Status
Not open for further replies.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I've got an authentic that just sits around collecting dust.
For me it's the gurgling that keeps it sidelined.
I prefer the Hellfire Viper out of any of the BF atty's that I have.
I would sell it but not sure how much of a loss I want to take on it :/

You won't lose anything selling it, as the cost to buy it is now a sunk cost. Keeping it and not enjoying it is losing. Selling it for $100 and getting something you enjoy is your best option at this point.

Reactions: jrs99

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
I would like a Hellfire Viper to, but I haven't seen it for sale on their website, I guess they do sales on Facebook?

My clone Challice got retired last night. Thats it for that one. It is still working, just don't like the minor gurgles, and the mini A6/RM3 and Igo S I normally use are more than satisfactory, to each their own etc.

gertan72

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
İstanbul - TÜRKİYE
Mine arrived and seems to be working fine (so far). Had to realign the air hole and clean the gunk out while apart. Positive post is not sturdy but works, machining looks good, pretty to look at, vapes like a small chamber atty, air flow adjustment works smooth. Very pretty to look at. Layzee Vapor may have nailed it in his first post...

how did you fix airhole line?

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
You won't lose anything selling it, as the cost to buy it is now a sunk cost. Keeping it and not enjoying it is losing. Selling it for $100 and getting something you enjoy is your best option at this point.
Yeah, you may be right. My thought is one day I'll get the art of the squonk down and not flood it and maybe start to enjoy it.
I may just have to list it as I really want another Viper. Just gotta wait for more to be made :(

OBTW There's 9 of these in stock right now ;)
22MM SHORT CRANKED BOTTOM FED DRIPPER - The Attysmith

Reactions: Verb

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Yeah, you may be right. My thought is one day I'll get the art of the squonk down and not flood it and maybe start to enjoy it.
I may just have to list it as I really want another Viper. Just gotta wait for more to be made :(

OBTW There's 9 of these in stock right now ;)
22MM SHORT CRANKED BOTTOM FED DRIPPER - The Attysmith

Thanks for the heads up on the Short Cranked. 8 available now. I may have to open up the air on it, but I'll give it my best as is.

Reactions: jrs99

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Thanks for the heads up on the Short Cranked. 8 available now. I may have to open up the air on it, but I'll give it my best as is.
Shhh....don't say that out loud! Drilling a Hellfire is blasphemy! ;)
You might be able to shoot Darren an email and ask him to drill it out to 1.5mm

Reactions: RickCain

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Shhh....don't say that out loud! Drilling a Hellfire is blasphemy! ;)
You might be able to shoot Darren an email and ask him to drill it out to 1.5mm

I sent a message asking if it was possible to have it drilled larger (2 mm). Even at 2mm the air will be on the lean side for me. I drilled my A6 single coil at 2.4mm and dual at 2mm each.

Edit: wow, what service. Got this message this morning:
HI THERE
DARREN HAS DONE THE 2MM HOLE FOR YOU AND IT WILL BE POSTED OFF TOMORROW

STELLA

Last edited:

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
well i guess i got lucky and musta got one made on Wednesday rite after lunch, threads are fine no gurgling and my air-holes line-up, post screws not stripped...using it all afternoon on my 2015 Cocobolo Woodvil....30ga kanthal on a 1/8th bit 6wraps came out @ 1.52 wicked w/rayon....bought time i had some luck.

Reactions: Treywingo

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I've got both versions from Fasttech, both work perfectly, and are quite nicely machined . Gurgling sounds more like an issue of trying to get more juice in it then it is capable of holding.

Nice!
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these.
The gurgling is the only real issue I've heard, and I thought it might be from individual technique rather than a design flaw, or something easily remedied.
I've had good luck with getting the best performance out of all the attys I've purchased so far.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
It's been great reading about the Chalice III here. I almost bought an authentic as my very first RDA but picked up some less expensive ones and a Chalice clone to learn building and to see if something soooo tiny would benefit me commensurate with its cost. I admire the ingenuity of the design and appreciate that it was built specifically for squonkers but I'm just not swooning yet.

I built a 1.4 ohm and tried a newish flavor from Mountain Oaks Vapor today. The vape was, of course, fuller than the ones I get with an Aero. And, I tasted the kiss of menthol I chose as an option, something I don't pick up in a tank. Downside, having to unscrew it to check my coils (I'm still at the over squonking phase with RDAs so I check frequently). However, because of the design unscrewing it doesn't mess with the airflow I've set. This alone would justify the price of an authentic, in my opinion.

Compared to my Hornet BF I get fewer perfect hits. One in three are 'wow, that's what I'm talkin' about!' The rest feel a little stingy. Going to work with some more to see how I can get consistent vapes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I ordered two Challice V3 from Fasttech. I was psyched! I always wanted a Challice but the price was to high. They finally arrived. Within the hour both were in my kitchen garbage :( neither one of the holes even came close to lineing up with the coils. The post screw was completely shot on the first one, you could pull the screw in and out with your fingers. The second one the screw was welded on! I tried to unscrew it, the entire post came out. At first out of desperation I tried to fix it. Then I thought, what am I doing? This is a hard short waiting to happen. That's when I tossed them both. At least they were cheap. I got exactly what I paid for.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I ordered two Challice V3 from Fasttech. I was psyched! I always wanted a Challice but the price was to high. They finally arrived. Within the hour both were in my kitchen garbage :( neither one of the holes even came close to lineing up with the coils. The post screw was completely shot on the first one, you could pull the screw in and out with your fingers. The second one the screw was welded on! I tried to unscrew it, the entire post came out. At first out of desperation I tried to fix it. Then I thought, what am I doing? This is a hard short waiting to happen. That's when I tossed them both. At least they were cheap. I got exactly what I paid for.

Why didn't you open a ticket and get a refund/replacement?

Fastech has an awesome return policy.
Better than most original Modders.
You don't have to ship to China, just to Florida.

Personally, I cant afford to throw cash in the garbage can.

Reactions: element77

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Why didn't you open a ticket and get a refund/replacement?

Fastech has an awesome return policy.
Better than most original Modders.
You don't have to ship to China, just to Florida.

Personally, I cant afford to throw cash in the garbage can.
I had a problem with Fastech a long time ago. I bought a mod and it was defective. It just ended up being a huge hassle. The emails alone went on for weeks. Yes, after a long fought battle they did replace it. The Challice's were under $10.00 a pice. And no, I don't have $20.00 to throw in the trash either. I see how that could sound arrogant, I didn't mean it as such. I just thought about and felt like, life's short, you have to pick your battles. I just wanted to forget it and move on. Not pursuing a refund was my loss. I know many people have had great experiences with Fasttech, and it wasn't my intention to offend anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread