Charger light colors?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by dawhoo, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dawhoo

dawhoo Full Member

What do the colors mean on the chargers? I think yellow means it's charging. Green means it's done charging. But what is red? One of my 808D-1 manuals, when it put it in the charger, the led stays red. Does this mean I have a dead battery or a very low charge in the battery?

I tried to search, but "red" is too short a term for the search here.

2. dawhoo

dawhoo Full Member

Oh and the manual doesn't say anything about the charger colors codes.

3. Ajaxus

Ajaxus Senior Member ECF Veteran

Typically in the world of charging batteries, red means it's dead/has no charge/has very little charge, yellow/orange means that it is charging and is part way done, and green means good to go.

I would assume it means the same here. There's no harm in leaving it plugged in for awhile and then checking back on it I would think.

4. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Red means charging, orange means almost done, green = done. Some go from red to green with no orange in between. 401 chargers stay green with a flash of red every couple of seconds when they are done.

5. dawhoo

dawhoo Full Member

Ahhh, I think I might have a bad battery then. Only 1 though. It's been red for about 3 hours now. The others are amberish and slowly turn to green. Thanks for the help. It makes sense.

6. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

You know it can take up to 4 hours to charge some batteries.

7. Lab

Lab Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

isnt it great not being color blind.. i look at that light all the time it is always the same color to me..

8. dawhoo

dawhoo Full Member

I am glad to be able to see the colours. However, this one battery has been red light for 9 hours. Guess I got a bad one, good thing I ordered 6 total. Yes, 6, I use to work for the government. Redundancy is good. Good.

9. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I truly wish bi-color LEDs were blue/green or blue/red. I can't distinguish between the red and green, other than light intensity if I have two units of a kind, or on my multi-charger. And, the KR808D-1 charger blasts out high intensity when charging and then dims down when charged. Bi-color red/green LEDs are also a problem with me at my job.
    Here's one color "blindness" test (Misnomer) for those who don't know about it.
    [​IMG]
    People with normal color vision will see 58 (upper left), 18 (upper right), E (lower left) and 17 (lower right). The only pattern I see is the 18 in the upper right.

10. Lab

yeah the only one i can see clear is the 18.. I have a lot of problems with this since i draw.. only work in black and white because of this. every now and then will try color but it does not look right to me

11. dawhoo

dawhoo Full Member

I think I see an "L" in the lower left one, the others are a right or I can make it out. I better not be color blind, my job requires me to see colors!

12. Lab

you are color blind.. it is more shades of colors that are hard to tell .. i play candy land with my nephews and they still think I am cheating because the orange looks like yellow to me and the purple looks blue

13. grim_piper

grim_piper Senior Member ECF Veteran

The "it's charged" blue LED on my USB charger is so bright could direct jet traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.