Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I have been using daily:
  • have had issues (ss TC Mode) with anemic vape intermittently when waking from sleep/hibernate where unit will fire atty w/ 1.5w even though set for 45w forcing atty re-calibration. Vapes fine again after re-calibration.
  • TC seems accurate and have not had any over-temp hits.
  • Feel of mod is good, well built, rock solid battery door w/ no noticeable shifting.
  • When charging via usb only when charging is complete & cable is still attached, I will be forced to re-calibrate atty unless cable is disconnected.
  • 510 is shallow & spacer washer is required for Merlin.
  • Resistance rock solid & seemingly accurate.
  • RTA & RDTA are both very good w/ no leaking noted if properly wicked. Each are comparable to the name brand atty they are styled after.
  • No firmware updater posted at Smoant. No firmware update posted at Smoant.
If a firmware update can solve this issue like in Evic VTC, it is a stellar mod.I have reported this to Smoant with no reply over multiple days going on a week. Lack of response from Taylor at Smoant is troubling.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I have been using daily:
  • have had issues (ss TC Mode) with anemic vape intermittently when waking from sleep/hibernate where unit will fire atty w/ 1.5w even though set for 45w forcing atty re-calibration. Vapes fine again after re-calibration.
  • TC seems accurate and have not had any over-temp hits.
  • Feel of mod is good, well built, rock solid battery door w/ no noticeable shifting.
  • When charging via usb only when charging is complete & cable is still attached, I will be forced to re-calibrate atty unless cable is disconnected.
  • 510 is shallow & spacer washer is required for Merlin.
  • Resistance rock solid & seemingly accurate.
  • RTA & RDTA are both very good w/ no leaking noted if properly wicked. Each are comparable to the name brand atty they are styled after.
  • No firmware updater posted at Smoant. No firmware update posted at Smoant.
If a firmware update can solve this issue like in Evic VTC, it is a stellar mod.I have reported this to Smoant with no reply over multiple days going on a week. Lack of response from Taylor at Smoant is troubling.
FYI
Taylor from Smoant contacted me the other nght:
  • She says that the Firmware Updater for Charon TC will be posted on the Smoant Website prior to the Charon TC entering the full distribution stage.
  • They have received my report regarding the issues in ss TC I have experienced with the Charon TC forcing the atty re-calibration. They have forwarded my report to their technical department to be addressed & corrected in the first firmware update. I have supplied Smoant with my coil configuration information so they may duplicate my conditions in testing.
  • Firmware update is expected to be posted on their website next month.
  • My faith in Smoant has been restored since my communication with Taylor. She was holding off in getting back to me until she heard heard back from the technical department with an answer regarding the issue and that is perfectly understandable.
With that somewhat annoying issure resolved, the Charon TC promises to be a very nice mod indeed.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Hi, does anybody know what the NC in temp control is?
Supposed to be NiChrome. Many devices from Kanger, Smoant & others claim to be able to TC it.

Evolv does not claim to be able to TC it. As far as I know, the only device that can do it successfully, repeatedly, & reliably are the Hohmtech G2 & Slice mods. I have not tested this mode on the Charon TC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread