Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokin Randy

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
My house
Hi,
I got one today for $4.99,I have not removed it from the package yet but
I notice there is not a V indicating a voltage selection So I'm a little unsure about where to set the Dial
Has anyone here tried to test batterys with this model yet that can tell me
where to set it for Li-ion testing..
I see 1.5v-9v I assume it's that one, but I don't want to blow out anything.
with my luck lately I'll just leave it alone untill I get enough info before I even take it out of the package
Thanks in advanced for the help,RR

Last edited:

Rokin Randy

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
My house
Ok thanks for clearing that up for me,It's not the most accurate then...But that's it,it does give a good close idea as to whats going on..freshly charged 18650's all read 4.27..not bad for a few bucks.. And the attys can be checked on the omega side at it's lowest setting which is not 100% accurate either..But good enough for both if you calibrate the difference..I was going to give it to somebody but now I'll keep it around for quick testing of batterys around the house..

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I've had one of these meters for years. No, it's not the most accurate meter around but I got mine for $1.99 so I'm not complaining. Mine is off by .2 ohms when measuring resistance of atty's. Voltage seems right on though and fully charged batt's right off my charger typically read 4.19 to 4.21 volts. I've noticed that if I turn the dial all the way around before taking any measurements it reads everything more accurately. When taking resistance readings I always touch the leads and see what the reading is, then subtract that from the atty resistance reading. Seems to work well enough for me.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I have a DMM that I can touch the leads together and press a button to zero the readout. Of course I paid $100 for it about 10 years ago, but it's the most accurate one I have.

I have 4 or 5 of those <$5 DMMs from Harbor Freight. Get one whenever they go on sale for $2 or less. Actually cost less to buy a new one than to replace the battery in it... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread