Charger too slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
I've had an ego-c 400mah bat for a while now and use a 150mah charger on it. Charges fine, just slowly. But I just got a smok 450mah in, and the light wont come on while charging. I know that it actually is charging, just cant tell when it's done. Is this dangerous to leave plugged in after it's fully charged? I removed it well before it was full the one time i did charge it.

The charger is from a 510 cigalike battery kit.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi Captain. I wouldn't trust any charger/device to charge unattended (like when sleeping or away from home). From what I recall the battery flashes when it's done or the light stays solid, not exactly certain. I believe 2 1/2 hours was the charging time.

Id suggest instead of buying more of the small batteries, if vape is working for you. to invest in something like the iStick 30W (30 to 35 online). I wen thru 4 or 5 of the little mah batteries, then a spinner 1600 mah before getting a mod. Vape really shines with a good tank and mod (battery) power source.

Below is my journey. The Nautilus Mini, my first "great" and "game changing" tank is mounted on the Spinner 2 in the center and on one of the iStick 50W's on the right.

My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

Reactions: MrDripper

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Thank you, I will not be leaving it overnight for sure. I am wondering if anyone knows if, since the light doesnt come on, if perhaps it's unable to sense that it's charging and thus, dangerously, unable to sense when done, and so keeps trying to accept current :/ I'm gonna buy an ego charger soon.

I actually have a DNA 30 (clone) coming in hopefully tomorrow as well as a supposedly rad tank. But I will not be blowing clouds at work, vaping is a big no-no there - that is why I love my ego minis :)

Off topic, but the 450mah is actually about a cm shorter than the 400mah...crazy!

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Kicking myself even harder now after seeing that Kanger Subox kit...DNA 30 and Arctic tank were impulse buys, this would have been way better and cheaper augh

I have the Kanger Subtank Mini's already, and love them. The Subbox makes me itch when I think about it. I'm going to try and put that "shinyitis" issue off till next month.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
If you're going to spend the money on a charger, make sure it is an 'intelligent' charger.
Nitecore makes the best intelligent chargers I've found IMO.
They automatically shut off when batteries are charged as well as several other options such as: automatically determining what battery chemistry the batteries are inserted, trickle charging and so on.
nitecore.com

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Are
If you're going to spend the money on a charger, make sure it is an 'intelligent' charger.
They automatically shut off when batteries are charged as well as several other options such as: automatically determining what battery chemistry the batteries are inserted, trickle charging and so on.
nitecore.com
we still talking about for my ego mini?

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Sorry, no. Got off topic. But, if and when you upgrade to rechargable batteries, Nitecore chargers are the way to go IMO.
Too late, got an efest SODA, and will probably just use the usb cable that came with my dna 30. Mods and subohm are not for me, but handy if I get so antsy and wanting to smoke, i'll go outside and blow clouds till I OD on nicotine and remember my goals and why I quit smoking LOL

Reactions: MrDripper

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
nitecore.com

What Shannon said - Ditto! It shuts itself off when it's done charging. I've had my Nitecore i2 for around 7 months now, and never had a problem. I fall asleep with it charging all the time and all I ever wake up to is solid, non-blinky lights and two freshly charged 18650s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread