CE2's and HV devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
I have been using HV Clearo's for quite some time. I recently saw some CE2's on sale and figured I would try them out. I used the fill syringe supplied with the CE2's and put it on my VV box mod and it tasted very burnt. Almost tasted like a match would smell after lighting it. I even turned my device down to about 4 volts and it tasted the exact same as the higher volt. I think the CE2 is 3.0-3.2 ohm.

I tried the G4 carto once and I am getting the same result with the CE2 as I did the G4. No flavor from the juice, just a nasty burnt taste. I would appreciate any and all recommendations any of you more seasoned CE2 users might have.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I use 2.5ohm CE2's in tanks at 4.2v with some flavors and they work well. Sounds like you might be having wicking issues which can be resolved..just search CE2's on this forum..up near top right is a search box ;) Like posted above me breaking them in might help.

After filling them let the wicks soak in the juice before using it for a few mins. Also sometimes the rubber cup can be a little too close to the coil and can melt a little..searching these forums can help with all of that also there are a good amount of videos on YouTube about them that can be found easily :)

vikeme28

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Waste Lands
Also one thing to check to is to pull the inner seal off that's around the ceramic cup and see if the wick slots are cut back far enough so they are not pinching the wicks. And look at the underside of the seal and see if there are any scorch marks. Sometimes they come into contact or are just close enough to give you a rubber taste. Then just trim the inner ridge off of the seal and that should take care of it. Unless you melted too much on your coils, pretty much shot after that.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Also one thing to check to is to pull the inner seal off that's around the ceramic cup and see if the wick slots are cut back far enough so they are not pinching the wicks. And look at the underside of the seal and see if there are any scorch marks. Sometimes they come into contact or are just close enough to give you a rubber taste. Then just trim the inner ridge off of the seal and that should take care of it. Unless you melted too much on your coils, pretty much shot after that.

Yeah when I posted the rubber cup that's what I was talking about coming to close to the coil. I've never had to notch one I've found that just pulling up on the cup a little near the wicks with a piece of stiff wire with a "hook" (wire bent enough to hook the cup) on the end..a thin paper clip works good. If you pull them apart you can move the coil down inside the ceramic by carefully pulling on the wires then I usually bend them to the side so the coil can't move up again.

phoneguy1212

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2011
Frankfort,In.
I love the CE2's but if you burn the wick at all the flavor taste burnt too. It'll stay there. I had to trash 2 of mine cause I was trying to use them on higher than 4.2 volts. Just chalk it up to live and learning process. They were 2
5ohm to start with. Don't know why I tried to go higher but I did. I have learned that you can go higher but speed up your inhale length to under 5 seconds. The best of both worlds. Be careful grasshopper.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I love the CE2's but if you burn the wick at all the flavor taste burnt too. It'll stay there. I had to trash 2 of mine cause I was trying to use them on higher than 4.2 volts. Just chalk it up to live and learning process. They were 2
5ohm to start with. Don't know why I tried to go higher but I did. I have learned that you can go higher but speed up your inhale length to under 5 seconds. The best of both worlds. Be careful grasshopper.

The wicks can't burn what happens is the juice "burns" on and if you over heat the juice it tastes burnt..you can actually take CE2's apart and burn the wicks off with a torch because they are ceramic. Also you can burn the gunk off the coils on an eGo. If you do that and put them back together they are almost as good as new.

You can burn some off the gunk off without taking them fully apart too but it's better to take them apart because you can blow or wash the ash from the burnt off gunk. Plus taking them fully apart you can wash them out and even use a different flavor but I try to keep using the same flavor because without pulling the coil itself it's hard to get every little bit of a flavor out.

If you go farther you can de-solder the wires pull the coil out and burn off anything on the ceramic cup then solder them back on..also it's not real hard to make a new coil..you can buy 15' of NiChrome wire for a couple bucks at MadVapes it takes about an inch of it to replace a 2.5ohm coil. Although I usually don't go that far because they only cost $2 each...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread