Cerabis Ceramic Subohm tank by ceravape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toolbox875

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2015
I guess I am just lucky. I have various sub ohm tanks that use pre built coils and I have never experienced any leaking of significance in any of them.

I have 5 packs left of 10 packs I purchased of TFV4 quad coils when it was released that cost me ~$30 each and I haven't used that tank in months.

Having extras is just part of the game I guess. I understand your point that these people claim their tanks don't work and I at least have functioning TFV4's if I ever wanted to go back. I wonder if those with leaking tanks have tried replacing their coil?

When I got my leaking tank replacing the coil was the first thing I did. Even with the new second coils it still leaked. Then I decided I had enough and sent back to the retailer.

Reactions: cooladdict

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
The defensive posts about leaking, assurances about better version...all sound like PR stuff.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I spoke at length to the manufacture at a convention and have since been in contact with them trying to resolve the leaking issue some people are experiencing.

Would you rather me not?

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
So you would just rather have a thread of all problems? You don't want me saying my tanks work with no problems? I really don't think those of us with tanks that function properly should be attacked because of it.

I have nothing in this other than I bought some tanks and they meet and exceed my expectations. The only thing I have said is they are obviously not all bad.

Toolbox875

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2015
When you sent it back did you get a replacement? If so did the replacement leak too?

I have not received my replacement yet. Not sure if the replacement leaks or not. As I mentioned on post #64 , the second tank that I have vapes fine , no leaks.

With all this talk about a redesigned tank/coils. Are we beta tested this tank for the manufacturer???

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
With all this talk about a redesigned tank/coils. Are we beta tested this tank for the manufacturer???

I guess we beta test every product, no? There are constant firmware updates on mods. There are often version 2's and often 3's and 4's of atomizers. There is always some new wick material or wire to use.

But to your point, I was told they have a good quality control team who has plenty of experience in the vape world.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
The Vaporesso cCells do have cotton around the outside of the ceramic piece. This is supposed to "control" the amount of wicking to the ceramic and is not in contact with the wire. The problems with those coils are that they are terribly inconsistent and have a break-in period of anywhere from 5 minutes to never! The Cerabis coils don't use cotton at all. Perhaps that is causing the problems many are having with leaking.
The Joyetech Ultimo also uses cotton wrapped around the ceramic coil (not in contact with the wire). If the cotton used in this manner produces a coil/tank that doesn't leak and still produces the great flavor of a ceramic coil, that's great.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
If the cotton used in this manner produces a coil/tank that doesn't leak and still produces the great flavor of a ceramic coil, that's great.

Yes it is great. However the cotton gets gunked by the juice and needs replacing every week or so - cotton life is short because of the juice, not because it is or is not in contact with the coil.

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
Guys. Caught up with some friends. 5x tanks. Different owners. Tank leaked on all of. We are all experienced vapers. 5x tanks binned. Know a dodgy tank when I use one. Don't need to hear about other peoples tank not leaking. It's quite simple. The tank leaks like a ..... Will wait for the new version when they get around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Unfortunately they appear to have slightly changed the coil dimensions with the new tank, so we all will have to buy different coils. It is my understanding the coil uses the same technology (no cotton and porous ceramic) they just will not be compatible with other tanks.

The tank scheduled for immediate release will still use the on/off feature but will be monitoring for customer complaints about leaking. If there are many complaints about leaking I suspect future tanks will not have the on/off feature.

I contacted Ceravape about the coil change, and this is what they told me:

"Cool. Upgraded Cerabis? it's the same coil same design,but we'v modified a little bit ,the coils you bought still fits on it :) . and we're designing a mini which hold 2.5/2ml, different coil though,it's shorter." So YAY! The new tank will still accept the coils I have. :)

They were super nice and extremely thorough in their response to my e-mail. They wanted details about exactly what it is my tank is doing, and they offered tips and possible suggestions as to why it is doing what it's doing and they wanted to know if I had any ideas about what the issue might be. They suggested the things that you did (the push-pull feature, etc) and told me that they knew I was not a "newbie vaper" and asked if I had any different ideas. They were awesome! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I don't know what you paid for your coils but I paid $16 for a 4 pack. $4 per coil doesn't seem expensive to me, especially when mine has lasted for months.

A quick google search returns a 4 pack for $12:

Ceramic Replacement Coil Heads for Cerabis Tank (4 pack)
I paid under $7 for mine but I got them during a 33% off sale and apparently I had a little store credit, too, lol. Not to shabby, considering a 5-pack should last me a year once I can use them! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
It is quite possible that the coil design is what is causing the leaking. Most of the reports of leaking I've seen says the juice flows out of the air slots, so it is fair to assume something could be wrong with the way a coil is seated, the o-ring on the coil, the ceramic inside the coil, the way the ceramic is seated inside of a particular coil or a host of other things directly with the coil.

The Ultimo tank's coils will use cotton in them. If you are ok with cotton in your coil why not just use the vaporesso or the host of other "ceramic" coils that utilize cotton for wicking?

The advancement or intriguing part of Ceravapes coils is the fact they are cotton free. As we all know the cotton in a coil is what actually gunks up and goes bad, not the wire or ceramic itself. Any wire and ceramic can be dry burned and cleaned in any atomizer but the cotton must be replaced. Don't expect the Ultimo's coils to last any longer then a standard coil for the numerous other sub ohm tanks.
Vaporesso does not use cotton for wicking. The cotton pad around the cCell is there to help with juice flow. Sintered ceramic is porous and when the juice gets hot it can flow freely through the coil (causing leakage) and the cotton pad around these coils prevents that kind of leakage.

Interestingly, the one hybrid coil I used that was a ceramic coil with dual cotton wicks (the Luggy coil) was the best coil I have ever used, EVER. I am so sad that the Luggy coils never went anywhere. I absolutely loved that coil.

All of my ceramic coils that utilize the cotton wrap are great. Since the cotton never touches the wire it never goes bad. It can be rinsed and reused for months. You can even dry burn the coil for cleaning without ruining that cotton pad.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I was also informed that ceravape had a return policy of sorts where they had some customers return their ceravape tanks for a new replacement free of charge. Unfortunately even with customer tanks that were supposedly leaking the owners were not able to recreate the leaking the customer was experiencing.

I am not sure of the return process or if they are still doing it.
I should send them a video of what happens with mine. I am sure they have video evidence, but you never know, lol. It might help them understand the issue better. I sent a pretty detailed response to tonight's email, though, so I will see what they have to say in their response. It will take me less than a tank to get the tank to spill spent e-juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread