Not open for further replies.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I won a Charon here on ECF.
Straight outta the box it smelled of glue. I took the battery cover off and let it air out overnight. It still smelled pretty bad, fast forward five days, the smell is finally gone.
I don't use TC, I set it up like my Tesla Nano, with a Goon rda built at .32 @ 52W. There was a noticeable lag, not bad, but you can tell its there. I use mostly mech mods and try to keep a few regulated mods around to fiddle with, this one has since been retired.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Reviewers didn't mention lag. If there is one it will be sold. Hate fire lag! Already have one pretty paperweight, don't need another.
There is no lag at all. If i see any lag I'll make it a con for sure. It sounds like the user above got a bad one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Just read some written reviews & all said had very responsive fire button. Maybe you got a first run Charon & lag a qc issue.
Personally I'm very quick to point out issues in my reviews. Just look at all the drama I caused on my captain review lol

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I have two of these and get no lag. In fact this is the only mod I own that fires exactly like my Lost Vape DNA75. I think this thing is a steal at the price which is why I wound up buying two. They not only fire instantly they also have a consistency to the vape that I do not find on other mods except my DNA.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I have two of these and get no lag. In fact this is the only mod I own that fires exactly like my Lost Vape DNA75. I think this thing is a steal at the price which is why I wound up buying two. They not only fire instantly they also have a consistency to the vape that I do not find on other mods except my DNA.
Yup very good performer. U can check my review for the full stats. I'll be testing the dna75c chip soon

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I got a new Smoant Charon TC218 mod from Heaven Gifts about a week or so ago and gotta say, I've been very pleased with it so far. I haven't noticed any firing lag at all, it's more responsive to many other mods. The build quality feels very solid and with the leather wrap it feels great in the hand. Seems very well built, it's got a little heft to it, buttons feel good, battery door fits nice and snug, no rattle or sloppy play in any of the fittings. Feels better in the hand than my trusty VT133 and 25mm attys sit perfect.

I've been using it primarily in SS mode and it's been working great. In SS mode it does seem to fire a little hotter, about 20 degrees, to my DNA mods, but that's no biggie. The vape seems nice and smooth, I've been enjoying TC vaping with it. It works great in wattage mode, no problems at all. It does have TCR as well as different curve settings, but haven't really messed with the curve settings. The only complaint I have is that I can't set the watts in TC mode, it's set at 100w. Overall, I've been happy with it.

0EvbI4D.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I tried that, but didn't work. I'll fiddle with it a bit more.
Also the software to program curves in it should be ready soon. It may be holding one of the adjustment buttons and fire at the same time. I haven't user or in a but sadly. Reviews make me rotate to using stuff I'm working on only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread