Not open for further replies.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
toxic nickel vapor!!!

I do not believe there to be a toxic byproduct as with Ti, TiO2. It is more physical, the integrity of the coil.

Yet, there are more than a few who burn and re-wick Ni. My "bias" says, 'don't do it'. ;)

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I do not believe there to be a toxic byproduct as with Ti, TiO2. It is more physical, the integrity of the coil.

Yet, there are more than a few who burn and re-wick Ni. My "bias" says, 'don't do it'. ;)
My understanding is it's ok to do by pulsing at low wattage but a full dry burn you'll have a puddle of melted nickel :facepalm:

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
You will greatly reduce the life of your ni200 coil even by pulsing at low wattage. Much better to rinse when rewicking. Stuff comes right off. Anything "stuck" you can easily remove under water with a gentle pass or two with a pipe cleaner. I use those to clean inside all my coils when rewicking, including Kanthal. Works a charm and much faster than continual dry burning pure Kanthal coils.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Other thing I found was to wipe down Ni with a little isopropyl to remove any residue/oil. Think this may be more necessary than with Kanthal since there's no dry burning with Ni. Same thing with Titanium.
Try spider silk TI wire they use some secret cleaning process (lol) but it really is clean out the package and no nasty taste what so ever.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
I guess I don't have that same metal sensitivity because both Ni80 and Ni200 give me no bad flavor. I've bought from Temco and others, but I prefer Lightning Vapes. Better prices, free shipping and the wire just seems cleaner to me.

Interesting, Lighting Vapes? Papa also likes their wire. Maybe I will give it a try, thanks.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I will send it again tomorrow. Hopefully I get it right this time
All you have to do is call the contact number follow the tabs in Google wallet app.... I spoke to Mr Patel @ Google wallet (Bangladesh branch) who graciously canceled the transaction for me ..... OR..... if Mr Catfish doesn't accept your money it is said that they will return said monies to your account automatically BUT this may take up to 3-10 days if you just let it ride ........ . . . I took immediate action and saw the cash back in my checking account the next day!

McPuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
P.A. USA
All you have to do is call the contact number follow the tabs in Google wallet app.... I spoke to Mr Patel @ Google wallet (Bangladesh branch) who graciously canceled the transaction for me ..... OR..... if Mr Catfish doesn't accept your money it is said that they will return said monies to your account automatically BUT this may take up to 3-10 days if you just let it ride ........ . . . I took immediate action and saw the cash back in my checking account the next day!
Thank you. I will give them a call. Was gonna just let it ride but a phone call doesn't seems too hard to do.

Reactions: Yiorgo

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Tom, any more info on the Thump? Still looking for more info on how the airflow is configured?
Looks like a top air diagonal intake afc system. Simple genius in my mind... Gets rid of the 90degree turn that the air has to make inside the afc in the Hastur and Manta but still highly leak resistant. I'm assuming I will be able to order them the third week of August.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Looks like a top air diagonal intake afc system. Simple genius in my mind... Gets rid of the 90degree turn that the air has to make inside the afc in the Hastur and Manta but still highly leak resistant. I'm assuming I will be able to order them the third week of August.
So is the air ultimately directed under the coil or hitting the side?

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Is it the same with the ni80?

I don't know if NI80 needs the same precautions, and I don't recall seeing or hearing any, but I dry-burn mine at my own risk... I guess at 56 I'm not too concerned about it, silly maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time I walked the edge.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Anyone......?........ I'm constantly stripping Allen wrenches and/or grubs ...... Can anyone answer whether these would be OK to purchase if not maybe share another link for HEX DRIVERS and best place to purchase grub/set screws commonly used in rdas?

0960e19df15372268f6feb27a0745054.jpg
might be a small pic maybe enlarge it? I wanted to get it all in the page.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread