Cheap Blunt Tipped Needle for my B-D 5ml syringe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Hi! I have a 5ml B-D syringe that I want to use to fill with the amount of ejuice I want to use for the day and put in a separate bottle but I'm having trouble finding a company that will only sell one or a few without a small order fee or outrageous shipping prices. If you know of a place where I could get what I'm looking for please let me know! I really appreciate it!!! Thank you! :)

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I believe you can get them at a few stores like hardware or office supply. I know they are used to refilling printer ink cartridges..you can try pharmacys too but they might only carry pointed syringes. I buy 3ml syringes for e cigs at CVS. I believe I read places like Tractor Supply and animal supply stores carry them for some uses. You probably can get the whole syringe and blunt tip fairly inexpensively. CVS charged me $3 for 10-3ml syringed tip and all but they were sharp needles and too small for filling. I use them to repair CE2's and for filling CE2's with blunt tips and the plastic one.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
I believe you can get them at a few stores like hardware or office supply. I know they are used to refilling printer ink cartridges..you can try pharmacys too but they might only carry pointed syringes. I buy 3ml syringes for e cigs at CVS. I believe I read places like Tractor Supply and animal supply stores carry them for some uses. You probably can get the whole syringe and blunt tip fairly inexpensively. CVS charged me $3 for 10-3ml syringed tip and all but they were sharp needles and too small for filling. I use them to repair CE2's and for filling CE2's with blunt tips and the plastic one.

Hi! I'm so used to needing to buy things online I forgot to consider obvious places like pharmacies and office supply stores! lol Thank you for bringing them up. I bought some Fluxomizers which I decided to trade and with them I bought from them a 1ml Syringe w/ Steel Blunt Tipped 19 gauge Applicator Needle. Would that not work for me? I planned on giving it to my dad for my stepmom for the same purposes as me.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Hi! I'm so used to needing to buy things online I forgot to consider obvious places like pharmacies and office supply stores! lol Thank you for bringing them up. I bought some Fluxomizers which I decided to trade and with them I bought from them a 1ml Syringe w/ Steel Blunt Tipped 19 gauge Applicator Needle. Would that not work for me? I planned on giving it to my dad for my stepmom for the same purposes as me.

I know all the ones I have are luer lock but I believe there are other kinds..the plastic tips that come with CE2's are that kind also..I believe it is the most used kind..so good chance it will work..I use a 20 gauge I got at MadVapes 19 gauge is a little bigger around so it should work ok..except on maybe really thick juices it might be a little small. I have found with my 20 gauge it is restrictive with really thick juices..it still works but it takes a min to fill up or empty with my 20 gauge...

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
I know all the ones I have are luer lock but I believe there are other kinds..the plastic tips that come with CE2's are that kind also..I believe it is the most used kind..so good chance it will work..I use a 20 gauge I got at MadVapes 19 gauge is a little bigger around so it should work ok..except on maybe really thick juices it might be a little small. I have found with my 20 gauge it is restrictive with really thick juices..it still works but it takes a min to fill up or empty with my 20 gauge...

Thank you!! That's good news! My stepmom doesn't have any thick juices so it should be fine! :)

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Sharps work best for filling cartos and transferring juice from one bottle to another. But an 18 gauge sharp is easy to grind down. About 2 seconds on a bench grinder.

You can buy them already ground at

myPVshop.com - Store Home

Update: I placed an order for one 5ml syringe and an 18 gauge needle and asked them to please blunt the tip for me. It all cost me only $4.97 and I wasn't "penalized" for making a small order! I like that place! Thank you again!

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
This is what I was looking for , At CVS and places like that do you just ask for the gauge you want or......

You may or may not be able to purchase syringes and needles at pharmacies like Walgreen or CVS. Just depends on how your state and local laws read. For sure, you will need to speak to the pharmacist and explain what you will be using them for.

The 18 gauge sharp point works best for me for refilling cartos. 20 gauge is too small to easily syringe up the nic liquid. The point helps it slide down between the filler and carto wall without compressing the filler too much.

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Hi! My main supplier is MadVapes and I just realize that they sell syringes and needles for good prices so I'll be buying from there. Here is what I've learned so far:

1.) I have bought two 14 gauge needles from MadVapes and they both came with blunt tips. If you would like sharp points(which Bozzlite mentioned and may really be better for filling cartos) can be found at mypvshop. I bought an 18 gauge needle from there and they will blunt the tip for you for free if you prefer that way if you ask them.

2.) I use an 18 gauge blunt tip right now (when I don't use the condom method) to fill cartos, but I plan on buying a 20 gauge needle for that because it's a little smaller and my friend uses one that size and likes it. It's your preference though. Bozzlite finds that size too small to draw liquid. Note: You will notice that both 20 and 21 gauge are sold. My friend pointed out to me that the diameter of those two needles are the same, only on the inside of the needle the hole of the 21 gauge is smaller, so it sounds like if you buy a 21 gauge it will be no smaller to slip inside your cartomizer between the wall and the filler so I plan on buying the 20 gauge because it sounds like buying the 21 gauge would do no good but would make it even harder to draw liquid.

3.) When I mix liquids I was using an 18 gauge needle. I have a juice that is only slightly thick and trying to draw liquid with this size needle was very hard. I switched to 14 gauge and I am now so happy because I use it for my thin liquids and my slightly thicker juice and it draws up the liquid so easily it's great!!

Last edited:

TJVJR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Tri Cities , TN
Thanks all , I found some 18 gauge at Tractor supply. A 5 pack of needles ( sharp ) , a 6ccc/ml and a 4cc/ml syringe was a little under 3 dollars. Not too bad. I may order some ( thanks for the supplier info ) a bit later but I am excited to use the clearomizers I just got :vapor:. Time to learn something new ( again ) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread