Catskill mountain vapor stores' Extracted tobacco, Finally tried it, again......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yeah it sucks but believe it. If you look at the photo I posted, you'll see similarities of the OP's photos compared to mine. Im almost positive, that he did not use dried tobacco. A leaf that turns brown means it has been cured and the sugar enymes have been released giving it that brown color and also thats when the smell and taste start to shine. Im just not pulling this out of my ...., I have been extracting herbs and spices for over 7 years I have used every type of chemical/gas to extract oils from plant materials to make concentrates for desserts, lotions, food, incense etc... (grandma is from thailand so she has educated me about herb extracts and how to use them and for what) and plus its very fun because as you go along you get better and better and To see the end product is pretty cool lol

or hes just lazy and uses fresh tobacco leaf instead of waiting for it to dry. thats why the juice is green because the sugars and chlorophyll have not been broken down so you get nothing but nasty grass tasting juice

Thanks for the info. For real!

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
Thanks for the info. For real!

my pleasure. I just hope no one gets some type of poisoning or illness from his juices. crazy because its easy to get a fungal infection from poorly extracted tinctures chlorophyll still has water in the cells and it has the potential to grow fungas (in a couple of days of just sitting still in a bottle) and if you vape that...holy shizz its gonna be bad

sorry OP I really dont know what he used as the base extract for the "juice" he mixed up for you.

could be fresh tobacco it could be grass lol whatever it is trash it rather you smoke an analog atleast you know whats in that stinky stick lol (dont really smoke one im just kidding)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Here is an update on the "juice" I had tried to thin it out and add something to make it taste better but it was still bad. I decided to dump what I had mixed with the Catskill and tired to rinse the bottle. As you can see from the photos, using hot tap water, It wont rinse out. I was next going to boil the bottle but thought I'd take a picture and show you the sludge in the bottle.

I dont know if I should send the photos to Catskill and show them to Richard, He cant see? I just wonder what the heck is in the juice, is it safe? I tried to vape it and I inhaled it, and dont know if it was coincidence , but I had a heavy feeling in my chest for a day.

I know we all hate big brother FDA coming in and making problems with the good vendors , but this guy should be looked into. I heard mention of an association of Juice people, run by Juice makers that checks things out. Oh well, not wanting to make a huge deal, but Im glad I tried it, even if I lost the money, but I think it was worth the money to get others out there NOT to bother ordering from them.

badjuice001.jpg

badjuice002.jpg

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Here is an update on the "juice" I had tried to thin it out and add something to make it taste better but it was still bad. I decided to dump what I had mixed with the Catskill and tired to rinse the bottle. As you can see from the photos, using hot tap water, It wont rinse out. I was next going to boil the bottle but thought I'd take a picture and show you the sludge in the bottle.

I dont know if I should send the photos to Catskill and show them to Richard, He cant see? I just wonder what the heck is in the juice, is it safe? I tried to vape it and I inhaled it, and dont know if it was coincidence , but I had a heavy feeling in my chest for a day.

I know we all hate big brother FDA coming in and making problems with the good vendors , but this guy should be looked into. I heard mention of an association of Juice people, run by Juice makers that checks things out. Oh well, not wanting to make a huge deal, but Im glad I tried it, even if I lost the money, but I think it was worth the money to get others out there NOT to bother ordering from them.

badjuice001.jpg

badjuice002.jpg

This is a problem!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
LOL, I guess we can call this the "Exxon/ Catskill" incident of 2013. Thank goodness no wildlife was harmed.
But I wonder....... where does he dump his excess or waste materials?

Are there any chemists here that would test the material just out of curiosity. Damn, I wish I would have gone for that as my college major and career.

Last edited:

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
HOLY CRAPPY RESIDUE!!!! I think I would SUE someone who sold me that stuff to vape. NASTY. I wish I was a lawyer, because I would take that case for FREE. I think this person should stop trying to hide behind his disability and take responsibility for SCAMMING people. That is absolutely disgusting and dangerous. I HOPE people thinking of ordering from this IDIOT google that company and see this thread.

Thank you so much for the pictures. UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE.

Unfortunately, some of that residue IS in your lungs.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
. where does he dump his excess or waste materials?

I think he sold you the waste!

.Are there any chemists here that would test the material just out of curiosity. Damn, I wish I would have gone for that as my college major and career.

Hmmm....Maybe, but it would be costly. Maybe someone would do it just because this guy needs to be stopped. Who knows, and I am not trying to start anything, but maybe that guy on the home page is not really the person behind all of this?!?!?!?

El_tecolote

Moved On
Apr 10, 2013
I think he sold you the waste!

Hmmm....Maybe, but it would be costly. Maybe someone would do it just because this guy needs to be stopped. Who knows, and I am not trying to start anything, but maybe that guy on the home page is not really the person behind all of this?!?!?!?

Never thought of that, but very plausible.

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
I also think this thread should be STICKIED and another thread in the GENERAL section should be started, another thread in General E Liq discussion section and ALL WITH PICTURES of this nasty stuff. People need to be aware that Catskill Mountain Vapors is a ripoff and DANGEROUS.

I agree! make it a sticky to warn others instead of helping the vaping community hes trying to kill them instead

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
Hi, again, I just now tried to boil it clean, and there is still some residue that wont come off. I have it filled with water and some dishwashing soap and hope it comes off. It still smells. I will try filling it with alcohol and see if that cleans it, if not I will have to dump my new 4 oz amber bottle.

was about to suggest 90%+ isopropyl alcohol it will get the gunk out even 70 percent will do it. let me know if it works and im most certain it will.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thank you for your concern. After I boiled it for 15 minutes it still had a film. I poured some ISO alcohol and left it there over night , shaking it when ever I passed it. It finally came out clean. It had a such an odd scent, I couldnt put my finger on. After a while I realized it smelled like petroleum jelly. I wonder if he uses that? It had an oily look to it. On the bottle it did say "shake well" the sediments that I assumed were tobacco bits were more like bits of oily stuff.

I almost threw the bottle of "juice" away, but for some reason I keep it just in case I run into someone who will analyze it.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I also think this thread should be STICKIED and another thread in the GENERAL section should be started, another thread in General E Liq discussion section and ALL WITH PICTURES of this nasty stuff. People need to be aware that Catskill Mountain Vapors is a ripoff and DANGEROUS.

Sort of pointless. He's not a registered supplier on this board.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Here are the photos, WOW, I didnt think this post would turn into a school yard brawl

catskill003.jpg
Wow that is crazy. That is strange to ejuice turned that green. Although it is probably the same type of bottle as Tasty Vapor I doubt that is Tasty Vapor juice. I have tried both their menthol and regular NET and even after a year they have not turned green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread