• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Central, MO: Regional Monthly Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
At the last South West MO Regional Meeting, we discussed the idea of arranging monthly meetings in other regions of Missouri. This thread is for the Central, MO area meetings. I guess we will start the ball rolling with some initial questions. 1st: should we have the meetings at the beginning, middle or end of every month? 2nd: what day of the week works best for everyone on average? 3rd: what time of day works best for everyone on average? 4th: what city should the meetings be held? 5th: should we rotate which cities we meet at every month? 6th: what venues within the selected cities should we hold the meetings at? These are just some starting questions to get the discussion ball rolling.

This thread is going to be a sticky so that new people can add their ideas and so that we can adjust things as problems arise. By problems I mean things that might necessitate changing: day, time, city, venue, etc. This will also allow people to arrange car pooling if necessary. As this meeting thread is for Central, MO area vapers , I assume someone in that area will take the helm when it comes to organizing the meetings. I hope that this will be a helpful starting point for discussing monthly meetings in the Central, MO area.

Last edited:
Reactions: lboyerbp

webgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2011
Missouri
What do you mean when you say "venue"? Are we talking some kind of actual meeting room, or a restaurant/bar? If you actually want to be able to vape during the meeting, I wouldn't suggest Columbia. The anti-smoking nazis are pretty thick on the ground here, and they don't make a distinction between analog and electronic cigarettes.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Hi all, just found this bunch. I am near Columbia. I've been vaping in various places for four months. I did get called down once by another patron (Truman's) because she saw me exhale. She was pretty hard-core anti, and didn't want to hear differently. The waitress then asked me for a hit of it...

I use a device that looks nothing like a cig, and am willing to talk to anyone about it. At the same time, I don't use it to extreme in public indoor places. If I am in Walmart for a long time I will stealth a puff or two. I used to wait till I got outside, I don't need to look like a steam engine now. At any new restaurant/bar, I ask them "Do you mind if I use my portable steamer in here? It helps me breathe". Some know what it is and laugh, all have always told me it was OK.

The Columbia law may not cover it, but public perception is their reality. This is also what eventually can get laws change, so I am not militant about it.

Kingdom City? I am sure they wouldn't care at Panhead Billy's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread