Catskill mountain vapor stores' Extracted tobacco, Finally tried it, again......

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Was looking for NET (naturally extracted tobacco) and found Catskill MOuntain Vapor store. I saw that they had amazing prices on their e-liquids. They sell 1oz or 4 oz for 15.00 or so. I thought this sounded good. They extract their own tobacco and thought I would like to try it.

SOmehow I would put it off, but I finally decided to give it a go. I placed my order, 12mg, 50/50 pg/vg. The owner called me up and asked me about the order, he said that he usually sold it with some added flavour because it was rather strong. I told him I was looking for a true clean tobacco, no flavour added. I figured if it was strong I could add some more unflavoured 12mg pg/vg to it and dilute the flavour. He told me his latest batch was just finished "brewing" and he had to strain it and mix it to my needs and it would take a week to ship. I thought to problem, how nice, what great customer service.

I finally got it. It came in a large bottle with a cool needle tip. It had separated so I shook it and took the cap off and let it steep for 2 weeks, It started off a very light golden/greenish colour, and it smelled good. By the end of the 2 weeks it had darkened to a light green and there was a lot of sediment, so I shook it and put a few drops on my atomizer and took a few puffs before I filled the tank. It was strong and it was BAAD. It was so bad it made me wretch like when you take a sip of really strong cheap scotch.

I put it away again , for another couple weeks, opening the cap again for a day and shaking it every day.

Today I tried it again, still awful and now its a dark greenish colour, with lots of floating sediment. The smell went from a good tobacco aroma to a bad stink.

I felt bad that I had 4 oz of this stuff. I took 30mls and added 30mls of flavourless 50/50 and tried it again, and its still awful. I think Im going to see if I can flavour it with some Burley or Virginia flavour from Flavourwest. Maybe add some THe flavour apprentice "smooth flavour" and see if it rounds it off to something vapable.

To my conclusion, if you like really stinkie , strong, tobacco this might be for you. I thought Ahlusions Devil Dog was strong, at least it tasted good, even if it would put some hair on your chest. The Catskill makes you want to "hurl" on your chest.

Catskill Mountain Vapours has a large array of the typical fruit, and sweets and bakery flavours. They are probably good, but the tobacco , I would not get if they paid me.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Good gawd that sounds like a terrible juice. Sounds like they don't know how to properly filter a NET if there's visible sediment. I didn't understand what you meant about 1oz or 4oz for $15 until I checked the site. What possible reason could a vendor have selling 30ml or 120ml at the same price?? Sure that's an extememly cheap price for 4oz, but if it costs a penny and is still terrible that's a penny more than it's worth. And why offer 1oz if the 4oz is the same price? I don't get it.

Thanks for trying this NET and reporting on it though. At least a lot of us know to avoid it now. That will be next to Virgin Vapor's "Best Damn Tobacco" on a list of juices I'll never try. Ever.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Was looking for NET (naturally extracted tobacco) and found Catskill MOuntain Vapor store. I saw that they had amazing prices on their e-liquids. They sell 1oz or 4 oz for 15.00 or so. I thought this sounded good. They extract their own tobacco and thought I would like to try it.

SOmehow I would put it off, but I finally decided to give it a go. I placed my order, 12mg, 50/50 pg/vg. The owner called me up and asked me about the order, he said that he usually sold it with some added flavour because it was rather strong. I told him I was looking for a true clean tobacco, no flavour added. I figured if it was strong I could add some more unflavoured 12mg pg/vg to it and dilute the flavour. He told me his latest batch was just finished "brewing" and he had to strain it and mix it to my needs and it would take a week to ship. I thought to problem, how nice, what great customer service.

I finally got it. It came in a large bottle with a cool needle tip. It had separated so I shook it and took the cap off and let it steep for 2 weeks, It started off a very light golden/greenish colour, and it smelled good. By the end of the 2 weeks it had darkened to a light green and there was a lot of sediment, so I shook it and put a few drops on my atomizer and took a few puffs before I filled the tank. It was strong and it was BAAD. It was so bad it made me wretch like when you take a sip of really strong cheap scotch.

I put it away again , for another couple weeks, opening the cap again for a day and shaking it every day.

Today I tried it again, still awful and now its a dark greenish colour, with lots of floating sediment. The smell went from a good tobacco aroma to a bad stink.

I felt bad that I had 4 oz of this stuff. I took 30mls and added 30mls of flavourless 50/50 and tried it again, and its still awful. I think Im going to see if I can flavour it with some Burley or Virginia flavour from Flavourwest. Maybe add some THe flavour apprentice "smooth flavour" and see if it rounds it off to something vapable.

To my conclusion, if you like really stinkie , strong, tobacco this might be for you. I thought Ahlusions Devil Dog was strong, at least it tasted good, even if it would put some hair on your chest. The Catskill makes you want to "hurl" on your chest.

Catskill Mountain Vapours has a large array of the typical fruit, and sweets and bakery flavours. They are probably good, but the tobacco , I would not get if they paid me.

Hey Anavid,

I am so sorry you had to go though this! Unfortunately, some people don't really know what they're doing but they know there is a market for extracted tobacco. Even if nobody reorders after the first, they still make money on the first, so it's not a lot of skin off of their backs.

Would you mind, if you haven't chucked the mess into the trash, taking a picture of the juice? I have never seen a green NET :)facepalm:) and this sounds about as bad as the last debacle (often referred to as the VV debacle) in the NT thread

Last edited:

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
If you check most of his reviews its always the same .... buddies he has writing the reviews from another site called vapors palace..hes just asking his friends to do reviews for him to get new customers to try his horrible juice.

So anybody that has posted at Vapers Palace is a ".... buddy?"

I have bought Pro Tanks from CMVS without incident and posted at Vapers Palace a few times. I've not bought eliquid from Richard, he is a legally blind individual. As you also seem to be.

I'm not a ".... buddy" nor do I buy much eliquid. I make my own, bought ONE 30 mill net tobacco eliquid in the last 10 months. From "Cravin Vapes."

Quite an idiotic comment you made.

nnote

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Mesa

I have bought Pro Tanks from CMVS without incident and posted at Vapers Palace a few times. I've not bought eliquid from Richard, he is a legally blind individual. As you also seem to be.

I'm not a ".... buddy" nor do I buy much eliquid. I make my own, bought ONE 30 mill net tobacco eliquid in the last 10 months. From "Cravin Vapes."

No one said you are a '.... buddy'
No one said everybody at Vapors palace is a '.... buddy'
You said yourself you have never bought juice from Richard
You called another poster an idiot

Kinda strange you jump in here all defensive. Quite suspect if I may say.
Oh btw, no one gets to far here trying to defend catskill vapors in any way.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hi Mr Mann, I will get photos up in a few , my camera is being used by my son right now. I would use my iphone, but it doesnt get as sharp and I want to show the little floaters clearly.

VV debacle?

Hey, we all make bad decisions when it come to juice. One persons "elixir of the gods" is anothers "ipecac"
I didnt want to rip Catskill Mountains , just give my opinion on what I thought about the Tobacco compared to other NETs. Heck someone might actually like it. Ive tasted other tobaccos that are just as bad that people praise as the best tobacco.

It seems a bit "raw" and knowing that he has seeing problems that would explain it. His other juices are probably as good as most of the other juices available but at a great price.

My intention was not to give a negative review on Catskill Mountain Vapors as a whole, but an opinion on their NET tobacco. We tend to forget these companies are people and families. I hate when something negative happens to someone they start to go for the throat and not only want to be compensated , but they want "blood" If a company is not good, it will either change its way of treating their customers or they will disappear on its own.

Oh well, Im going to stop now.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hi Mr Mann, I will get photos up in a few , my camera is being used by my son right now. I would use my iphone, but it doesnt get as sharp and I want to show the little floaters clearly.

VV debacle?

Hey, we all make bad decisions when it come to juice. One persons "elixir of the gods" is anothers "ipecac"
I didnt want to rip Catskill Mountains , just give my opinion on what I thought about the Tobacco compared to other NETs. Heck someone might actually like it. Ive tasted other tobaccos that are just as bad that people praise as the best tobacco.

It seems a bit "raw" and knowing that he has seeing problems that would explain it. His other juices are probably as good as most of the other juices available but at a great price.

My intention was not to give a negative review on Catskill Mountain Vapors as a whole, but an opinion on their NET tobacco. We tend to forget these companies are people and families. I hate when something negative happens to someone they start to go for the throat and not only want to be compensated , but they want "blood" If a company is not good, it will either change its way of treating their customers or they will disappear on its own.

Oh well, Im going to stop now.

Incoming...

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Anavidfan, if you feel the thread gets away from you, or takes on a life of its own, becomes something out if its intention, or maybe you just are done with it, you can report one of the posts here and just ask for the thread to be closed. I frequently have my threads closed--sometimes it's better to preemptively stop the madness.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
They extract their own tobacco and thought I would like to try it.

He told me his latest batch was just finished "brewing" and he had to strain it and mix it to my needs and it would take a week to ship. I thought to problem, how nice, what great customer service.

The issue I have with Catskill is honesty. They resell Tasty Vapor liquid, including the tobacco that Tasty Vapor macerates. The liquids listed on their website, even the needle tipped bottles, are Tasty Vapor. Claiming they make it is a symptom of why Catskill is banned from most forums.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
No one said you are a '.... buddy'
No one said everybody at Vapors palace is a '.... buddy'
You said yourself you have never bought juice from Richard
You called another poster an idiot

Kinda strange you jump in here all defensive. Quite suspect if I may say.
Oh btw, no one gets to far here trying to defend catskill vapors in any way.

I said somebody made an idiotic comment. I don't call people idiots.

You have assumed, misinterpreted and defended suspect comments.

Person said people that post at Vapers Palace were CMVS ".... buddies" and wrote eliquid reviews for him.

Thats not the case, many posting there want what they paid for.

I see a lot of bullcrap being posted in this thread. People wanting blind individuals to make their eliquid for them are pretty much asking for what they got.

Last edited:

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY

There are my unedited comments. Who did I call an idiot?

VAPN STUF

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Hey Anavid,

I am so sorry you had to go though this! Unfortunately, some people don't really know what they're doing but they know there is a market for extracted tobacco. Even if nobody reorders after the first, they still make money on the first, so it's not a lot of skin off of their backs.

Would you mind, if you haven't chucked the mess into the trash, taking a picture of the juice? I have never seen a green NET :)facepalm:) and this sounds about as bad as the last debacle (often referred to as the VV debacle) in the NT thread

I understand what you're saying, but why put in the effort and time to produce a bogus product for a few bucks instead of working towards building a legitimate business, higher profit, and growth.

By the the way, I am eagerly waiting for my Bounty Hunter, Harbor, and Gold to arrive! Also have orders coming from Ecblends, MTBV, HHH, MOV, and Ms. T's Bakery; all seem to be reputable outfits. Have tried all but T's, NLV & MTBV.

Edit: actually received Mt. Baker order but I'm letting it steep, so haven't tried yet.

Last edited:

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California

are you blind? we're talking about his e-liquid Do i care that you post on vapor palace? no but the same 3 individuals from vapor palace seem to be the only ones doing the reviews on his catskill website. I know you're mad would you like to talk about it birdy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread