Status
Not open for further replies.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I do need to replace my ceramic tweezers, nd that ceramic coil gizmo could be handy. I made my own coil jigs out of SS Rod, but I cant fire with the rod in there. I can see this being handy like they show pinching your coils while firing then and adjusting them.

And they are black. I like black...

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
I've always used a screwdriver that the coil was wound on, and a leatherman.
I suppose if they had that type of thing when we started coiling I might have them as well. But I see no need for it now.
Just use a dental pick to manipulate the coil before first fire, heat, and manipulate more while still red until it's where you want it. Done.
Unless you have some extra cash burning through your pocket, and feel the need to follow the crowd go for it.

Then again, if you are building professionally for a customer, you'll want that coil looking perfect as you can, so it could be very helpful.

Reactions: Phone Guy

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
I do need to replace my ceramic tweezers, nd that ceramic coil gizmo could be handy. I made my own coil jigs out of SS Rod, but I cant fire with the rod in there. I can see this being handy like they show pinching your coils while firing then and adjusting them.

And they are black. I like black...
i just started vaping for a mth or so. i've been using Kuro n normal tweezers since i started doing my own coil. thinking of getting a coil winder until i saw these ceramic coil gizmo. really wished its a flat head ceramic tweezer thou.

black is nice,
but they have the white colour ones too.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
I've always used a screwdriver that the coil was wound on, and a leatherman.
I suppose if they had that type of thing when we started coiling I might have them as well. But I see no need for it now.
Just use a dental pick to manipulate the coil before first fire, heat, and manipulate more while still red until it's where you want it. Done.
Unless you have some extra cash burning through your pocket, and feel the need to follow the crowd go for it.

Then again, if you are building professionally for a customer, you'll want that coil looking perfect as you can, so it could be very helpful.
i actually just fired n let go b4 pressing with a SS tweezer, u know.. normal stuffs. but thinking about getting this ceramic set to make sm Titanium build. price is rather gd, but i heard ppl with ceramic tweezer usually ditched tat n convert back to their SS tweezer due to the fact tat ceramic is easily broken if u burned it for too long. is tat true?

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
i actually just fired n let go b4 pressing with a SS tweezer, u know.. normal stuffs. but thinking about getting this ceramic set to make sm Titanium build. price is rather gd, but i heard ppl with ceramic tweezer usually ditched tat n convert back to their SS tweezer due to the fact tat ceramic is easily broken if u burned it for too long. is tat true?
I'm sure someone that has used them would know that answer. The answer to most all things in my world is to keep it simple.

DrWoolyCloud

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2015
My ceramic tweezers have been red hot many times from using them to hold a coil and torching it (shaping it), I never had a problem with them I even used to use them to tighten the button on my smpl mech mod every time I swapped battery. Nothing seemed to break them I had them for months before I got mad at a coil I was building (bad temper) and threw them on a cement floor and they broke.

Point of my story is I don't think the heat breaks them very easy, it took me throwing them to break them.

Just ordered myself a black pair with curved tip. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: macis

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Should you decide to grab this up, please update us as to the durability of the rod. Hopefully not terribly fragile.
i've been using it for few weeks now. the coiler was abit bent when it was sent to me, but i received two of it n 1 tweezer(so all i received 2 coiler n 1 tweezer).

pass 1 of the coiler to a friend. he broke it as soon as he got it while lifting up the coiler as he was firing his coil around it. i however has been making good use of it, i didn't lift the coiler in an upward motion as my friend did, i just push the coiler while pulsing or use my tweezer to make the coil contact.

if u asked if this is a good purchase, i would say yes. i use it whenever i do my build. n after all, u still received 2 coiler n 1 tweezer.

View attachment 509008

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Should you decide to grab this up, please update us as to the durability of the rod. Hopefully not terribly fragile.
N btw, the ceramic tweezer that was sent to me isn't the sharp tip one like the pic above. it was an V-shape tip.
View attachment 509010

here's the packaging of the ceramic set, it clearly stated that it contained 2 coiler, n 1 tweezer.
View attachment 509016

Reactions: entropy1049

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
I wondered based on the fragility of the old school ceramic genny wicks. If it was fairly robust, I could definitely see it as a future purchase.
its actually quite good. as long as u don bent the coiler while pulsing it'll last u long. my friend lifted up the coiler from its handle while pulsing, tats how it broke.

Reactions: entropy1049
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread