Ceramic E-2 question: Do I REALLY need to fill both sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really loving the ceramics. Haven't touched my other stuff in weeks.

I bought a needle-tipped bottle (from a link on here) to fill them with. THought it would be easier than the included tips, which I manage to bend and have problems with.

However, I find that I have to squeeze the bottle until my hand is practically cramped to get anything out.

So I'm back to filling with the included blue tip syringe.

My question (you wondered if I would ever get to that) is this: How important is it to fill BOTH sides? In other words, sometimes I get the syringe tip into one of the holes without much trouble, but not the hole opposite it.

If in fact it's all going to the same place -- i.e., a large ceramic cup -- then why should I need to use both sides for injecting liquid?

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

I love the ceramics and I think it's the future in vaping.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I just remove the silicone filler ring and forget the tiny filler syringe attachment. You can either carefully drip down the sides or use a much larger syringe inserted down around the cup. The latter is what I do. I live by the motto, "work smarter, not harder".

Possibly a dumb question...but....how will you know when you have put in enough liquid without the silicone filler ring? With it, I can tell if I am overfilling as the liquid will start to seep above the ring.

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
Quick and easy way:

Remove all three caps/rings
Put carto on a 20 degree angle
Fill straight from the juice bottle
Stop filling when the juice starts to accumulate past the cup
Put carto on a 90 degree angle (vertical) and check the level
Top up if needed. Ensure the juice is filled just below the cup
Push the inner cap in using the rear of a Pen
Insert the outer cap, discard the middle cap

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Quick and easy way:

Remove all three caps/rings
Put carto on a 20 degree angle
Fill straight from the juice bottle
Stop filling when the juice starts to accumulate past the cup
Put carto on a 90 degree angle (vertical) and check the level
Top up if needed. Ensure the juice is filled just below the cup
Push the inner cap in using the rear of a Pen
Insert the outer cap, discard the middle cap

Thanks :)...do you have any problems with leaking with this method?

Sorry for the hijack Michelle :), just been curious about this and didn't want to start yet another E2 thread, lol!

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
Thanks :)...do you have any problems with leaking with this method?

Sorry for the hijack Michelle :), just been curious about this and didn't want to start yet another E2 thread, lol!

No problems leaking :) I get the occasional minor leak sometimes, but thats just how these R3's are. The R4's apparently fix this problem.

A few tips to avoid leaks:

1) Never fill the juice past the Cup
2) Ensure the inner cap is sitting on the Cup properly
3) Don't store the carto's in the Rubber Sleeves. They tend to leak in the rubber caps due to air pressure changes.
4) Use juice that contains some VG to thicken the juice (I use 30% with no problem). The thinner the juice, the more likely it will leak.

Hey, no problem on the hijack...it's cool. It seemed to me when I tried to pry off the final cap (the one with the holes in it), there was a lot of resistance and it didn't want to come off. I decided to let it be. Are you suggesting I should force it out? Will it go back on securely? What's the idea behind omitting the middle (clear) ring when you reassemble this puppy?

I was leaving the center ring off in my last models of E2 and got some leaking. The latest versions seem to be better that way.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Possibly a dumb question...but....how will you know when you have put in enough liquid without the silicone filler ring? With it, I can tell if I am overfilling as the liquid will start to seep above the ring.

With the ring removed you can easily see the cup. I fill until the liquid is level with the top edge of the cup and then put small drop on the coil in the center of the cup. When I do this I have a carto condom covering the battery end. When I'm done filling, I reinsert the filler ring and mouthpiece, remove the condom and blow it out through the mouthpiece to clear any excess juice in case I slightly over filled.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Does it matter HOW you put the filler ring back in? Doesn't it have to be in an exact certain spot? Does it stay easily, or slip? I am going to sacrifice one of my carts and try this.
In the case of the 3.5's they have notches cut into the filler ring that are intended to align with the wick notches in the cup. Personally I have found little diiference in performance whether the notches are aligned or not. I have found though that minor leakage can occur when the notches ARE aligned. If your filler rings lack notches then they are rev 3.0's and alignment is not an issue at all.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Hey Michelle... I tried the suggested fill method and it seriously is sooooo easy. I am becoming a huge fan of these cartos thanks to all the tips from the respondents on your thread.... Thanks for starting it :) believe me, you won't be sacrificing a carto with this method, it works great!
No more needles, measuring the liquid and such... On a new xl carto I think I counted about 57 drops of liquid to fill...that should last a long time:) Problem is I vape more with these than I do with drpping cause it's just so dang easy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread