Cerabis Ceramic Subohm tank by ceravape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
The new tank you saw was definitely a Cerabis version?

No, the "new tank" I saw is not cerabis. It is completely different and yes was much shorter then the cerabis, maybe half the size.

Yep, they are great to work with! I only contacted them because you were so impressed by them. I wouldn't have done so otherwise. If I hadn't been involved in this thread I probably would have just shelved the tank and the box of coils and moved on, so thank you! :)

I just find it refreshing that there is a manufacture that is easy to get in touch with and really listens to their customers. They are like the mom and pop shop of the manufacturing world.

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
No, the "new tank" I saw is not cerabis. It is completely different and yes was much shorter then the cerabis, maybe half the size.

I just find it refreshing that there is a manufacture that is easy to get in touch with and really listens to their customers. They are like the mom and pop shop of the manufacturing world.
Neat! That must be the one they were talking about when they said they have a mini coming out. They are definitely on a roll! :) I feel bad that they are limited in Europe to 2 ml tanks. I would have to double the number of mods in rotation to keep up with what I currently vape, lol!

Reactions: Daddy

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Right, this is the point. Cotton does wear out (gets gunked). Yes it can be cleaned but even cleaned isn't as good as fresh. So going with out cotton extends coil life.
Yep, and the longer the better! The great thing about ceramic coils is that the flavor doesn't diminish with extended use because you can dry burn them, and there is just so much more flavor than there is with cotton coils. I am so excited that Ceravape has taken so much time with research and testing of ceramics. I have said it before and I'll say it again: Ceramic tech is the wave of the future in tank tech! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I won a Target75 here from a vendor when they first released, so I am familiar with them. Vaporesso maintained they were "ceramic coils" until Mark Fagan reviewed them and tore down their coil and found cotton. Vaporesso had no choice but to come clean then. You should watch his review on the tank.

Vaporesso's ceramic is also very fragile, so you run the risk of vaping the dust. Ceravape's ceramic is much more durable - I seen a video comparison somewhere.

I have seen this video. I worked closely with Vaporesso during the launch of the Target 75 (which I also won here). The video of the "crumbling coil" was debunked immediately. The cCell's ceramic is as hard as a tooth! It's superior sintered coil tech, but as with any coil you can have quality control issues, especially early on. I know I gave up on the Kanger Subtank right off the bat because of the dry hit problems I got from all 3 of my subtanks (all 3 of the initial release sizes) but they rapidly fixed their coils. Believe me, Vaporesso is a top-notch company to work with as well. They responded publically to all claims (they sent me the MSDS data sheets and all of their testing data sheets) and Phil Busardo kept a running log of their responses to him as well. They even went above and beyond when there was a question of toxicity (debunked) to be as transparent as possible without disclosing their patented process.

I don't think this is a Ceravape VS Vaporesso thing. They each have their own process for their ceramic coils. I love my cCells but that absolutely does not stop me from trying out other companies' ceramic offerings. I am excited by all of it! :)

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
I don't think this is a Ceravape VS Vaporesso thing. They each have their own process for their ceramic coils. I love my cCells but that absolutely does not stop me from trying out other companies' ceramic offerings. I am excited by all of it! :)

Indeed it was not my intention to make this a Vaporesso vs Ceravape thing either. Just pointing out the differences in quality of the material.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
So, I decided to try adding an O ring to my Cerabis coil to see if it would help with my leakage woes. Unfortunately, the extra O ring I had broke. :( Fortunately, I decided on a whim to check out the box of coils I bought and Lohan Beeholdt, they appear to be the "upgraded" version that I posted about above (sent to me by Ceravape in e-mail)! They have an extra O ring on them! I popped one in and I am vaping on it right now. I will run a few tanks through it and see if this one performs better than the original installed one. I am cautiously optimistic! :) Here is a picture of the two coils side by side. The one on the right is the one from the 5-pack. Also, I saw this tomato on the counter when I was paying for my veggies at the farmstand and I decided to share it with you. :D
ceravape coil comparison.PNG

Attachments

• tomato.PNG
    tomato.PNG
    458.3 KB · Views: 32

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I just checked the ones I have been vaping. They all look like the one's on the right in your picture.

The funny thing is that I have 4 boxes of spare coils and they all look like the one's on the left. I haven't used any of them yet.
Oh no! Four boxes? Well if it does turn out that the remedy is as simple as adding an O ring, that 's still a great thing. O rings are cheap, lol. I really hope that's all it is. I love being able to vape immediately upon installing a coil in the Cerabis. There's no prime-time waiting period! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Well, I am almost through my second tank of juice and I only had a little bit of leakage at the end of the first tank and none so far during the second tankfull! I think the coil is the key, by cracky! :D I have the juice flow holes closed down about halfway, but I am going to open them up and keep vaping. I want to put it through its paces and really get a good feel for it. The flavor is starting to really come through now, so I am a happy vaper. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yes, they both have O rings below the lip, but Ceravape added the one above more recently and it makes all the difference in the world. I'm on my third tank of juice with this coil and I had just a little bit of juice come back on my napkin at about halfway through the first tank and absolutely nothing since then. I opened the juice flow holes all the way and I am even chain vaping! I am pretty sure that O ring solved my problem. I will add one to the original coil at some point and see if I get the same results as I do with this one. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
The spit back guard comes out very easy, but it won't go back in so be warned. I removed mine in about ten seconds with a small screwdriver. It really opens up the airflow, zero spit back and a slightly wetter vape.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I want to remove my spitback guard. I have had ZERO spitback from this tank and I like to sop up excess juice through the tops of my tanks with a Q-tip. How did you remove it with a screwdriver? Did you just punch it through from the top? I have been messing with mine with a pair of needlenose pliers and I can't get it lose. I'm afraid to do too much banging around without knowing which direction it comes out, lol. Thanks! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Take the coil out of the empty tank, reassemble, then take a screwdriver down through the top and give it a good smack. It will come out or break out. I did that to all three of mine with no ill effects.
Got it! It came out much easier with a screwdriver. I wasn't getting anywhere with those pliers. :D Thanks!

Reactions: BlueSnake

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
The Cerabis 44, formerly known as "the new tank".

As you can see the tank is much smaller then the Cerabis, so I believe you will need a new coil. This "torture test" seems to show the leaking has been resolved however.

I'll definitely be picking up a couple of these.

Last edited:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
The Cerabis 44, formerly known as "the new tank".

As you can see the tank is much smaller then the Cerabis, so I believe you will need a new coil. This "torture test" seems to show the leaking has been resolved however.

I'll definitely be picking up a couple of these.

Neat! I like how the air flow holes are covered in the off position. This looks like a really cool design. :)

Reactions: Daddy

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
Found this thread and read it with great interest.
The coils I have -2 with the tank and 4 in the package- all have the double O-ring and yet the tank leaks.

No, not condensation type leakage. Every tank has that type of leakage to a certain extend. There is no way around it either - you cannot just turn physics off.

This leaking is different. I vape, tank heats up quickly and everything seems to be fine. Almost every time the juice level gets below 35% or so the tank discharges juice. After that the tank is almost empty. By just looking at the amount of juice it peeves out about 1ml.

This sucks.

I have another two tanks coming my way from a different vendor - Let's see.

Cheers.

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
Update:

The other two tanks came in today. Those are the SS version as opposed to the black one, which gives me so much grief.

What I noticed right away:

The coils are identical to the ones which came with the black version - the newer double o-ring version that is.
However, the tanks are different. Nothing you could see, but getting the coil into the tube is much harder than on the black tank.

Vaping No.1 SS right now. Fingers crossed.

Keep you posted.

Cheers.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Update:

The other two tanks came in today. Those are the SS version as opposed to the black one, which gives me so much grief.

What I noticed right away:

The coils are identical to the ones which came with the black version - the newer double o-ring version that is.
However, the tanks are different. Nothing you could see, but getting the coil into the tube is much harder than on the black tank.

Vaping No.1 SS right now. Fingers crossed.

Keep you posted.

Cheers.

It kinda sounds like your black one is defective in some way! I have the SS version and my coil sits very snugly. I hope you have better luck with the 2 new ones. I have much less leakage with the double O-ring coil but I do still have to blow out the condensation about 3/4 of the way through the tank to keep it clear. Nothing like I did with that first coil, though. Fingers crossed for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread