Charger blinking red green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agonoize

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
Wisconsin
I tried searching google and the forum, the most i found was red blinking. My provari 1100 mah battery stated blinking red green last night while in the charger. It was in there fine for about 20 min. I took it out put it back in the same blinking. I did notice it was warmer than usual. Actually, i don't remember it ever being warm from charging.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
All batteries will warm a little, especially during the bulk stage of the charge cycle.

On many Li-ion battery chargers the red light is constantly lit for most of the charge cycle. As the battery approaches full charge the green and red lights will flash alternately: faster at first, slower as time passes. When the battery is fully charged the green light will stay lit constantly and the red light will not light. Better quality chargers will shut down charging completely when full charge is reached (usually just below 4.2V), others may leave the battery on a trickle charge. Best to remove batteries as soon as possible after the solid green light shows, unless you know for sure the charger will shut down after full charge is achieved.

Don't know if this is how the Provari charging lights operate, though. I'm sure another Provari owner will drop by.

Last edited:

Tartan

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
Richmond, VA
From my knowledge of li-on use from ecigs and also rc helicopters this flashing is 100% normal...think of it as an indications of how full the battery is...if its empty you will see solid red...25% and you'll see it flicker to green then back to red 75% few seconds of red and 1 second of green....etc etc etc...more green you see the fuller the charge...

Common sense tells me this happens because the pcb in the charger must monitor the voltage in the battery to ensure no over charging is happening so in order to take a reading it must cease charging take a volt reading then continue to charge the battery. So for this to happen it will flash green when those readings are being taken ...

If someone knows for sure then I'll stand corrected but that's just what my limited knowledge of electronic is telling me

Excuse the bad spelling I'm on an ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread