Catfish Atty Mods the next Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Both look great actually. As a newbie to squonking I'm prone to oversquonking so the 2.1 appeals to me from this aspect. How do you pull out and insert the bottle on the 2.1 btw? I can't tell from the pictures. And are they the same width or is the 2.1 slightly wider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2.1 is 3mm wider currently (still under 2.5" inches though) but if it is redesigned with the 8.5ml bottle it would be the same size as the LBC or possibly 1mm smaller.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The LBC prints are done..... Off to the machine shop and carbon fiber laser cutter tomorrow for pricing and time frame estimates. Fingers crossed. Wooohooo! Now we are getting somewhere.
Great news!! :w00t:

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
The 2.1 is 3mm wider currently (still under 2.5" inches though) but if it is redesigned with the 8.5ml bottle it would be the same size as the LBC or possibly 1mm smaller.
I'd say spare no effort to make it smaller. I'd sacrifice a couple of mls in the bottle to have a smaller device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Interesting. The size is a big factor to me because I want something I can take out and about with me and the 2.1 seemed a bit too big for that. Now I may have to get one of each.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
... the thump i am still workin with to see if i can make it into what i like to vape.but for today im diggin my lil pinch that made it home 2 days b4 usps said it would!hard to believe they screwed up and got it here sooner...they really messed up!!thanks for the info D-99

What don't you like about the Thump, I got mine last week but haven't tried it yet, been using my Swirlfish the past week. The Swirlfish is a cloud-chaser's dream with pretty good flavor but can be closed down for MtLers like myself.

I'm sure the USPS guy is new, his Supervisor wil be having a talk with him soon, he's sorta like new Taxi Drivers that drive reasonably... a no-no in both cases :rules:

... Most of my attys have the original build in them, that just doesn't happen with TC.

I'm with you, my CAMed Lancia still has the original dual coils from my first build, ~12-14 months ago, no deformities to the coils and it's a pretty awesome Atty all-around... fixed a major part of my leak issues with only high VG juice and less wicking, the only Atty better is the Stumpy, this is from someone who loves the Marquis, Atomic, Divo & Reactor, my love for the Manta has always been off & on though I still like it, just not as much as the others.

Last edited:

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That would be awesome!! :thumbs: Love those fancy Italian bottles!:)

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Only thing with the 8.5 bottles there isn't any alternative for bottles unlike the 10 ml bottles but I guess you could use the 6 ml bottles if times got rough or the bottles are hard to find.

I plan on getting ~20 Italian bottles for the two Mods I have them in... I hoard lots of Vape stuff, I had ~20 boxes of cartos when I was using non-squonkers and Carto-Tanks, still have ~6 boxes left-over.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Only thing with the 8.5 bottles there isn't any alternative for bottles unlike the 10 ml bottles but I guess you could use the 6 ml bottles if times got rough or the bottles are hard to find.
Vapage bottles would probably be an option too

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Vapage bottles would probably be an option too
I believe they are slightly wider than the Italian bottles. They would work fine in the LBC but could get stuck in the 2.1. The tolerances in both are very tight but it should squish enough into the LBC.

Micky Goldplatter

Feb 7, 2016
Saturday afternoon day 6, Catfish wood...:?:

( by the way, the comp cap on the Vector makes for a really nice addition. )

hof9CEH.png

I love the picture!

Hey distorto blotto, are you the same distorto blotto that played guitar in the San Francisco Bay Area maybe around the late 70's early 80's?

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
I love the picture!

Hey distorto blotto, are you the same distorto blotto that played guitar in the San Francisco Bay Area maybe around the late 70's early 80's?

No I'm not, but I know who you are referring to. You know him too?

Won't mention how I got tagged with the same nick name, but it happened a long time ago...;)

Micky Goldplatter

Feb 7, 2016
No I'm not, but I know who you are referring to. You know him too?

Won't mention how I got tagged with the same nick name, but it happened a long time ago...;)

I never had the opportunity to meet him directly, but he had a profound, positive influence on me when I was young.

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
What don't you like about the Thump, I got mine last week but haven't tried it yet, been using my Swirlfish the past week. The Swirlfish is a cloud-chaser's dream with pretty good flavor but can be closed down for MtLers like myself.

I'm sure the USPS guy is new, his Supervisor wil be having a talk with him soon, he's sorta like new Taxi Drivers that drive reasonably... a no-no in both cases :rules:

I'm with you, my CAMed Lancia still has the original dual coils from my first build, ~12-14 months ago, no deformities to the coils and it's a pretty awesome Atty all-around... fixed a major part of my leak issues with only high VG juice and less wicking, the only Atty better is the Stumpy, this is from someone who loves the Marquis, Atomic, Divo & Reactor, my love for the Manta has always been off & on though I still like it, just not as much as the others.

my first build on the thump just wasnt right.i have a 28ga 4-5 on about a 1/8th drill bit and am getting good results.just get more flavor from my stumpy...spoiled with the stumpy.i also have the 1st build still in my lancia and that thing reallly puts out some serious flavor and good vapor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread