1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Charging your Ego Twist

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Kenho21, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kenho21

Kenho21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just got my Ego Twist and I love it, but I'm wondering, is it okay to leave it on the charger all night? I'm not sure if these chargers will overcharge the battery or not...

2. Devin35

Devin35 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

There should be a built in protection, but I have heard of some rare instances where a battery will overheat and have to be tossed, I would just charge it until it's done and the light is green. Better safe than sorry :)

3. grandmato5

grandmato5 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

While it probably would turn out ok, it's never a good idea to leave our batteries not being watched over and plugged in overnight.

4. Prometheus72

Prometheus72 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Do you have to wait for an eGo-c Twist battery to be completely drained before charging? or can I just charge anytime?

5. Berylanna

Berylanna Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Isn't it Li-ion? Those are like the NEWER cell phone batteries, no "memory", so, as with my SI X2's, I charge them whenever I've vaped them awhile. No problem.

6. Prometheus72

Prometheus72 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well that's what I thought...but I wanted to make sure. :)

7. njay23

njay23 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've accidentally left it charging overnight with no issue but I wouldn't make a habit of it. It's supposed to stop charging when it turns green but if something were to malfunction... who knows

8. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's not a good habit to get into. If it happens every once in awhile it's no big deal. I don't even know how many times I've fallen asleep while batteries are charging or just plain forgot about them.

9. Ralikar

Ralikar Moved On ECF Veteran

10. Oniko

Oniko Moved On

Thanks for posting this. I just got mine today too and was wondering the same thing. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen to my precioussssss

11. Carl0411

Carl0411 Full Member

I figured since it's no memory Li-ion batteries, I charge them like I would my cell phone. I charge it when I'm not using it, even though battery is still not out, and I vape when I want to, even if it's not done charging. Don't know if it adversely affects the battery, but haven't had any problems yet, seems like it lasts as long as it did when I first got it (6 weeks). I do occasionally leave it charging overnight, but I figure it should have some sort of protection, like when the light on the charger turns green, it would just act like it's not even plugged in. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I lack the technical expertise to definitively say that it's safe or say otherwise. Just hope it doesn't blow up on me one day....:unsure:

12. Berylanna

Berylanna Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I think that depends on the brand of the charger. Hmmm, mine is from a different manufacturer, I'd better check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.