Ce5 and aspire ET-S on a box mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
what wattage and voltage would I set my smok r-steam mini 80w to to vape the ce5 or et-s BVC with a 510 adapter? I want to make sure I wouldn't burn out my backup tank basically because I usually sub ohm but I'm saving these tootle puffer tanks for hard times. I've only ever used them on crappy ego batteries and I don't know what wattage/voltage wouldn't fry the coils. I'm guessing I should keep it at under 5w and at 3.7v but I'm not sure. I vaped the ETS-BVC at 8w and sometimes 13w on my old KBOX 40w but I'm afraid it was too high for the 1.6ohm BVC coil. I'm really not sure what would be best so I'm calling out to the tootle puffer squad on Ecf to help me out with this. The ETS and the ceX series are classic tootle puffers so I'm hoping to get an answe to this soon.

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
I use that coil in several different tanks, none of them the one you are asking about. It takes 15 watts easily, although I rarely use it that high & never above that. Most of my puffing is around 8 to 10 watts.
Maybe it was my high VG juice that burnt the coil at 13w then because maybe it couldn't keep up with wicking. Sounds like I should buy some more BVC coils and try slowly upping the wattage from 3w until I get a good hit.

Reactions: celticluvr

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
Maybe it was my high VG juice that burnt the coil at 13w then because maybe it couldn't keep up with wicking. Sounds like I should buy some more BVC coils and try slowly upping the wattage from 3w until I get a good hit.
I only vape 50/50 & sometime 70/30 pg/vg, so yes high vg could cause a problem. You can thin it with a few drops of distilled water.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Definitely! That's what I do! I love my Aspire ET-S and every time I put in a new head/coil/atomizer thing I prime it then start at the lowest wattage and work my way up. :)

edited to say I do use higher vg 75-80 and slowly working your way up on a new head works wonders.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I mean I did use virgin vapors 100% VG romancing the strawberry in my ETS BVC and it was great, great clouds even though the coil gunked up quickly. I think they thin with ethyl alcohol though and they don't sell everclear near me and where they do it's $21 plus a 25% excise tax plus a 20% tax per liter
    Ouch! I get everclear for about 20 plus change............. :( but I won't buy anymore because fiance and I got curious one night.... 3 day hangover ensued!:nah: Not fun! ;)

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2016
    Ouch! I get everclear for about 20 plus change............. :( but I won't buy anymore because fiance and I got curious one night.... 3 day hangover ensued!:nah: Not fun! ;)

I have had bad times with Everclear. I would only use it for making tinctures and homemade flavored "moonshine" watered down to 40% ABV. Also cleaning tanks and thinning e liquid. But it's expensive and unavailable.

Reactions: celticluvr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread