Changing nicotine levels for low or sub ohm attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
After many years of happily vaping away on minis (M401, eRoll, X-TC 3) my other half has just invested in some new devices (just battery & tank, no variable anything) that will allow sub ohm vaping. We've both been giving them a bash & one thing we both noticed is our regular strength liquid (2.4%) gives us such a nicotine rush that we were feeling dizzy after a few puffs (one 0.75Ω in one tank & one 1.5Ω in the other). So much so, that we cut the liquid down to 1.2%.

I'm not sure of the resistance on her (or my) minis, but my pipes, which I am still happily vaping the same 2.4% liquid as we tried in the new kit are 2.4Ω & 1.5Ω(but with a much smaller battery), hence this thread.

Is it common to change down nic strength when switching from high to low resistance devices / attys?

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
So dropping from 24 to 12 is no biggie then

Well that would depend on the person but I went from 18 to 24 MG down to 6 MG when I was using cig-a-likes and switched to a MOD with a Nautilus Mini. One month later I went to the 3 MG I am at now. Put it this way, in my opinion you will know when you get too much nicotine.

Reactions: BackDoc

greek_vaper

Feb 29, 2016
At 1.5 Ω and 10-15 Watts I would vape 12-18 mg/ml with 18 feeling more than enough meanwhile the puffs were discreet MTL and comparable to real cigs. Subohming at 30-50W, 12-18 mg/ml felt too harsh and burning giving me dizzy spells so I went down to 0-3mg/ml as the DTL puffs are way too huge, dense and definitely not suitable for outside my house as they draw too much attention and critisism.

greek_vaper

Feb 29, 2016
Started at 24mg/higher oHm (really can't remember where I started at) and as I have dropped oHms so has my nic levels dropped. Now I'm at 0.16-0.5 oHms (depending on tank) and use 1-3mg juice depending on tank and where I'm at. Higher nic at work or other places where I vape less and lower nic when vaping more.

It only makes sense because the more vapor we inhale the more nicotine we absorb in our system. I reckon the same goes for flavour; I noticed that at high wattage some of my liquids gave less or no flavour at all propably due to my taste buds getting overloaded and muted. As a result I dilute with base down to 1:5 or even 1:10 to get full descent flavour at higher watts when subohming on drippers. I wonder if other vapers have same issues with flavour strenghth besides nicotine at higher watts.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm in a similar situation. I was vaping 18mg for quite a while at 14w 1.8ohms and went and got myself a few sub ohm setups and blew my head off!

Since then i've dropped to 2mg on the sub-ohms and feel fine. I'm going to resurrect my little tootle puffer for stealth vaping purposes which will require me to make some different juice for but i think i'll only go as high as 6mg on it and not go back to 18mg like before

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
My personal rule of thumb for starting sub-ohm is half what you vape otherwise. so, if 18 mg is your normal, since 9 is not common unless you DIY, try 6mg as 12 would likely be a bit much. I vape 24 mg on 1.5 ohms so, 12 mg is good sub-ohm for me. I can do 6 if I vape non stop, 3 is too low for me, I get the jitters and a headache from lack of sufficient nicotine.

btportugal

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
UK
My personal rule of thumb for starting sub-ohm is half what you vape otherwise. so, if 18 mg is your normal, since 9 is not common unless you DIY, try 6mg as 12 would likely be a bit much. I vape 24 mg on 1.5 ohms so, 12 mg is good sub-ohm for me. I can do 6 if I vape non stop, 3 is too low for me, I get the jitters and a headache from lack of sufficient nicotine.

Similar for me 6mg in a normal tank, 3mg for sub ohm.

Reactions: BlueMoods
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread