Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Heck, I'm still trying to find organic, free range porky dust locally for @Debadoo
hehehe There are bound to be porkies in Indiana, and I have no doubt that just like Noah and the ark, a (herd?) ...... looked this one up..... a prickle or two of them will find you! :D

Regulated with temp control may be the only device the FDA will approve.
Unfortunately I believe mech mods in a future US market are doomed.
Fortunately REOs have a good following worldwide.
Difficult, uncertain times for US manufactures.
good point. For myself, I have no desire for a regulated Reo, and surely hope the market doesn't come to that. But if it ever does, I sincerely hope we'll still be able to obtain high quality metal battery boxes with sliding doors :D

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Ooooooh. The ResinReo.
I would have to get one. Or two.

:thumbs:
We are looking into a lot of different ideas:
  • Regulated squonkers
  • Reviving the woodvils in some different wood choices
  • Resin P67's
  • Designing and building a superatomizer (to borrow @Spydro 's terminology for the P67 being a supermod)
It just all takes a lot of time and effort for each project and our hands have been pretty full just getting the "normal" operations set up in Indiana. Heck, I'm still trying to find organic, free range porky dust locally for @Debadoo and trying to figure out where I can put in a drive-thru window for @Mrs C to drop off her mods for Spa treatment.

Thanks,

Eric

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
I would definitely buy two regulated LP REOs (TC or not) if they make them to replace my current mostly being used non-reo regulated squonkers i use with the RM2's. i got the vv woodvill and really love it overall but, i am limited to using the brass RM2 on it and i don't much care for the background taste i get from the brass so not using REO much now. Do hope to see some regulated ones made!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@Sylvie

If @Eric Parlin were to make more standard nickle RM2's, or you could find one in the classifieds that would go a long ways in eliminating the brassy taste.

I have an OG VV Grand, but have never had an elusive VV Woodvil so not sure what size their catch cup is. A guess... maybe a BF Hornet might fit it, mine works in my OG Mini 14500 from the 2/2011 run that has a smaller catch cup, or maybe a Chalice II. They are very hard to come by though, and way expensive being highly collectible.
FWIW

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
@Sylvie

If @Eric Parlin were to make more standard nickle RM2's, or you could find one in the classifieds that would go a long ways in eliminating the brassy taste.

I have an OG VV Grand, but have never had an elusive VV Woodvil so not sure what size their catch cup is. A guess... maybe a BF Hornet might fit it, mine works in my OG Mini 14500 from the 2/2011 run that has a smaller catch cup, or maybe a Chalice II. They are very hard to come by though, and way expensive being highly collectible.
FWIW

would be nice if they made more standard nickel version. i have 3 of the nickel rm2's and none of them fit on it, they are all just slighly too wide to fit into cup unfortunately. been seriously thinking about sanding down the catch cup though but, hate to ruin its authenticity. Still i am extremely picky when it comes to RDA's, out of dozens tried, i have only love my vape on two all these years, the RM2's and the original eshot phoenix (with drill out air-hole), so catchcup is probably going to end up going MIA unless i find a lucky third rda i love. will keep an eye out for the two you mentioned, thanks for the suggestions.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
would be nice if they made more standard nickel version. i have 3 of the nickel rm2's and none of them fit on it, they are all just slighly too wide to fit into cup unfortunately. been seriously thinking about sanding down the catch cup though but, hate to ruin its authenticity. Still i am extremely picky when it comes to RDA's, out of dozens tried, i have only love my vape on two all these years, the RM2's and the original eshot phoenix (with drill out air-hole), so catchcup is probably going to end up going MIA unless i find a lucky third rda i love. will keep an eye out for the two you mentioned, thanks for the suggestions.

Whoah, whoah, whoah. Before you go modding a piece of history, maybe consider...

Graal
Viper
Speed
Nutz

Thye're all skinny little atties and punch at least in the RM2's weight class. Also, the RM3 might just be your ticket.

G'luck with it.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
Whoah, whoah, whoah. Before you go modding a piece of history, maybe consider...

Graal
Viper
Speed
Nutz

Thye're all skinny little atties and punch at least in the RM2's weight class. Also, the RM3 might just be your ticket.

G'luck with it.

viper didn't fit into vv woodvill cup. The others probably won't fit either cause it seems that the inside of my catchcup is less than 14mm cause none of the 14mm's i have bought so far fit into it. that Nutz RDA in 14mm won't probably fit either but, sure sounds and looks like i would really like it.

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
viper didn't fit into vv woodvill cup. The others probably won't fit either cause it seems that the inside of my catchcup is less than 14mm cause none of the 14mm's i have bought so far fit into it. that Nutz RDA in 14mm won't probably fit either but, sure sounds and looks like i would really like it.

Ah, I see. Wow - that's a tiny catch cup (with cartos in mind, no doubt).

The Nutz is a great flavour bomb atty and very well made. I like the deck on the graal a tad better, but the two of them are really good 14mm'ers.

Reactions: Sylvie

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA

What about a hornet?

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
Ah, I see. Wow - that's a tiny catch cup (with cartos in mind, no doubt).

The Nutz is a great flavour bomb atty and very well made. I like the deck on the graal a tad better, but the two of them are really good 14mm'ers.

funny, have a few boges stashed away and i didn't even think to try one on it! decided today to just order a dozen vapage hybrid BF atomizers since they were super discounted (2.70 for pack of 2), not my preferred thing to vape with but, they aren't that bad to use. highly doubtful but if i see a graal rda i will grab it, the slimmer bottom deck area compared to top kinda looks like it would fit into a smaller catch cup perhaps, do like the deck posts being farther apart on it better too. thanks for your valuable knowledge, been very helpful and for now has halted a piece of history from being modded :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
have the VV woodvil.

I have the full set of Rob's front/back pictures of the first run batch of VV Woodvil's in 2012 before the catch cups were installed saved, but unfortunately none of the size specs for them.

But maybe I can lay to rest any myths whether or not a BF Hornet will work or not. I dug out my OG Mini/BF Hornet and took some measurements of it with a dial caliper. It fits just fine in my OG Mini's small/shallow .520X.083" drip well that IIRC was sized to run cartos. But with your deeper catch cup it will be all about it's inner diameter. This Hornets base diameter measures .490, the first step in the cap is .514 and the rest of the steps .535. From the bottom of the 510 to the top of the first cap step is only .338. IOW, with what would be your much taller catch cup on a Woodvil this Hornet would not work in it unless it's catch cup has a .535"+ inner diameter.
My other possible atty's are buried much deeper so were not measured.

HTH

rogmsmall.jpg

Last edited:

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
I have the full set of Rob's front/back pictures of the first run batch of VV Woodvil's in 2012 before the catch cups were installed saved, but unfortunately none of the size specs for them.

But maybe I can lay to rest any myths whether or not a BF Hornet will work or not. I dug out my OG Mini/BF Hornet and took some measurements of it with a dial caliper. It fits just fine in my OG Mini's small/shallow .520X.083" drip well that IIRC was sized to run cartos. But with your deeper catch cup it will be all about it's inner diameter. This Hornets base diameter measures .490, the first step in the cap is .514 and the rest of the steps .535. From the bottom of the 510 to the top of the first cap step is only .338. IOW, with what would be your much taller catch cup on a Woodvil this Hornet would not work in it unless it's catch cup has a .535"+ inner diameter.
My other possible atty's are buried much deeper so were not measured.

HTH

View attachment 679631

thank you for the throughout verification :)
will try finding husband's caliper and see what the actual inner diameter of my catchcup is for future RDA purchases.

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread