Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Hey Tom... I've got an issue with the Hype... I tried to put twisted 29g coils in, and when I screwed them down, they were just big enough for the plate to keep the screws at an angle, which then prevented to top cap from going on. So, I'm wondering if I need longer screws, or different clamp plates? Meb mods has both in stock (the spares kit includes screws and is only $6). Do the authentic plates/screws fit the clone, and do you think either of those things would solve the problem?
LBC looks freaking amazing, BTW.

Reactions: 73neb

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
The squonk window is the full width and height of the useable part of the bottle.

That's what I thought. The squonk window placement was the one thing I found most annoying with the other DNA40 mod. Now its fixed with the LBC. Awesome job Tom!

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Hey Tom... I've got an issue with the Hype... I tried to put twisted 29g coils in, and when I screwed them down, they were just big enough for the plate to keep the screws at an angle, which then prevented to top cap from going on. So, I'm wondering if I need longer screws, or different clamp plates? Meb mods has both in stock (the spares kit includes screws and is only $6). Do the authentic plates/screws fit the clone, and do you think either of those things would solve the problem?
LBC looks freaking amazing, BTW.

On the authentic hype the plates are rounded on one side and flat on the other. If you accidentally get the plate spun around any direction but the correct way, the cap won't seat down all the way. Took me 3-4 times having it happen to me to realize what I was doing wrong. And to add to the difficulty, my old eyes make it difficult to see which is the correct direction without taking the plate completely off. PITA

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
On the authentic hype the plates are rounded on one side and flat on the other. If you accidentally get the plate spun around any direction but the correct way, the cap won't seat down all the way. Took me 3-4 times having it happen to me to realize what I was doing wrong. And to add to the difficulty, my old eyes make it difficult to see which is the correct direction without taking the plate completely off. PITA

Same with the clone BTW

Reactions: rudedog

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Tom just load mine up with your profile. I want try the stainless temp control.
I still haven't tried stainless. I have been using NiFe30 though, similar to titanium without the death.... I need to order some 24 and 26 SS.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah clone ones are flat & rounded, too. I have them oriented correctly. It looks like the clamp plate and screw are both at a severe angle due to the thickness of the wire- the angle being enough to position the screw in a way that prevents the top cap from seating all the way down. It seems weird, though, because it's just twisted 29g... it's not like some alien staple clapton or whatever (have no idea if there even is such a thing).

artv61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
SC,USA
Yeah clone ones are flat & rounded, too. I have them oriented correctly. It looks like the clamp plate and screw are both at a severe angle due to the thickness of the wire- the angle being enough to position the screw in a way that prevents the top cap from seating all the way down. It seems weird, though, because it's just twisted 29g... it's not like some alien staple clapton or whatever (have no idea if there even is such a thing).
perhaps loosen plate up and stick a little piece of same guage on opposite side of screw and then retighten to balance pressure,just my 2cents

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
I use ss 316L wire quite often. I love it in a sx350j not good in dna40. Can't wait to see what the dba200 has to bring to the table. So excited!!!
You won't be disappointed the DNA 200 run ss316L as good as the sx350j. I have both and I only run ss on the dna now and it vapes great. Mostly use single z coil ss Claptons and the flavor and vapor are amazing.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread