Changing batteries now meter wrong with one set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanZurrin

Sep 7, 2016
hi my names Ryan and new to vaping. Using a dan 75 therion, I have a set of Samsung inr18650-2500mah 3.6 volt batteries I got with device and then I bought some mxjo inr18650-3000mah 3.7 volt batteries and when I use those batteries the battery gauge goes to empty way before it is really empty. Is there a easy way to set a profile foe each set so when I put them in I can fire up escribe and just switch profiles and have an accurate meter? Where could I get profile settings? I was using the battery analyzer but at 40 watts with a set of ss .25ohm coils in it and the device got so hot the board temp was up to 180 so I got nervous and stopped it to cool off but could not just restart from where left off? Is this the process I need to use to get battery discharge profile? Is them safe temps. Can someone please help me?

RyanZurrin

Sep 7, 2016
So I know not to buy mxjo batteries again but still not sure how to make it so my battery meter works right with the new ones also. The battery meter gets to empty well before the soft cell cutoff point so I never know exactly what is left but it'll go a half day after being on empty before it starts flashing on me. Just want a separate battery profile for each I'm sure it is possible just not sure how to do it?

RyanZurrin

Sep 7, 2016
It was fine with the original set that it came with, so I thought anyway. What I had to do was run the battery analyzer with my new set to get the discharge profile for that set of batteries, I then saved that file as mxjo. Before the battery meter would run out before the batteries with the mxjo, but worked decent with the Samsung it came with. I then ran the analyzer on the samsungs also and it slightly changed the discharge graph, so now when I use the original ones also I have a file saved Samsung I load up and I can switch when I change batteries. The Samsung batteries discharge more accurate now too. It is worth getting a computer to use escribe p, there is so many settings to tinker with.

Reactions: NavVet1969

RyanZurrin

Sep 7, 2016
Therions are sent out from the manufacturer with many presets already on the board. Go into escribe again and check for the battery type. Some had been factory preset for LiPo, just change to Lithium-Ion and all should be well. Mine was fine. That is a good thing because I don't have a computer to connect to escribe!
I had it set right just a new set of batteries with higher mah rating so different discharge profile then the one that is loaded.had to run battery analyzer and save data file to load when I change batteries. I charge my batteries on an external charger so I always have a set to go.

RyanZurrin

Sep 7, 2016
I'm glad you got it figured out. I'll find a computer some time soon, I'd like to go through escribe and see what is there. There are changes in the display I'd like to make as well.
Yeah escribe is pretty awesome for sure, you can make all kinds of adjustments to the display, what info is displayed the position of stuff, what it says, pretty much everything is adjustable. Pretty fun if you like to tinker with things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread