Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
thank you for the throughout verification :)
will try finding husband's caliper and see what the actual inner diameter of my catchcup is for future rda purchases.

If you do find out that a Hornet will fit I've got one right here that I bought for the wife that never vapes.. Still won't let me sell the reo mini even though she won't vape. Haha it's like when ya quite smoking and ya gota keep a pack of smokes around tucked away just encase.

Anyways.. it's modded for bf and the air hole opened up a little and the wire holes also opened up to fit wider gauge wire. Runs perfect. I've got a 30/30/30 Clapton coil on it now.

Reactions: Sylvie

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@Sylvie @SteamStack

Of interest maybe, my Hornet is a factory BF Hornet. After searching literally everywhere, including in Europe with my many contacts there for one without success, I called Indy Vape that I think was the only shop that still had some non BF Hornets in stock to buy one and have it BF'd. Just for S&G I asked the nice lady if they had ever had any factory BF Hornet's. They had, and she even knew of the last one that had been squirreled away there... and sold it to me. So maybe it was the last still new factory BF Hornet on two continents anyway.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
@Sylvie @SteamStack

Of interest maybe, my Hornet is a factory BF Hornet. After searching literally everywhere, including in Europe with my many contacts there for one without success, I called Indy Vape that I think was the only shop that still had some non BF Hornets in stock to buy one and have it BF'd. Just for S&G I asked the nice lady if they had ever had any factory BF Hornet's. They had, and she even knew of the last one that had been squirreled away there... and sold it to me. So maybe it was the last still new factory BF Hornet on two continents anyway.

I bought my first ego's, my e-vic and pro-tanks from them a long time ago.

KAS

Reactions: Spydro

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
@Sylvie @SteamStack

I know that place.. bought my era and hornets and cyclones from them. Pricey but it was reliable.. Nice they had inserts and stuff for them as well.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
@Sylvie @SteamStack

Wow you rattled my brain, dug in the vape box and there was a factory bf hornet. Got to coil it up but think the af is going to be too tight. In the day they were top of the line.

Attachments

• IMG_0654.JPG
    IMG_0654.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 36

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Wow you rattled my brain, dug in the vape box and there was a factory bf hornet. Got to coil it up but think the af is going to be too tight. In the day they were top of the line.

Mine didn't get used because after the long search to find one I just couldn't allow myself to drill it out for my DLH's. Exactly why I don't know, it's rarity by then I guess. I've drilled out many other authentic atty's before and after it without a second thought.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I would have thought there would be a place in the market for a regulated Reo.
Maybe a modular design would work out?
If you kept the main body of the mod for the juice bottle, battery and 510 and then had separate screw on panels that could be fitted and or swapped by the end user.
That way you would be able to offer separate panels for the different chip sets from different manufacturers as they hit the market, without having to pay for a complete mod each time. If a chip set failed or you just fancied an upgrade you would be able to just purchase a replacement panel. You could also offer a simple mechanical switch panel.

Reactions: SteamStack

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
We are looking into a lot of different ideas:
  • Regulated squonkers
  • Reviving the woodvils in some different wood choices
  • Resin P67's
  • Designing and building a superatomizer (to borrow @Spydro 's terminology for the P67 being a supermod)
It just all takes a lot of time and effort for each project and our hands have been pretty full just getting the "normal" operations set up in Indiana. Heck, I'm still trying to find organic, free range porky dust locally for @Debadoo and trying to figure out where I can put in a drive-thru window for @Mrs C to drop off her mods for Spa treatment.

Thanks,

Eric
Do a 25mm, single 20700 BATT with a HYBRID RDA in the style of the Kennedy Trickster. Fully mechanical.

THAT would a hell of a sqounker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread