Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I have some of the older version as well as the newer ceramic cup ones. I personally like the standard 510's the best, but if I had 401 batteries and wanted to stick with them and keep the "cigarette" look and feel, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. They've had some quality control issues but compared to standard 401 carts they last longer and taste better. I wish they'd had these back when I was using my 401 every day.

A few things to keep in mind if you plan on using these with 401 batteries: You'll need to refill with a syringe in order to leave the filler ring in place and prevent any leakage. You can pull that filler ring and drip-fill, but unless you replace the filler ring when you're done (not easy) there's a chance you'll get some leakage into your auto battery which can kill it. If you're using manual batteries the risk is much less.

Bottom line the only way you're really going to know if you like them is to buy a pack or two and try them.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I have some from Vapor Junction that are revision 3 (r3). They are +_3ohms and for me they're too mellow. Like 'banjo' said they're a huge step up from the tiny 401 carts by far. I think 2.7 or so may be the sweet spot for these. The ones I got from VJ were the XL which are almost the same size as a 403 batt for comparison. The do make these in a regular size as well.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I got r3 in XL and r4 in normal size, both 3 ohms from VaporJunction.com

I find they are the best cartomizer I've tried. I went through all sorts of styles with 510 threads and 808 threads and all sorts of manufacturers. These come very close to an atomizer experience *when* they work.

For me, regardless of revision, the clearer the liquid the better the results. I'd guess that the same gunk that builds up faster on an atomizer with dark liquids builds up faster on the heating element in the CE2 carto also. But unlike an atomizer the effect happens much quicker. Before a single fillup is empty with a RY5 from FSUSA I tried. Light colors work wonderfully.

I also feel that the 401 model tastes better than the 510 or 808D model. Don't know if its the voltage of the battery or the difference in diameter effecting air flow or juice flow rates or what but the same juice tastes different and better to me in the 401 carto than either of the other 2 models.

I find the combo of the XL size and a manual 401 battery makes a nice svelt e-cig I can grab and take with me and use for a couple of hours in a single package. No need to carry the PCC so that I'll have more cartridges handy. The regular size and a 402 battery makes for a nice handy small sized e-cig. I put a few flavors in my PCC and 2 402 batteries. Handy for those day long events.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Glad you like them. I guess I'm use to 3.7volts so 3ohms seemed too mellow for me w/ these. Did you get these recently? When I got them from V.Junction they had r3 in only XL. I see they have both sizes now in r4.

Out of curiosity, do the regular size cartos fit in the PCC?

The E1 cartos had filler and now we have these. I never did try the 401 E1's but a vendor in Florida has them along w/ these.

I also came across these. They appear to be a vendor for Smoore but I couldn't find any mention on Smoore's site or Absolutely ecgis. I assume these have filler but don't know.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
They should have never started shipping them without condoms. I guess it was a cost-saving decision but it's going to cause some people problems. I'm sure if you place a "Want to Buy" ad in the classifieds there's bound to be someone out there with a truck load of extra carto condoms. Chances are they'll be willing to sell you some very cheap.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I ended up buying some other cartos for the M401 just so I would have some condoms. Where exactly does the flexible syringe tip go to fill the CE2 R4?

On the very last silicone ring, the one on the cup, you'll see two tiny holes. Fill one hole slowly until you see an air bubble/juice out the other, then stop.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Wow, I've heard of cartomizers for the m401 series e-cigarettes, but not these things. You are using these directly on m401 series batteries? Looks like that would be a pretty nice setup, and would certainly look cool on a stainless steel battery. It's been awhile since the last commentary regarding these. How are you folks doing with them now? I was looking to get new batteries anyway, and atomizers to go with them, so it would be great to get these cartomizers instead, and just get the batteries. How would you compare that sort of arrangement, experience-wise, to just using a standard m401 series 3-piece setup, with either standard or XL cartridges, or even with the PTB modded ones (which I currently use)? I love the m401 series, and I'm glad to see all sorts of nice modifications out for them, but I'm sort of surprised by this one, or that I'm even considering going a cartomizer route. I hope to see more info on these specifically for the m401 series. How long do these last on a single refill compared to regular cartridges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread