Change all

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
The two mods don't look drastically different to the point where I would call it a substantial upgrade for a MTL user, but I have heard that people really love the Naughty2 tank and that is what would probably do it for you. I use the NaughtyX ( 4 ml extension) and I like it but several people on the board swear by the Naughty2 (2 ml capacity).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have that exact setup and I like it. Listopencil, with the Nautilus 2 0.7 coil, it might be a slight upgrade? I agree the Nautilus X is more flexible, but it's a decent setup, I use it as my major backup as it is small, portable, reliable and easy to take around on the go. For the price, I'd say it's worth consideration. I've heard good things about the NautiX and I did manage to get a survival kit for *really cheap* but it will not be arriving quite yet, so I can't comment on the differences between the two. But I don't think that kit mentioned is a bad choice at all.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The zelos. I don't have an Istick, so I can't offer a comparison, but I'm a fan of Aspire products for their versatility and reliability. The Zelos mod is a nice mod, it's portable, light, compact, and charges easily. I use it for my backup merely because it has an internal battery, so I don't have to worry about constantly charging on a USB port, but that said, it does charge rather quickly, and there are several good, reliable devices that use USB charge and internal batteries. If you want to get into reusable batteries the cost does go up a bit (not necessarily for the device but you would have to buy several rechargeable batteries (well, at least two, if you go with a one battery mod) and a charger.... Though you can charge removable batteries with a USB port, it is for the most part not recommended.

I don't think you will be disappointed with the Zelos though.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, the Zelos has TC (if you think you may be into that, though I haven't tested it's true capabilities) and is a 75 watt adjustable vs. the 40 on the istick, so you might get longer battery life, even if it is rechargeable. That said, if your battery life is doing fine and you MTL anyway, there's no reason to necessarily switch out (unless you'd like a backup battery if something happens to yours) and the kit is fairly inexpensive for the value as it already comes with the Nautilus 2 on top. That said, you can get just the tank for around $20 (or less if you don't mind waiting a bit), so it really depends on what you want. That said, the N2 would work fine on your current battery.

Anna

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I learnt a long time ago about internal batteries with the 2 IStick50's I bought for my wife. They both lasted about 9 months with one on charge while she used the other. They worked great and still work but the internal batts don't hold charge anymore so I have 2 perfectly working mods that are useless. Taking them apart to replace the batteries I'll do one day but in no hurry. Spending the extra money on charger and a mod with replaceable batts is a better choice in the long run cause IMO those internal batteries they put into those mods are crap to begin with and die long before the same external batts. You rely on a USB charge port that are weak to begin with in any mod so the slightest jar, its broken and again a useless perfectly working mod.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I do agree personally that replaceable batteries are mostly the way to go at this point, but it is an added startup expense. That said, some people prefer portability/lightness/ease of use over a longer life of the mod. I'm pretty much of the reverse opinion, but I'm not carrying around two steampunks, or even two rechargeable mods, even my black hole purse might take issue with that, I think. I figure if I barely use it, the life on it should be fine. A lot of folks just prefer stick style batteries and USB charging, and I don't think that's terrible, if they're willing to accept that they may have to do some replacing.

I do agree that there are better options out there, however, for some folks. If you've been vaping steadily though, slg, and you're pretty steadily vaping and not smoking and you think you will continue you may want to look into a one battery, external charge setup if you are willing to buy batteries and a charger along with that. There are plenty of good devices that have been around a while and aren't that expensive, but it will be one more variable that you will have to pay attention to.

Anna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
A lot of folks just prefer stick style batteries and USB charging, and I don't think that's terrible, if they're willing to accept that they may have to do some replacing.

Lots of plug and play vapers out there. Some like me took the steps to rebuild and DIY but whatever works is the way to go, quality control has improved immensely since I started vaping clearos several years ago so plug and play isn't such a gamble. Its more to the FDA hammer that might have some mods and coils disappear but that has been put off for a couple more years.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Nautilus 2 will come with a 1.8 and 0.7 coil. I'd suggest trying both to see which you prefer. I actually like them both and kind of alternate them. I run them similarly, they are both MTL coils for me (I do that by adjusting airflow and wattage) but you CAN technically direct lung the device on a 0.7 with the right airflow and wattage, it's just not crazy overwhelming like a 0.15 coil might be.

I prefer the draw on the 1.8 and it drinks *slightly* less juice, now that my coil's broken in I am running it on 7 watts, for some reason this coil does better at 7 than my last 1.8 on 8 watts (each coil has mini variances, I guess), and I really enjoy vape quality and taste. The 0.7 has even better taste as far as I'm concerned, and also lasts me way longer than the 1.8 coil most of the time, but I have to use max VG as I'm sensitive to inhaled PG. It does use more battery and juice, but not that much. The draw is slightly "airier" and that can be fun, but I tend to use the 1.8 out and about as I can really stealth vape on that and while driving I'd really prefer the least amount of vapor possible.

But, try both, some people have a major preference one way or another. I only mentioned the 0.7 coil because it's a nice feature, and something of an "in between" coil to me, and some people really love the flavor/vape on that.

Anna

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I have to agree as well just get the Nautilus 2 first it will work perfect on a 40w istick. The .7ohm coil maxes out around 23w and the 1.8ohm coil goes to around 13w. Then from there if you wanna get a mod that is inexpensive with an external battery, I would suggest the istick Pico it is a perfect fit for the Nautilus 2. Small and pocket friendly.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
iStick and GS air is a combination I use.
The vapor is ok, nothing special up to about 15w.
I consider the GS a cheaper alternative to the original Nautilus (mini).
I would recommend the Nautilus 2 if there is a coil for 15-20w.
Higher than that, maybe a genuine subohm tank instead + DTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread