the bezel on your own feel free to send the mod and bezel to me and I will install the bezel for you, just cover return shipping ($7.20 domestic).

Door/Bezel sets are $45 and can ride along with your mod. Or if you are buying door/bezel kits alone I will ship priority for $7 or first class for $4. Mods do not ship first class ever.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Also to clear up: As I posted yesterday there is a current sign up list (do not pay yet) I'm almost certain this will be the final LBC Jr list and more than likely my last mod. The hard truth is when making the LBC Jr I'm not even making minimum wage. I did the math and it's embearassing. The final product is awesome but I just can't afford to keep making them. Evidently I'm just not fast enough which also is a big part of the slow lead time. I love the mod; it's ALL I use and will continue to use until something that out performs it comes along, I'm not holding my breath as it seems the 20700 is slow to take root which also baffles me.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
On the topic of the battery drain I have 2 options for you:

Option 1 and the one I truly feel is in your best interest requires the mod to be sent back and I will install the new insulator and the new contact attaching bolt (must be drilled and tapped in the bottom of the mod) this leaves the bottom contact removable if needed in the future.

Option 2 This option can done by you and is also how both of mine are configured. I will send you the insulator and you can install it yourself and glue the contact in with CA glue. I have ordered 20 small bottles of super high performance industrial CA but its on back order for 3 more weeks.

As it turns out initially I glued in the contacts on the original prototype without screws and it never had an issue. It would seem the screw is acting as a ground rod and making a great connection; which is a bad thing. So in the mean time what you can do is remove the positive hold down screw and use a piece of electrical tape between the body and the contact if you don't want to send it back right away.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Door/Bezel sets are $45 and can ride along with your mod. Or if you are buying door/bezel kits alone I will ship priority for $7 or first class for $4. Mods do not ship first class ever.

Tom, the Google Doc you linked says plates/bezel sets are $25 Is that correct or are they $45? I don't want to short you!

I'd like mine installed please!

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Tom, the Google Doc you linked says plates/bezel sets are $25 Is that correct or are they $45? I don't want to short you!

I'd like mine installed please!
The G10 plates are 45 for the set. I'll have to get Chad to correct that. It's the first I noticed it. Don't worry about it.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I hope you continue to make mods and definitely charge to make a profit. Price to me was never a factor in considering to purchase. What kept me from pulling the trigger on an lbc jr was it being regulated and 3D printed.

What I've heard about the lbc jr makes me want to try a regulated again. But then I always worry about electronics crapping out whether it be over time, user error, juice leaking, or getting it wet.

As for 3D printed I'm just not a fan, I'd rather have something made out of aluminum for example.

I understand everyone can't have what they want and maybe the lbc jr just wasn't for me. However I do hope to own a catfish mod one day that suits my liking and would happily pay a price you could profit off of.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Option 2 This option can done by you and is also how both of mine are configured. I will send you the insulator and you can install it yourself and glue the contact in with CA glue. I have ordered 20 small bottles of super high performance industrial CA but its on back order for 3 more weeks.
I can install mine....thanks!

Reactions: YePsTeR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread