CE2 R4 weird flooding issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
OK, I bought a syringe to fill these things as I could not get the provide blue tip to work. I injected .5 ml into the hole, making sure the needle was completely inserted. Everything was fine. Worked great. Put the ecig down on it's side like I normally do on my desk. When I went back to vape, I got a ton of juice in my mouth. Do you have to keep the PV vertical to use these things? Why would they design it so badly if that is the case?

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
OK, I bought a syringe to fill these things as I could not get the provide blue tip to work. I injected .5 ml into the hole, making sure the needle was completely inserted. Everything was fine. Worked great. Put the ecig down on it's side like I normally do on my desk. When I went back to vape, I got a ton of juice in my mouth. Do you have to keep the PV vertical to use these things? Why would they design it so badly if that is the case?

When you say you 'injected into the hole', what do you mean? If you filled in the center hole then it went down the air flow chamber, which is why you got juiced. You're suppose to fill in the (tiny) holes on the last silicone ring.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
It isn't the mega one; however, the vendor I bought it from says they hold 1.5 ml; so I decided to try just .5 to make sure i didn't overfill it!. I had it measured in the syringe; although i know the markings can be off, they won't be that far off. I tried another CE2 with another juice and injected 1 ml in it. It doesn't flood as badly even though it was filled more. I did notice that the one that was flooding badly there wasn't as thick of a barrier. I hope that is correct. The one that doesn't flood as badly had a thick clear gel like substance that the other didn't have. Hard to describe. I am guessing the first one was missing it. I haven't checked the other CE2's i have.

FWIW, I have the RoyalSmokers version.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
It seemed the one that did not leak had a thicker ring in it than the one that did leak. It looked like the ring was made of gel is what I was saying. The one that leaked looked like plastic. I tried another CE2, and that one looked like the first one. It does make sense that perhaps they only hold .7 instead of 1.5; but I was going by the description by the vendor. It could be that he was using the generic description for the XL's that he also sells. I say that because the one I just filled I filled with 1 ml, and it was too much.

Thanks!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think what you are going to find is that there are big variations in quality / performence of these E2's cartomizers.

Some work perfectly out of the box. Others leak or have bad tastes. Some get better as you use them, some get worse. When they are working, they are great. But when they don't work, they are pure evil.

I got to the point where if I got 7 out of 10 that worked well I was happy. It is also why I moved to eGo MEGA atty's.

If you willing to read hundreds of pages of posts, mostly chat, you can find many great tips on these E2's. The best advise I can give you is that you are not alone and sometimes it is not your fault if they do not work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread